Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-02-2023, 11:19 PM
Master
How do I stabilize nothingness to enter pure awareness?

From physical body awareness to mental thought awareness to nothingness awareness. In nothingness thoughts keep come up. How do I stablize the awareness of nothingness?

I know its possible. I did it by accident one time but I dont know how to do it. But it felt like the GREATEST FEELING i have ever felt. The nothingness was there and I was in it and it didnt change the thought/physicalbody realms, but I was so invulnerably delighted in my relationship to them. Felt so FREE!

How do I stabilize that part of my consciousness that is not body, not mind, but nothingness. I also had acces to pure awareness of pure awareness from there, which was profoundly blissful. But that was even more difficult, because my state of nothingness was not stable. I want to stabilize the state of no thought, unknowing, of empty spacious nothingness that I experienced to be the container of all thoughts, imaginary and physical bodily sensations. How do I get there? Anyone know how?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks.
Old 17-02-2023, 12:16 AM
Master

a better question might be, what is happening that prevents you from entering that state?
Old 17-02-2023, 12:41 AM
Well, first --I would not be reaching so high! Baby steps...first try simple things like relaxing and visualizing or thinking about
being on a beach with the wonderful ocean smells and waves and sunset and an umbrella drink in your hand...with a smile on your face.
Do that for 15 minutes and quiet your brainwaves...I say.

Most do not know the power of the imagination!
They often just stay in a funk as if they have no power.

Nothingness is a reach! Gee whiz.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2023, 01:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
a better question might be, what is happening that prevents you from entering that state?
Thought forms, visions, arise. They keep arising. Also bodily sensations. And I am back in mind and body awareness very quickly. How can I stabilize the awareness of nothing?
Old 17-02-2023, 01:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, first --I would...
....a reach! Gee whiz.
oh thanks. I didnt know it was such a big reach. It definitely feels like it yeah.

So when I stabilize thoughts. Because the mind is definitely there and active. I can feel the sand in my hands. But then when this mind awareness is stable. Then how do I then become aware of the container/space/nothingness that contains this mind realm of the sand in my hand.

Is it like the idea that there is really no sand? And try to rest into the nothingness that that sand and my hand is? Letting it fade away into nothingness?

Often if I do that, either I become aware of body again. Or if more succesful, nothingness remains but from nothingness endless new more subtle mind vibrations/forms arise. How can I stop that from happening? To remain pure in the nothingness as much and as consistently as possible.

Just go deeper into the conviction that all those mind visions and forms that arise are also nothing? Will that diminish them? I'm not sure what to do here. How to move forward.
Old 17-02-2023, 01:24 AM
Master
I am able to get to nothingness. But I just dont understand why endless varieties of mind/visions/forms/vibrations/emmenations arise from that nothingness. Bringing me back into mind. Drawing me back into mind. And then I focus on nothingness again.

Even after that, I still wonder, how to go from nothingness to pure awareness? Pure I am. I know I am also aware of the nothingness. But what/who is it that is actually aware? And I try to point my awareness to my own awareness and endless new thought forms arise again. New visions of things that I observe and I know I am not them, it's just more mind again.
Old 17-02-2023, 01:37 AM
Master
Simply stated, it is an aspect allowing, without offering resistance.

Who resists? Identity. Sans thought, identity recedes.

One way of abiding in awareness is to keep observing thoughts as they arise and subside, without interfering in the process. However, this has a flow in that the observed thought* (*which has a temporary life based on our past tendencies) knows it is being observed and so becomes elf-conscious and inhibited, losing its ‘spontaneity’, so to speak and goes into ‘hibernation’, ready to re-emerge later like the pesky mosquito which disturbs us at night.

Nevertheless, our choice to be aware of what thoughts arise, by the nonchalance of so witnessing, stops feeding the thought. The thought has no existence separate from us and so, in time then dies. It no longer is a part of our aura.
Old 17-02-2023, 01:51 AM
I'm no good on this thread...I absolutely do not have 'nothingness' as a goal in my life at all.
And I can sit for 6 hours in absolute stillness and silence...this is 50 years this yr.
(A stillness not many can imagine.
If that stillness is translated as nothingness---I dunno---but it fills up with plenty!)
So I will bow outta here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2023, 02:07 AM
Master
Don’t leave just yet, Miss H! We’re getting to the ‘meaty part’ soon if we equate nothingness with silence or emptiness, which is then filled by grace in fullness.
Old 17-02-2023, 03:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm no good on this thread...I...
... here.
now my goal. Just a way to realise pure awareness. but my experience is like you, a lot of things show up in that nothingness. So maybe its not possible. In which case, I am out of here aswell.