Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-03-2023, 03:56 PM
Knower

In a Nutshell

"The enquiry "Who am I" is the only method of putting an end to all the misery and ushering in supreme Beatitude.Whatever and however it may be said, this is the whole truth in a nutshell." ~ Sri Ramana Maharishi

The human mind/ego appearance fights the simplicity of asking and answering "Who am I" until it finally gives up looking for truth in thought, often because of seeking exhaustion.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:26 PM
Master

Ahhh I just love “In a nutshell” comments.

Well said Movingalways!
Old 05-03-2023, 04:47 PM
Master

journey in nutshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
"The enquiry "Who am I" is the only method of putting an end to all the misery and ushering in supreme Beatitude.Whatever and however it may be said, this is the whole truth in a nutshell." ~ Sri Ramana Maharishi

The human mind/ego appearance fights the simplicity of asking and answering "Who am I" until it finally gives up looking for truth in thought, often because of seeking exhaustion.

Very well said . Ego that separates us in in higher/lower superior / inferior will only exhaust one . Only the ego that can connect others without smoothly effortlessly easily does not exhaust and can put end to all misery and user in supreme beatitude and thereby can answer 'who am i"
Old 06-03-2023, 05:58 PM
Master

Quote:
it finally gives up looking for truth in thought,

I think it's funny in a way when we have trouble explaining something in words. To me, this shows putting things into words is a type of reduction of understanding and knowledge. Before thought, we know and understand. Thought is putting what we know or understand into symbols, letters, words, which are all mental symbolic forms used for communication of ideas. Language is really an amazing thing. All thought is, is language produced within. Talking in our heads. Thought also is a running commentary on our situation from moment to moment. A story about whatever is.
Old 06-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Ahhh I just love “In a nutshell” comments.

Makes life easier.

Wanna go to the store with me?

Answer #1. I have to wash my hair and I have no pants to wear maybe I can pull some out of my laundry basket and well my hair is a mess, really needs washing but then I will have to flat iron it.....

Answer #2. In a nutshell, no.
Old 07-03-2023, 03:36 AM
Master

EXACTLY!!!!!
Old 18-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Knower

Practicing abiding in the Unnamed that gives rise to all names causes clinging (suffering) to be dissolved.
Old 25-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Master
Here on social media all we have are words to communicate thoughts and feelings, but I remember what a guru told me many decades ago; he said “don’t get caught in the words I use, just get the gist of what I am trying to say.”

People do latch on to words as though the words they use are the things themselves, when what we call things are not actually those things at all. Language is a symbolic code. The word “what” is a box which we put things in. What is this and what is that, etc.

Words themselves are dualistic, one word can have many different meanings depending on the context. But to convey experience beyond the words we use, convey a presence that supports our expression, that is not about words. “Nutshells” are a summary of how we reduce things in our basic understanding.

Our understanding is what we stand under; it is the umbrella which we use to codify our existence, or anything else. We feel like that umbrella shields us from ignorance, but my perspective keeps changing as I have grown inside and outside, and there is no "nutshell." My umbrella changes, as well as does what I stand under. This is what it means to grow.
Old 25-04-2023, 08:45 PM
Master

Quote:
"The enquiry "Who am I" is the only method of putting an end to all the misery and ushering in supreme Beatitude. Whatever and however it may be said, this is the whole truth in a nutshell." ~ Sri Ramana Maharishi

Arthur Osborne lived with Ramana Maharshi from the mid-1940s and remained at the ashram after Ramana Maharshi's death. He described Self-enquiry as follows:

Self-enquiry is not analysis; ... It does not mean arguing or saying that I am not this or not that; it means concentrating on the pure sense of being, the pure I-am-ness of me. And this, one discovers, is the same as pure consciousness, pure, formless awareness.

So far is it from being a mental practice that the Maharshi told us not to concentrate on the head while doing it but on the heart. By this he did not mean the physical heart at the left side of the chest but the spiritual heart on the right. ... After a little practice it sets up a current of awareness that can actually be felt physically though far more than physical. ... Perhaps it could be said that this current of awareness is the 'answer' to the question 'Who am I?', since it is the wordless experience of I-ness.

Peace
Old 26-04-2023, 07:56 AM
Master

Quote:
finally gives up looking for truth in thought,

I was listening to a bunch of old Krishnamurti talks today on youtube. I like how he says to use thought when it is needed or necessary, otherwise be free of it. But yea sometimes we need it. But in other ways we sure don't and it creates a delusional identity I think.

This one was called "Can the brain be quiet"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UF4rJ62M54

I feel so close to discovering something. Maybe soon. Maybe in a million years lol. But I feel like I am close. It's like I can almost touch it but still can't seem to.