Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 04-01-2020, 09:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you is a powerful mantra
Old 05-09-2020, 08:56 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
I can give you a simple explanation, a simple exercise, if you wish:

Take an object (it does not matter what it is, for this example) in your right hand.

Stand up, and bring your arms in the Horizontal position. Stretch them so that you need to move your head to right, if you want to see the right hand, or to the left, if you want to see the left hand.

For this exercise, your head symbolizes your attention, your focus.

Now, while standing, arms stretched, look at the right hand, holding this (let us use a ) golden pencil.

Notice how, when being grateful, you are directing your attention to this pencil.

In the other hand, you hold nothing. But in your left hand is your gratefullness and happiness.

When you are grateful, you are directing your attention and expectation towards this pencil. But, what you really want to be, is, to be Happy.

So whenever you reach the place of the pencil, suddenly the opposite happens.

The explanation is simple: Things can not make you happy. They are a BONUS, and a welcome bonus, but they can not make you happy.

The opposite happens, because if you place your happiness on the THING, when the THING is suddenly GONE, then your happiness is GONE too.
So for what are you really grateful, if you look at it, in this way ?

it is a simple logic.

But look on your left hand, it holds nothing.

If you are Grateful, then you are happy. Your left hand is holding the Truth: Nothing can make you happy, but nothing can take away your happiness, as well.

(when i say "nothing can make you happy" i mean "you can be happy, having or having not things")

Gratitude for things is temporary, because it helps you to get out of a negative state.

But when you are in a negative state, it means that you are not happy. Gratitude, then, for an object, is only a crutch to help you get into the happy place.

Direct your Gratitude towards happiness.

Most excellent; thanks,

JL
Old 09-12-2022, 06:18 PM
Ascender

It takes a while for gratitude to become your default vibration and feeling (though not that long) but until then, you will still have some of the old complaining vibration in you. As you begin to change from complaint to gratitude, the old vibration will still be ‘active’ within you for a little while, and you will still attract some of the same things to complain about for a while.

But with practice and daily consistency, one overtakes the other. The analogy spiritual writer John Kehoe uses is like adding red dye drop by drop, to clear water. It goes from pale pink, to pink, to red, to dark scarlet with each drop, and changing your vibration is the same. With every positive gratitude thought, you gradually change from complaint, to grumpiness, to appreciation, to gratitude, to joy. And your experiences in reality will be very similar.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
It takes a while for gratitude to become your default vibration and feeling (though not that long) but until then, you will still have some of the old complaining vibration in you.

I agree.

I'd also like to add that it is better to love all things ( since love is the energy that attracts ) then simply call the things out that you want to experience ( wealth, come to me or twinflame come to me ).

I affirm a thing only once, then I leave it be and let the law of attraction sort the rest, kinda like placing a delivery for fastfood knowing the orders on its way.

utopiandreamchild
Old 10-12-2022, 04:14 AM
Knower

I guess the logical action is listing all the things you're ungrateful for, then the opposite will happen!
Old 03-02-2023, 06:56 PM
Knower

Dan_SF said it so well, I love that example.

And I too like to express gratitude for things I am not grateful for as ImthatIm said. An example of this could be - having to pay the bills. I am grateful I have the means to be able to pay them. Doing a job you don't like - I am grateful to be paid and supported while I figure out what I want to do next.

I have two other thoughts:

Another way to think about it is... when you felt grateful, what else were you feeling?

Sometimes we start gratitude journals not just to feel happiness... but to manifest something, or to keep something in our reality that we don't want to lose.

You may not know you are doing that, you think you are just feeling grateful to feel grateful. No other motive.

But when I realized what was going on and started feeling grateful in a more gentle way, the things I felt grateful for stayed and multiplied and improved instead of being taken from me.

When you feel gratitude you raise your vibration. So things that do not match your new vibration leave, and better things come.

So what you lost... you may end up getting something better in time :)
Old 22-03-2023, 10:18 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I agree.

I'd also like to add that it is better to love all things ( since love is the energy that attracts ) then simply call the things out that you want to experience ( wealth, come to me or twinflame come to me ).

utopiandreamchild

Yes this can definitely work as well. Try not to make the distinction between what you love and don’t love, just love them all. That way, love becomes your habitual vibration, and you start attracting more of the things you love. You don’t have that dichotomy in your energetic aura.
Old 18-04-2023, 08:57 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon84
I thought when we are grateful for the things, they will happen to increase and we will see more of them. But, today , I realise the opposite happens!

Gratitude is not for getting all that you want. It is more of a recognition of the gift of life and the varied gifts of life, not just an attitude for getting what you want and having more of what you want. If you are assuming a robe of gratefulness to get more of what you want from life, then two things will happen:

1. In the short run, you will be sorely disappointed.
2. In the long run not just your life but the perception of beauty in your life will be enhanced. The way you look at ordinary gifts, like the gift of a hug or a kind word will be greater.
Old 18-04-2023, 09:01 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Your beliefs, thoughts and emotions generate thought-forms that materialize likewise situations, not your words, nor your intentions.

Intention is subtle thought and therefore even more of a magnet for attracting things to yourself.