Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-05-2023, 08:48 PM
Seeker

Is it safe to touch an absorbing crystal/pendant left uncleansed for a while

Hi guys/gals. So I was just wondering this after I recently handled an evil eye pendant that taped behind my door that I haven't cleansed in about three months. Now I'm not the type to get easily paranoid but it just hit me. Could people who handle absorbing crystals or pendants, like tournaline or the evil eye pendant, accidentally absorb the negative energy it has in them just by touching it?. Would I need to necessarily cleanse my hands extensively afterwards?
Old 23-05-2023, 07:47 AM
Experiencer
some people will tell you yes, some people will tell you no. i would say follow your instincts, but that won't matter even for both categories of people. sometimes i believe our own beliefs and mental will and shields are more powerful than most energies, that is if we believe for sure to be so. it's said that one of the best defenses against magick is to actually not believe in it; surely this can be contested easily and there's plenty of anecdotes. a friend of mine has a black obsidian in his living room he never cleansed in years, and he is doing good and seemed to have his life change for the better just according to what a black obsidian would do. then again, i know someone who touched a crystal of someone else and that someone else became paranoid that it ruined the energy and now it will drain the other person's problems. which is interesting because the latter becomes true through autosuggestion. even if there is a grain of truth, we are not made out of paper, just like we get some minor bruises, sore muscles, we can easily get back on our feet with a nice shower and a restful sleep.

>Could people who handle absorbing crystals or pendants, like tournaline or the evil eye pendant, accidentally absorb the negative energy it has in them just by touching it?

People are so afraid of negativity that they attract it even more without realizing. Hot and Cold are part of the same thermometer, luck and misfortune are 2 sides of the same coin, positivity and negativity, good and evil etc these are dualities, but in the end, they all are part of the same thing.

When you work with a black obsidian, initially you might feel quickly how your negative energy left you, but then you start feeling it more. Sure, people running from their feelings do not realize this only strengthens them further, and so they remove the crystal because 'it doesn't feel good'. But the obsidian in this case, begins to show you through the use of negative emotion exactly what the problem is, often times is not pleasant to hear what we do not wish, but sometimes we are so deep into our problems and life we don't even know what's bothering us at the moment. And so, with patience, you begin to see clearly what is happening, and the negativity felt becomes less, not necessarily because you get used to it, but because you understand your pain and how is formed and you take action to solve it and if you can't do that, at least you can use the insights you obtain and work to fix them with different crystals. Though if you'd choose to continue with a black obsidian, there will be a time when negativity won't be demonized, instead it will be just like a thermometer that warns you when is a bit too cold/hot and you know what to do. And so, even if you absorb any negative energy, at the very least as long as your current vibrational state is of a different frequency, it will simply not match and glide off you like fats from soap dishwasher.

>Would I need to necessarily cleanse my hands extensively afterwards?

If you wish to do so you can do it. But keep in mind what you are also cultivating in the same time by doing this practice. You are not as weak as you think.
Old 23-05-2023, 03:06 PM
Master
Can an Evil Eye pendant absorb 'negativity'?

I would say "No."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-05-2023, 05:49 AM
crystaladdict99

Everyone's beliefs are different, but I believe you should be fine.
Old 31-05-2023, 05:57 AM
Master

As with any new crystal it's best I feel to cleanse them before use. This eliminates any handling along the way from many sources . These sources may not be negative, but you want the crystal to absorb your energy for your highest intention and be as "clean " as possible .
Then you can fill it will your own energy and mantra.
Once that is done energising is probably needed more periodically by sunlight or moonlight ( full moon) perhaps on a monthly basis.
Old 31-05-2023, 01:27 PM
Master
Good advice.

Being evil eyes are generally made of glass, cleaning and charging her should be easy.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-05-2023, 02:10 PM
Master
Personally I don't like touching things that hold a strong negative energy or depict something very negative.
I'm very sensitive and for some reason (unfortunately) also take these things on in my own energy system which I don't particularly like.
But it's also simply not inviting to touch such an item when you intuitively sense negative energy. Kind of like you wouldn't (like to) pick up a rotting mushy tomato or a moldy green piece of cheese with your bare hands.

As for having an item up in your home to hold up energies, I don't see that as the same thing.
Unless you live on a portal to the underworld or something.
I always wonder what people think is whizzing round in their own homes since everyone here seems convinced that evil is all around them.
Generally speaking the only negativity in a home is what comes of the people that live there. And that's not evil. Think being grumpy, tired, stressed, ill, arguments with others in the house or over the phone etc. That's the usual kind of negativity that you find in a home.
So generally speaking there's no reason to worry about holding an item that you have up to keep the energy high(er).

Whether the item you mention even does that is another question. I don't believe it does meaning it wouldn't work for me. If you believe it does, it will work to some extent for you.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about it. And to be honest I doubt there's even much cleansing needed, but that's me.
If you do feel there's been a lot of negativity in your home (arguments & conflict, illness, stress and the like) I'd smudge the place with white sage and Bob's your uncle.