Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 03-05-2014, 11:58 PM
NightPrincess

Yes they know.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen
I have never seen or had a dog like him before. We got him when he was 2 years old. He was a rescue and I picked him out! But that's okay my husband adores him.

linen
I'm sorry your husband's dog doesn't seem to like you. Do think because he was a rescue when he was puppy maybe his previous owner was a female and mistreated him maybe. ? I think you can still win him over if you wanted to animals can be forgiving.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante1709
I'm not quite sure ; sex and gender are both very complicated things. Gender identity is what someone identifies as ; their gender expression, their qualities, who they associate with, and their preferred pronouns. Gender includes man, woman, and a large umbrella of genderqueer identities. Animals can observe the "typical" behaviours of gender within the binary, but genderqueer individuals aren't likely to be identified by animals.

Sex is biological sex..it's determined by your genitalia,my our reproductive system and your chromosomes and maybe hormones. However, some people are both with ambiguous genitalia resulting in a term called "intersex". It's very possible to have male genitalia, but female chromosomes, or female genitalia with male organs inside. You might even have the wrong sex ; unless you've gotten chromosome tests, it's impossible to know. Sex is a very complicated thing, but I feel as if animals can distinguish between the main sexes using pheromones.

Sorry for getting all technical ; I just think gender and sex are too commonly interchanged, and many people aren't aware of how complicated they both are.

Dante1709
Do you think that Animals tell can using Pheromones ?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
linen
I'm sorry your husband's dog doesn't seem to like you. Do think because he was a rescue when he was puppy maybe his previous owner was a female and mistreated him maybe. ? I think you can still win him over if you wanted to animals can be forgiving.

All due respect but he was a man's dog before we got him and his rudeness and expectations (male chauvinistic) can take a hike. He adores my husband and every man who enters our property and I and he are just fine with that.

Thank you for your thoughts, just felt I had to clarify
Old 04-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Dante1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
Dante1709
Do you think that Animals tell can using Pheromones ?
Yes, various studies have shown that animals (and sometimes humans) are capable of smelling pheromones to decipher one's sex. Animals (snakes and mammals in particular) can also smell the scent of menstruation, which can also distinguish between the biological sexes.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante1709
Yes, various studies have shown that animals (and sometimes humans) are capable of smelling pheromones to decipher one's sex. Animals (snakes and mammals in particular) can also smell the scent of menstruation, which can also distinguish between the biological sexes.

I knew the part about how animals can sense when a women is on her menstrual cycle . I find it very weird and it seems they act calmer or go crazy around you. My Mother's friend was the one who actually told me this she said she grew up on a farm and the horses would start neighing whenever she would enter the barn stable. She would wonder why they would act that way and her father was like well they know when your,... you know time of the month is. I just find it creepy I like animals in general and they can tell if people are animal people. but I wish I was a guy because they don't have this problem.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
All due respect but he was a man's dog before we got him and his rudeness and expectations (male chauvinistic) can take a hike. He adores my husband and every man who enters our property and I and he are just fine with that.

Thank you for your thoughts, just felt I had to clarify

Okay that's interesting. I grew up with both male and female rottweilers both were brother and sister named Bone and Ebony . They liked me and when I was a toddler I used to ride on either of their backs like a horse . I hope the dog is nice at least to little babies or kids of both genders. I never encountered a sexiest animal before .