Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 27-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Knower

[B] hearing voices as i am falling asleep [/B]

I just want to say that I don't have any mental problems for those who think I am hearing voices because I am going crazy

I am unsure when this started happening but lately I've noticed that I can hear voices right as I am nodding off into sleep. Like I stated previously, I've only began to notice these voices lately and I became very curious. This occurs extremely easily for me, whenever I stay up until like 4-5 am in the morning, I can just lay down in bed and within a minute, I can start hearing the voices (I don't hear the voices unless if I am not extremely sleepy). I even forced myself to stay awake a little longer a few times just to see if I can make any sense of what these voices are. It could be random words or whole sentences. Sometimes the sentences would make sense but other times, it would sound like a bunch of jumbled words such as "sally car take hi" (poor example). When I wake up in the morning, I would forget what I heard but I would remember it happening. The voices sound female but I am unsure if it is the same voice or different voices. I am just wondering if anyone know what is going on. Many thanks :)
Old 27-12-2012, 01:30 AM
angel62

weimin3169 i get this too, your not going crazy and yes they are random words i would also put a white light protection around your self at bed time
some times when we start on our journey with spirit they see our light burning brightly and come and talk or just say words as they pass and we hear it
if you want to talk just mesassge me if you need any more help
blessings angel
Old 27-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Knower

Ive searched around the net and i found a few posts related to this. There was a post sayinng that this is symptoms to something called auditory hypnagogic. Another post said that it was our brains tuning into different frequencies such as those of tv and radio broadcasts. there is also a post that said this is related to clairaudience (no idea what this is yet but i plan on finding out)
Old 27-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimin3196
I just want to say that I don't have any mental problems for those who think I am hearing voices because I am going crazy

I am unsure when this started happening but lately I've noticed that I can hear voices right as I am nodding off into sleep. Like I stated previously, I've only began to notice these voices lately and I became very curious. This occurs extremely easily for me, whenever I stay up until like 4-5 am in the morning, I can just lay down in bed and within a minute, I can start hearing the voices (I don't hear the voices unless if I am not extremely sleepy). I even forced myself to stay awake a little longer a few times just to see if I can make any sense of what these voices are. It could be random words or whole sentences. Sometimes the sentences would make sense but other times, it would sound like a bunch of jumbled words such as "sally car take hi" (poor example). When I wake up in the morning, I would forget what I heard but I would remember it happening. The voices sound female but I am unsure if it is the same voice or different voices. I am just wondering if anyone know what is going on. Many thanks :)

You are probably tuning into spirit. You are in that falling asleep stage where some people see visions, others hear voices and yet others hear music....
Old 27-12-2012, 05:04 PM
faith83

This has happened to me a few times in the exact same way. Usually what I hear are responses to question or thoughts that I was thinking as I start to doze off. After some research I found that is was a sign that you may be Clairaudient. I personally believe that it's my spirit guides helping me. It never scared me because my mother is a medium and see spirits all the time. Basically, I've grown up aware of the spiritual world. And honestly i rather hear them than see them lol. My mother actually had the nerve to tell me that the voices would scare her lol
I've come to look forward to them because it's always helpful messages
Old 27-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Master

This has happened to me a handful of times. The messages were anything but random though, and made me do things that either saved lived or made me aware that lives were in danger. Trust me, whenever I get a message now I don't waste any time on doubting if they are real or not. One such sentence once was "Stay home today and talk with XXXXX or she will die." I did, and XXXXX did live - and I was informed later that it was the only reason she hadnt committed suicide that day.

The reason we get these messages while falling asleep or while waking up is that our brain waves/vibrations/speed is the right one just then; slow enough for messages to come through and fast enough for them to register in our consciousness. I think it is called theta waves.
Old 27-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Knower

After consulting with angel62 yesterday, i desperately tried to hear the voices as I fell asleep. I didn't hear many words, the words I heard were few and fuzzy sounding while the other noises I heard were just sounds. Maybe I'll try a more relaxed approach tonight and see what happens
Old 29-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Master

There is nothing unusual when you hear voices while you are falling asleep. If you were wide awake and you heard voices that would be different.
Old 29-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Suspended
As astralsuzy says, it's not unusual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia#Sounds
Old 29-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Master
well, maybe you're a latent telepath and your abilities are being activated. pre-wake and pre-sleep is when you're aware but your protective ego devises are not engaged.