Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Red Sky

Weird Experience During Meditation

I had a somewhat strange experience while meditating this morning. Suddenly I saw four faces all in sequence just appear in my mind like I was watching a slide show. First there was a man that appeared to be gagged or had bandages on his face, second there was an image of a man that appeared to be dressed as a military fighter pilot from perhaps the forties or fifties, then there was a beared man wearing a black hat who looked like he may have been from the late 1800's, followed by a woman with dark hair pulled back into an upsweep from perhaps somewhere around the same period, maybe a little earlier. The images just appeared one by one and then I saw an area that looked like a mountainous region with a dark sky that looked like it was either nighttime or a storm was approaching. It was really weird because I've not experienced anything like this before. I'm fairly new to meditation and usually have trouble concentrating since I can't seem to quiet my mind. If anyone could shed any light on this experience I'd appreciate it since I'm quite puzzled by it. Thanks.
Old 17-03-2006, 08:27 PM
silver swan

Hi Red Sky. How did you feel when you got this ? Did you ask for a name? Sometimes I see people in meds and do not find out who they are. You have obviously picked up spirit. Talk to people in your family as someone may recognise one of them.
Good luck. let us know if you find out.
x
Old 17-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Red Sky

Hi silver swan,

I really didn't feel anything. I was calm throughout the experience. It was just if I was seeing them pass by. None of them rang a bell and I have no idea who they may have been. I will see what I can find out or if I have the experience again.
Old 18-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Mart

Sounds like a nice meditation.

I have had similar experiences doing shaman journeys where you point your intention to mother earth or father sky for messages from guides, i found that by registering what had happened but not thinking about it opened me up to a revelation that explained the first thing later on. Ask yourself what were the main things you remeber or felt from the visions and then keep your eyes open to the world around you and you often see signs that help you to make sense of the original vision. Its almost as if the more you trust that what you have experienced will be explained the sooner it is explained. A bit like trying to remember a word thats on the tip of your tongue, if you think too much it gets pushed away, but if you stop thinking it comes to you.
Old 19-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Red Sky

Thanks for your thoughts on this Mart. I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm sure the answers will come too. I'm just going to see if it happens again or if I get any insight into its meaning.
Closed Thread