Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 29-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Deactivated Account

What's your preference ?

When doing a reading with Angel or Oracle cards , what's your preference ?

Do you choose a 3 card, 5 card spread or choose cards randomly from the deck ?

And if you choose cards randomly from the deck, what is your method ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-08-2011, 01:21 AM
raradolly

I've never used Angel or Oracle cards, so I can't voice a preference there.
Often I design my own spreads for any given situation, if I can't decide I use a 3 card spread or the Celtic Cross.

I do choose cards randomly from the deck when I put the cards down. I shuffle several times while I focus on my question or my subject's question, and I spread the deck out in front of me when I feel ready.
I focus on each area of the question as it applies to each place in my spread, for a 3 card spread that's the past, present, and future as it applies to my question. I hover with my hand over the cards and when I feel I've found the one I need for that position, I pick it up and lay it down.
This method generally works well for me for accurateness of readings, but I have to be in a mood where I can concentrate.
I also sometimes only use the Major Arcana or only use the Minor Arcana, depending on what the issue or question is.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Deactivated Account

hi raradolly,

If you don't use the Angel or Oracle cards, you must be using the Tarot ? Thanks for sharing the diagram of the Celtic Cross. Wow, that one explains just about anything one wants to know ! I am not familiar with Tarot.

I like to choose my cards randomly from the deck. I shuffle the deck 3 times, then I shuffle once more with the question in my mind. Whichever card " jumps " out of the deck or sticks out of the deck, are the ones I go with.

One time a whole bunch of cards, " jumped " out of the deck ! I thought " oh my ! do I need that much guidance ? " but then someone told me that was just cards falling on the floor. If more than one or two jumps out, it isn't for real .

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 AM
nightowl

Hey Dream Angel,

I don't use angel cards but my sister does, I will be happy to share with you how she works with them. She doesn't do spreads per se she does pulls...it is usually the top three and then the bottom card, 4 is her number and she was lead to do this when she first started using them. She also quite often has a card, 'jump' out of the deck when she is shuffling them and they are always of significance to her.

nightowl
Old 04-08-2011, 04:18 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
I use both angel cards and tarot - with the angel cards, I usually just shuffle until my intuition tells me to stop, then read the top card - usually I use the angel cards just for myself, so one card is enough. With the tarot I use a three card spread from the top (after shuffling, with the question in mind) then pull one random card from the middle of the deck.
With both decks, if any "jump" out while shuffling, I will include them in the reading.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Scorpio

I always have questions or directions or how am i doing what do i need to be doing sort of questions then i ask my guide to pick the right cards for me which i wave my hand over slowly and pick what i feel they want me to pick... And most the time i get the right answers that help
Old 06-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Deactivated Account

Always interesting reading about all the different ways to choose cards for a reading. Thank you for sharing !

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Master
I always tend to do a 3 card spread when using my angel cards, unless i hear a specific number then i will draw that amount of cards out of the deck.

Love Golden Angel ;)x
Old 15-09-2011, 10:53 PM
sunwolf411

I use Native American Medicine Cards. I shuffle them several times, spread them like a hand of cards, and pick one my fingers are "attracted" to. I don't read for others, but the same spreads apply to Medicine
cards and Tarot
Old 15-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account

hi sunwolf, interesting deck of cards you have, Native American Medicine Cards. What is a Medicine card ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !