Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Milky

Headaches

Hello, this is my first time on here and I am impressed what I have seen already.

However, I do have a problem in that I am getting sickly headaches after meditating, last week these were in my 3rd eye area , yesterday on my crown, can anyone please tell me if this is normal or am I doing something wrong??
Many Thanks in anticipation
Old 25-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Suspended
Hiya Milky

Have you noticed what your forehead is doing during meditation?

I only ask because it's taken me years to relax my forehead. I don't meditate as such, but during relaxation periods, my forehead is the last to relax. I find it frowning so often and regularly have to give it my attention.

If you are like me and find yourself frowning (normally in concentration), this might be giving you headache.
Old 25-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Lunacie

This can also happen when you begin focusing on the third eye or the crown chakras. Do a google for information on balancing your chakras and give that a try.

It could also be that you're spending too long on your meditation without building up your meditation "muscles" and like any muscle when you first begin a new exercise with it, it's going to be sore if you go to fast or too hard or spend too long on it.
Old 25-05-2011, 08:40 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky
However, I do have a problem in that I am getting sickly headaches after meditating, last week these were in my 3rd eye area , yesterday on my crown, can anyone please tell me if this is normal or am I doing something wrong??

Actually, it seems like you are "waking up" those areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I only ask because it's taken me years to relax my forehead. I don't meditate as such, but during relaxation periods, my forehead is the last to relax. I find it frowning so often and regularly have to give it my attention.

Like your issue with your forehead, my eyes are sometimes very hard to relax. This causes a headache sometimes.
Old 25-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
My eyes are sometimes very hard to relax. This causes a headache sometimes.

I've used an eye-mask for years - solves the problem of eyes wanting to naturally open.

Old 26-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Milky

Wow Thank You very much. My Chakras are balanced and I did wonder if it was due to concentrating too much, I must admit that I am doing more meditation than ever than before so I will take more note of my head when I next meditate.

Thank You

Love and Light x
Old 26-05-2011, 05:37 AM
Soul Mentor

Hey,

You can also be in a need of clearing your chakras more.....May be there is clogging of energy around your crwon and ajna (3rd eye) as they can't move freely down to your other chakras.......

I think a healing session might help.......

Anything you wanna know more, please ask......

Much Luv & Light.....
SM
Old 26-05-2011, 05:39 AM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I've used an eye-mask for years - solves the problem of eyes wanting to naturally open.

Thanks!

_/\_
Old 26-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Deactivated Account

I find that with my eyes close they try to focus too close in front of me and it leaves me with aches.
Old 26-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Suspended
Hi Athymari

I know what you mean.

What I've learned to do is to slowly lower my inner eyes...if that makes sense. Just like the physical eyes need to close, I imagine my inner eyes slowly closing too. When it works I'm no longer focusing on any one thing but am still able to see the whole picture. It's very relaxing.

It's kind of like when your eyes go slightly cross-eyed when you're really tired and you're not looking at anything, but everything can still be seen.

*gulp* does that make sense?

Squatch