Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 15-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Sungirl

quetion for practicing crystal healers

Hi

I have been looking through my stone friends and I realise that there are quite a few there that I have forgotten the names of.

I select stones by dowsing and trust that the ones that come up are the perfect ones for the task at hand. Do I need to know what their names are?

I tend to record what stones come up where on the clients records, but I don't tend to look back on them.

The OCD in me wants to know and I am really cross that I have forgotten the names.. but I wonder whether I need to know for me to work.

What do you think?
Old 15-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Medium_Laura

You can easily find charts on google, while the names aren't significant, what they do is. You don't want to put a root stone on your 3rd eye, etc.

http://crystal-cure.com/gemstones.html
Old 15-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
I select stones by dowsing and trust that the ones that come up are the perfect ones for the task at hand. Do I need to know what their names are?

That's an excellent way of doing it. And no, the names aren't necessary.

Books that contain lists of what stones are for what chakra and for what affect are to be taken as a guide, not a definitive decision. What your spirit tells you through your dowsing is a much better indicator.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Sungirl

Medium Laura.. the way I was trained there are no "root stones"; there are stones that are multidimensional that can work in many ways and all are right for all chakras under specific circumstances.

Triner... I don't look at charts. Sometimes I may look up in a book after I have dowsed to see why that stone may have come up. But I choose purely using my intuition... no mind, no ego, just 3 spirits communicating (the client, me and the stone spirit) to co-create healing.
Old 15-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Ascender
Thumbs up

Quote:
Triner... I don't look at charts.

That's cool. Books and charts are a good place to start to give oneself a reference IF one feels that they need or want it. I really like your way though!
Old 15-05-2011, 08:33 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Medium Laura.. the way I was trained there are no "root stones"; there are stones that are multidimensional that can work in many ways and all are right for all chakras under specific circumstances.

Triner... I don't look at charts. Sometimes I may look up in a book after I have dowsed to see why that stone may have come up. But I choose purely using my intuition... no mind, no ego, just 3 spirits communicating (the client, me and the stone spirit) to co-create healing.

I agree books and charts can be a good place to start but they can also, stunt your growth if you become dependent on them. Being lead by the Spirit in my opinion is the best way to approach individual spiritual paths. What works or vibrates for one may be totally different for another depending on the frequencies involved. Sounds to me that you are doing just fine...

nightowl
Old 16-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Sungirl

I wouldn't even start with books tbh, I would start by learning to dowse and go from there. My tutor never taught us to learn what crystals do what, she taught us from day one to trust out intuition.

But this doesn't answer my question... do i need to know what these stones are?

What records do people keep?