Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-04-2019, 06:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Need your advice; with or without meditation music?

Hi everyone!

I just want to know if listening to calm music while practicing meditation, has a big impact on improving and promoting relaxation, healing and calming your mind and body, which is also great in reducing stressed and anxiety. Some told me that it is best to practice without music, while some meditators adviced me to used meditation music. They gave me some sample of meditation music like anikiko-healing music, Sounds of transformation and sounds of receiving from music-nutrition. Actually, these are great music for meditation it helps you in finding inner peace and relaxation. But as a beginner in meditation, your advices are matters to me a lot.

Thank you!
Old 01-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Master

Hi Antje,

Whatever works for you, every person is different.

I personally prefer silence, but meditation music also has its advantages, especially in a noisy environment. Also, listening to mantras or chanting yourself is definitely helpful in tuning yourself to the right frequency.

The most important thing is to have the right mindset and be free of distractions. A quiet natural environment is probably best, but that is not always available to most people, so creating a similar mood artificially, through music and relaxing sounds can be an adequate substitute.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antje
Hi everyone!

I just want to know if listening to calm music while practicing meditation, has a big impact on improving and promoting relaxation, healing and calming your mind and body, which is also great in reducing stressed and anxiety. Some told me that it is best to practice without music, while some meditators adviced me to used meditation music. They gave me some sample of meditation music like anikiko-healing music, Sounds of transformation and sounds of receiving from music-nutrition. Actually, these are great music for meditation it helps you in finding inner peace and relaxation. But as a beginner in meditation, your advices are matters to me a lot.

Thank you!

I wouldn't use music
Old 08-04-2019, 05:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for the response guys.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:55 PM
Knower

I like using music, but it definitely has to be the right kind.

I think it's a matter of what you train your mind to do based on personal preference. I don't think it inherently adds or detracts in and of itself.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:31 PM
janielee

Meditation to me should be no-frills so I'm with Gem on this one
Old 14-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Well myself, I tend to keep music and any other noise that could disturb me as far away as I can
Old 18-04-2019, 06:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Nobody cant give you a right answer but yourself.
How can anyone know whats best for you and most comfortable?
Follow your feelings and intuition.
Old 18-04-2019, 06:38 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antje
I just want to know if listening to calm music while practicing meditation, has a big impact on improving and promoting relaxation, healing and calming your mind and body, which is also great in reducing stressed and anxiety.
Some told me that it is best to practice without music, while some meditators adviced me to use meditation music.

Hi, This is my take:
It depends on what you want or what your goals, expectations and intentions are regarding meditation, my friend!
Do you want to relax? Great...listen to music.
You want to listen to music? Great ...listen to music.

Now, if you have a tuff x relaxing and getting into a
long session of meditation because of your tuff day...listen to music first
to get into a zone.

After that, relax into that which is within..that is not your thoughts...follow the technique you prefer....
if it isn't working try something else.
You must love something enough that it holds your attention and you don't want to get UP! Ha!

Meditation is done in silence and stillness (of the mind, too!)
Best wishes on your Inner Journey with your senses not engaged.

And then, as with asking for a dentist or mechanic or advice on how to meditate ask an exp'd old hand at it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Newbie ;)

i reccomend complete silence. You can listen to your heart beat. follow each inhale. And practice your personal mantra. the point of exercising meditation is to relax. Having no thoughts whatsoever and keep awake with full complete awareness of everything you sense. practice this and then you can begin using your thoughts again to develop yourself and learn easier.