Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 09-03-2011, 04:28 PM
windwhistle

Bach Flower Remedies

I was dxed with Bipolar II and anxiety over 10 years ago. I have been on and off meds. I try different combos of pharaceuticals such as an anti-depressant with a mood stabilizer. It works for about 6 months and then stops. I am tired of it. I want to ry something new. It is very hard on me to go through the drug withdrawals and start-up side effects of new meds.

I had a dream about using natural herbs from the earth for healing. I have thought a lot about having flowers in my house. I decided to try Bach's Flower Therapy. Everyone I talk to says I should tell my doctor what I am doing as I want to come off my meds. I will call him today, though I'd rather not.

I wonder if the flower therapy will work on a person who is used to 'hard' psychiatric drugs. Am I still sensitive and gentle enough in my body to benefit from it? I hope so.

It is hard for me to stay true to my inner voice when the world laughs at me for using flowers instead of pills. I am scared and unsure of what to do. I feel like I'm ready to shatter. I'm upset my old meds aren't working and I'm tired of it all. I'm sick of Bipolar and don't want to 'have' it. I'm afraid I'm going to crack. I don't know how I'm going to make it at work today but I do better at work than at home.

scared.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I was dxed with Bipolar II and anxiety over 10 years ago. I have been on and off meds. I try different combos of pharaceuticals such as an anti-depressant with a mood stabilizer. It works for about 6 months and then stops. I am tired of it. I want to ry something new. It is very hard on me to go through the drug withdrawals and start-up side effects of new meds.

I had a dream about using natural herbs from the earth for healing. I have thought a lot about having flowers in my house. I decided to try Bach's Flower Therapy. Everyone I talk to says I should tell my doctor what I am doing as I want to come off my meds. I will call him today, though I'd rather not.

I wonder if the flower therapy will work on a person who is used to 'hard' psychiatric drugs. Am I still sensitive and gentle enough in my body to benefit from it? I hope so.

It is hard for me to stay true to my inner voice when the world laughs at me for using flowers instead of pills. I am scared and unsure of what to do. I feel like I'm ready to shatter. I'm upset my old meds aren't working and I'm tired of it all. I'm sick of Bipolar and don't want to 'have' it. I'm afraid I'm going to crack. I don't know how I'm going to make it at work today but I do better at work than at home.

scared.

I think of dreams as messages from the Higher Self, so I would pay heed to the advice given in same

Bach Flower Remedies work in a subtle and profound way. I would suggest you seek out an experienced and skilled practitioner to determine your core remedy and get you on that post haste. It can take months for the remedy to do its work, but there should be no adverse effects. It might not be the answer for your particular condition, but it certainly can't hurt! You might get on simple Bach Flower Rescue Remedy straight away on your own. You can buy that at any Health Food Store, and it is even available in alcohol-free orange flavored pastilles you suck on if you don't want the alcohol the liquid is preserved in.

Best wishes to you, and know this... you are not alone! There are many caring people and practitioners in the holistic healing field.. you simply have to hook up with the right one! I would suspect homeopathy would also be of great assistance to you, and I can recommend a good homeopathist if you like. Simply PM me with your request, and I will send their contact information.

Stay strong! You can get through this!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:26 PM
windwhistle

Thank you Lightfilledheart. I have looked up Bach Flower Practitioners in my area and there was one. I called him and the number was out of order. I spent all morning yesterday figuring out which emotional state I was in and the appropriate flower cure. I selected elm, aspen and sclerethes. I did buy the rapid relief bottle and tried it yesterday. It barely worked. I tried it 4 times. Finally this morning I broke down and took an anxiety med.

I am determined to listen to my higher self but my brain is so clogged with junk thoughts right now. I can barely sift through the sludge to get to the light. After work, I will meditate. I am not so great at it but am able to channel messages from my higher self. It works better than tarot which seems to be confusing me a lot as I am asking too many questions.

I am really scared of work today and I have to work the next 4-5 days straight. I don't feel like I'm in my body but in a dream. I am not driving the car well. I feel like I am floating. Am I getting ready to die?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:40 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Thank you Lightfilledheart. I have looked up Bach Flower Practitioners in my area and there was one. I called him and the number was out of order. I spent all morning yesterday figuring out which emotional state I was in and the appropriate flower cure. I selected elm, aspen and sclerethes. I did buy the rapid relief bottle and tried it yesterday. It barely worked. I tried it 4 times. Finally this morning I broke down and took an anxiety med.

I am determined to listen to my higher self but my brain is so clogged with junk thoughts right now. I can barely sift through the sludge to get to the light. After work, I will meditate. I am not so great at it but am able to channel messages from my higher self. It works better than tarot which seems to be confusing me a lot as I am asking too many questions.

I am really scared of work today and I have to work the next 4-5 days straight. I don't feel like I'm in my body but in a dream. I am not driving the car well. I feel like I am floating. Am I getting ready to die?

as a fellow bipolar, you concern me quite a bit. you aren't going cold turkey off your meds are you? i hope not after 10 years. you understand that could trigger anything? i have been on Lithium for two and a half years and was diagnosed with GAD 8 years ago and been on anxiety meds since then. you can't just let those go or you'll be a nervous wreck. your brain sounds like mine when I have been triggered by something, i get severely agitated (i black out sometimes when get that way) and when i flip to the depression, my head is so heavy i can't lift it off the pillow let alone try and think.
anyway, i would hope you would be able to stay on your meds while introducing the new ones into your system, thus weaning off and taking on especially so you can monitor how you are feeling. do you have a chart for the mood swings? that might be helpful for you to see how it's all working out. and call your doctor.

no you're not gonna die either, but it's not a fun ride and i'd trade it in any day for something else.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM
iolite

Have you tried OTC Lithium orotate or aspartate? I've read it is quite helpful for bi-polar folks and doesn't have the nasty side effects that rx lithium carbonite has. You also might want to look into iodine supplementation, there have been links shown between thyroid dysfunction and bipolar and even schizopherenia. http://www.iodine4health.com is a good place to start and for hypothyroidism: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com is stellar.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:18 PM
earthprowler

huh..... well what do you know about that. but can you get them in the stores?? on line it would cost me a mint for the amount i take in lithobid.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:37 AM
iolite

Lithium orotate and lithium aspartate is found online and the dose is considerably lower than lithium carbonate -- only 20mg or less. But you'd have to try it to see if it works for you. You can google lithium orotate and bipolar to find forums where folks have used it instead of lithium carbonate.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:34 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Lithium orotate and lithium aspartate is found online and the dose is considerably lower than lithium carbonate -- only 20mg or less. But you'd have to try it to see if it works for you. You can google lithium orotate and bipolar to find forums where folks have used it instead of lithium carbonate.

i take 1200 mg of my lithium a day to control the aggression. that's a little steep from what i saw.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Master
Hi windwhistle,

When taking the Bach Flower Remedies it is best to stay on your other medication at the same time. The flower remedies and conventional medicine won't interact. They can work together.

I think your choice of remedies is suitable for your condition. Keep taking your meds and try the flower remedies as well. Together they should help you.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:

As I mentioned before, Bach Flower Remedies work subltely in the energy field. They don't hit you over the head, and relief from high anxiety is not likely to occur immediately. You would likely have to take the remedy for awhile before achieving relief. As to prescribing for yourself, that's a slippery slope. We are often not able to bring a completely objective eye to our own thoughts and feelings, and that's why an experienced practitioner is valuable. Be advised that they can work long distance via phone, so you don't necessarily need someone in your own area. Try checking online for practitioners nationwide.

I think it's wonderful that you are making such a concerted effort! You are to be commended for that. And don't feel badly about having had to take you anti-anxiety medication. Those medications are extremely habit forming and addictive, and I can tell you from personal experience the withdrawal feels almost identical to the original symptoms...! I managed to wean myself off Klonopin, but it was a long and extremely difficult process. I am not totally free of that medication and taking a homeopathic remedy for grief, which, as it turns out, was at the base of all my other symptomology.

I can't say for sure, but I don't get that you are getting ready to transition. You are just in the throws of a mental and emotional condition that has physical components. I feel strongly in my heart that a good Bach practitioner (and/or a good homeopath!) would be able to help you, but again,the help will not be instananeous. It's hard to be patient when you are suffering from a condition such as yours, but sometimes that's all there is for it. I will continue to pray for relief for you and to ask that you be guided to the perfect right practitioners to help you achieve it. I am also asking that you be surrounded in protective light as you move through your work day and when you drive your car... in fact, at all times! God bless you!