Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Experiencer
Peppermint oil.

I don't know much about aromatherapy, or if this post is even fitting for this thread or not but...

I have found peppermint oil to be very helpful to me. I find it to be the same with peppermint tea. I find that is clears my head, wakes me up, and helps me to be focused. It helps me to remove blockages and "see" much more clearly in regards to readings.

I used to have a small bottle of peppermint oil that I would carry with me, and sniff occassionally hahaha. I know that seems very strange, and I'm sure people were wondering what the heck I was up to, but I loved it. In the time that I was doing this I was "seeing" things much more clearly in everyday life, picking up on much more that I was used to.

So yeah, peppermint... haha

-TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Leah85

Thank you for sharing. I love peppermint flavour and fragrance, so it might be a nice shot for me

Have you had any experience with an essence that helps you find deeper relaxation and easy sleep? Let me know, if you do. And yeah, peppermint is just great on everything. Bath lotion, ice cream, chocolate...

Last edited by Leah85 : 07-10-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:44 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
Thank you for sharing. I love peppermint flavour and fragrance, so it might be a nice shot for me

Have you had any experience with an essence that helps you find deeper relaxation and easy sleep? Let me know, if you do. And yeah, peppermint is just great on everything. Bath lotion, ice cream, chocolate...

Lavender Oil is a great relaxer and will help you sleep. you can add a couple of drops to a bath or add a few drops to a spray bottle of water and spray your bedding, even the whole house for a relaxing atmosphere.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Leah85

Thank you! I take the chance to ask you what lemon essence is used for, since I was offered a little bottle. Are incense sticks as effective as oils, or it depends on the purpose I am using them for? I appreciate.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Jules

roughly 8-10 drops of pure lavender oil & 2-3 drops of peppermint oil (no more as it can give 'freezer burn') onto a tissue, rubbed on the temples and forehead helps relieve headaches.
Camomile in a tea for helping you sleep. My favourite incense is Nag Champa .. I just Love it! .. to me, I have my candles lit, incense going and mood music on .. perfect bliss :)
Old 07-10-2010, 09:36 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
roughly 8-10 drops of pure lavender oil & 2-3 drops of peppermint oil (no more as it can give 'freezer burn') onto a tissue, rubbed on the temples and forehead helps relieve headaches.
Camomile in a tea for helping you sleep. My favourite incense is Nag Champa .. I just Love it! .. to me, I have my candles lit, incense going and mood music on .. perfect bliss :)

Hi Jules!

Nice to meet you :) I'm a returning member who had just reached her ten plus posts and two week probationary member status when the site crashed and no one could get back on! I couldn't get back in on my old name and password when the site was restored, so I had to come up with a new one.

I've use peppermint and lavender for years for headaches... very effective! Also lavender mixed with tea tree in water is very effective for healing wounds and promoting new healthy tissue growth :) I use it on myself and on my animals.

Blessed Be!

Carol
Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Jules

Hi Lightfilledheart (hehe had to use it .. I LOVE IT!!).. trains xx leah xx earthy xx
Hi Carol, it's lovely to meet you too :)
Almost everybody's had to do the same thing and unfortunately a lot of all the fantastic postings were lost too.. BUT the way to look at is, on a positive note we're all starting afresh. Matt (Devolution) has still got his hand in bless him, and pointing us all in the right direction I'm sure :)

I've not heard of lavender and tea tree, but it's something I'll DEFINATELY be giving a try to .. tiger balm for wounds, also pure aloe sap is A MUST for those deadly holiday burns!!!

I think my all time fave relaxation though is ylang ylang,patchouli, and jasmine. Just thinking about it now i've just gone to heaven!! ahhh bliss lol.

but I must away to bed now, speak soon Jue xxxxxx
Old 14-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Master
For sure lavender oil. Also I enjoy Eucalyptus oil because it balances the emotions and energy and hormones in yoru body, it also helps with extreme emotions and balancing them. It's also good if you are sick as it helps clears the sinuses and also acts as an antibacterial if you put it in an insence burner.
Spiritlite
Old 14-10-2010, 05:39 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Hi Lightfilledheart (hehe had to use it .. I LOVE IT!!).. trains xx leah xx earthy xx
Hi Carol, it's lovely to meet you too :)
Almost everybody's had to do the same thing and unfortunately a lot of all the fantastic postings were lost too.. BUT the way to look at is, on a positive note we're all starting afresh. Matt (Devolution) has still got his hand in bless him, and pointing us all in the right direction I'm sure :)

I've not heard of lavender and tea tree, but it's something I'll DEFINATELY be giving a try to .. tiger balm for wounds, also pure aloe sap is A MUST for those deadly holiday burns!!!

I think my all time fave relaxation though is ylang ylang,patchouli, and jasmine. Just thinking about it now i've just gone to heaven!! ahhh bliss lol.

but I must away to bed now, speak soon Jue xxxxxx

Hi Jules!
As a new member, I never really got the chance to know Matt, but just reading his words and hearing you all speak of him has made me feel I did. God bless him... I hope he's smiling down on the site with pride and affection!

Thank you for the tips about tiger balm and of course aloe... good stuff!

I love the good souls that people this site... I was definitely steered here! to one and all!!!
Old 14-10-2010, 05:41 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
For sure lavender oil. Also I enjoy Eucalyptus oil because it balances the emotions and energy and hormones in yoru body, it also helps with extreme emotions and balancing them. It's also good if you are sick as it helps clears the sinuses and also acts as an antibacterial if you put it in an insence burner.
Spiritlite

Hi Spiritlite! Thanks for the excellent tips re: Eucalyptus... I had never heard that! This forum is such a treasure trove of good information! I love it!

Goin out to get me some Eucalyptus oil!