Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Polybius6888

Unable to seperate

Hey everyone.

I have been trying to AP for quite some time now.

When I initially tried to AP about 5 months ago I managed to get to the vibrational, heavy body stage very quickly after maybe 1-2 attempts using binural beats.

I thought because of this I would be able to AP easily with lots of practice so 1-2 nights a week I attempt, sometimes more. But most of the time i get to the same place.

I lie there and my body goes completely numb, I focus on my breathing and keeping my mind alert and not letting it drift off.

I very rarely fall asleep during this process and sleeping on my back is unnatual for me and I sleep normally on my side.

But once my body is completely numb I can lay there for ages and nothing more seems to happen, I focus on my breathing, willing myself to AP but still nothing happens. My body feels heavy, my limbs tingling gently with vibrations but nothing happens.

I have heard about 'Exit Techniques' and that you are supposed to visualise your exit, imagine a rope infront of you and pull yourself up etc... But that still does not work.

I have even tried guided astral projection and they get me to the relaxed state quickly but no further even folling their guidance.

There was one time where I felt something was happening where I thought I could see around my room but still felt my eyes were closed. But I could have imagined it.

Is it possible that I just cant AP? Maybe I should give up?
Old 23-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Ascender

Yes. Giving up is the key to AP. When you give up, you relax far more profoundly than meditation and breathing exercises alone. Every time I do it, I need to trick myself into giving up at the crucial moment. Whenever I fail, it's because I tried too hard, and by "too hard" I mean "at all". It's difficult to explain, but yes, do give up.
Old 23-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Polybius6888

I think I know what you are trying to say, thank you.

Looking back now I do seem to be trying too hard.

I get so far and then my brain is constantly thinking 'What should I do next'

'How Do I get out'

'What are these strange feelings'

I think instead i will just try and go with the flow. Keep focusing on my breathing and relax more rather than trying to force it.

I will keep you posted but if anyone has any other tips that would be great.
Old 23-12-2013, 05:56 PM
SpiritAngel

Even the tinniest bit of fear can affect the ability to astral travel. Are you nervous at all when trying? If you are, ask yourself what are you nervous about? And to remember nothing can harm you.
Old 23-12-2013, 08:11 PM
vaude

i've almost astral projected 2 times, but because of my apprehension i backed out. i did get extremely close, though. it's kind of hard for me to explain. i agree 100% with albalida, the less you actually try is better. don't let your brain ask questions, just kinda go with it. it's kinda like teaching someone to ride a bike. a teacher can only do so much; you just have to experience.
Old 23-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Polybius6888

Thanks for the replies.

No there is never any apprehension just calm. Sometimes my mind runs away but then I just get back to focusing on my breathing.

I will try again tonight but this time lower my expectations stop trying and just go with the flow I will let you know.how it goes
Old 25-12-2013, 10:02 PM
JoeJoe

Try and get back to seeing your room with your eyes closed. Then try and walk around. If you feel you cant get up, then you need to try and "will" or "exit" technique. First time I tried AP I literally tried running out of my body. The further you get from your body the less "pull" back to it you feel imo.

Cheers,

Joepippin