Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-06-2021, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
..... All I know is that when I first began to meditate I did not have the experiences of a strong tingeling or burning sensation around and in the third eye but then it began to happen and now it always does. I got to be more open and I got to have more experiences of this after the meditation/s were done. All I can say is I have these experiences when I meditate.....
The only reason I can think of for that to happen is that people are too stressed out -almost everyone these days lives in fight or flight and has too many stress hormones as a default, thanks to how our society works.
If you then start meditating, and actually do the right thing, you may get a lot of stuff come up maybe.
Could be that for some the gap between daily life -fight or flight- and deeply relaxing is too big. Maybe for those it's best to for instance go for walks in nature or to colour mandalas or something. Both also meditative and soothing.

Also, most people who start meditating have read about it in a magazine, heard about it on telly or something, but do not have any training whatsoever. They hear it's good, start doing it, and likely some meditation that isn't good for them. There's a ton of meditations on YouTube for instance, by people with wonderful sounding names. Doesn't mean they know jack of what they're doing. If you then surrender to that without thinking weird things can happen.
I always am very careful when it's a new person, I usually stick to sources I know only. Plus, I have the tools to stabilize myself.

To be honest, it would be best if people first learnt to manage their own energy systems. The first time in my life I was grounding it flowed so fast i began to think even I was going to disappear through the grounding, haha.
But... I was doing a course intuitive development and I had already learnt that I have control and that I can slow things down, speed it up, or stop it altogether if I want or need to. So I slowed it down and was fine.
I can imagine someone panicking when they'd have a similar experience. I was in the safe environment of the class with a teacher and assistant to help if need be, and the added help of the group energy which also carries you and keeps you safe.

There are so many people these days with issues that they never ever look at, let alone resolve, that in a way it's not a surprise that if they attempt to quiet their mind they get overwhelmed by said issues.
I didn't take that route myself. I did aforementioned course during which we also did chakra work and investigation which included coming across issues.
I think it was a few years later before I began to meditate. Although in a way visualisations were a big part of the course.

And that leads to the next: you also have to find YOUR way of meditating. Most try to empty their mind and focus on breathing.
The first doesn't work for me, the second give ME a panic attack, hihi. I NEVER focus on breathing. Freaks me out as I've had hyperventilation in the past.
I prefer visualisations, albeit by myself or a guided meditation. My hedgewitch teacher at the time called that "magickal meditation". It's another form and I gather it works differently in the brain.
But it works a treat for me!

The 3rd eye I also don't know. I never work with it, not even focus on it. Only gives me a horrible headache and I don't need it to do what I want to do. Or not have it more active anyway.
If it bothers you, however, you can slow it down or even close it temporarily.
And again, no offense, I guess most people don't even know that...

In any case... just my thoughts.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 27-06-2021 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 29-06-2021, 09:48 PM
asearcher

Thank you very much for your words FairyCrystal, interesting journey you made and the knowledge from it
Old 02-07-2021, 02:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Mediating tip

Mediation may feel like complicated process at the beginning. But, if you will do it regularly, this is so simple and you will enjoy meditating. You can start doing it daily for 5-10 minutes. Start with breathe work and play soft music. Practice makes a man perfect, so keep practicing. Remember consistency is the key to success.
Old 16-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Really, the most effective way to meditate, is to sit by an enlightened master. I can offer you the grace of enlightenment if you are interested. I offer meditations by zoom, if you would like to experience the grace.
Old 31-08-2021, 11:47 PM
Newbie ;)

I have trouble focusing but have heard meditation gets easier the more you do it.