Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 24-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Elfin

Not christened?

Hi... Anyone else not christened?... And what are your feelings about this please ?..... I was not christened ....which for "those" days was quite unusual.... The "faith" I would naturally have joined would have been church of England. I attended C of E school and it's teachings ...I also attended Sunday school and coloured in pictures of Jesus ..which I quite liked. When I married my first husband , it was in a Catholic church...but because I was not christened I did not have to "convert" ...and I did not have to be baptised prior to the wedding.... So I am still "un-christened. I personally like the fact that I do not "belong " to any particular faith, as I am very much a free spirit..... I suppose I make my own religion up as I go along....It's not that I don't "believe".... I absolutly DO believe... But not enough , to go in one direction or another....
Old 24-08-2020, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... Anyone else not christened?... And what are your feelings about this please ?..... I was not christened ....which for "those" days was quite unusual.... The "faith" I would naturally have joined would have been church of England. I attended C of E school and it's teachings ...I also attended Sunday school and coloured in pictures of Jesus ..which I quite liked. When I married my first husband , it was in a Catholic church...but because I was not christened I did not have to "convert" ...and I did not have to be baptised prior to the wedding.... So I am still "un-christened. I personally like the fact that I do not "belong " to any particular faith, as I am very much a free spirit..... I suppose I make my own religion up as I go along....It's not that I don't "believe".... I absolutly DO believe... But not enough , to go in one direction or another....

INTERESTING!

I seem to resonate with most religions if not all. I can blend in but I do not go to one particular place of worship.

As an example, I used to receive information from one Catholic Monastery because they thought I was one of their clergy.

Another example, is when I once went to this grocery store on a Sunday that had a counter up in front that was a restaurant. I sat down and ordered my food. Next to me where 4 black chaps all dressed in black shoes, black pants, white shirt with tie and each had a black covered Bible they had already placed on the counter. I looked at them and asked them if they go to the Church on such and such street? They said they did.

When we got done talking, they had invited me to do faith healings at their Church (the kind where a person brings their hand to the other person's forehead and people behind that person catches them as they collapse), considered by them to not just be a brother but a 'man of the cloth' and they even asked me to come to their Church and that I probably could give the talk!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
INTERESTING!

I seem to resonate with most religions if not all. I can blend in but I do not go to one particular place of worship.

As an example, I used to receive information from one Catholic Monastery because they thought I was one of their clergy.

Another example, is when I once went to this grocery store on a Sunday that had a counter up in front that was a restaurant. I sat down and ordered my food. Next to me where 4 black chaps all dressed in black shoes, black pants, white shirt with tie and each had a black covered Bible they had already placed on the counter. I looked at them and asked them if they go to the Church on such and such street? They said they did.

When we got done talking, they had invited me to do faith healings at their Church (the kind where a person brings their hand to the other person's forehead and people behind that person catches them as they collapse), considered by them to not just be a brother but a 'man of the cloth' and they even asked me to come to their Church and that I probably could give the talk!
Hi John.... I cannot tell.... But I would suppose these gentlemen to maybe be jehovas witnesses...???... Only because that is my impression of how they conduct themselves.. I may be wrong of course.... My best friend is jehovas witness .....
Old 24-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi John.... I cannot tell.... But I would suppose these gentlemen to maybe be jehovas witnesses...???... Only because that is my impression of how they conduct themselves.. I may be wrong of course.... My best friend is jehovas witness .....

They were Pentecostal.

As for Jehovah Witnesses, before the pandemic, I used to go to McDonalds to eat and one of the chaps that would join the group was an elderly Jehovah's Witnesses. He is 93 or 94 and acts like he is 75! We get along pretty good. I used to every once in a while buy his breakfast for him and generally gave him my newspaper after I finished reading it.

Small world!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-08-2020, 03:52 PM
Elfin

Quote:
They were Pentecostal.

As for Jehovah Witnesses, before the pandemic, I used to go to McDonalds to eat and one of the chaps that would join the group was an elderly Jehovah's Witnesses. He is 93 or 94 and acts like he is 75! We get along pretty good. I used to every once in a while buy his breakfast for him and generally gave him my newspaper after I finished reading it.

Small world!
Ah...that's a nice story..... ( Apart from Macdonald's lol,!)... Only joking !!.....I see good in all religions ..... I can all of there "pros and cons".... Which is why I have never felt the urge to ever join one particular faith.... I like my own...
Old 24-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Ah...that's a nice story..... ( Apart from Macdonald's lol,!)... Only joking !!.....I see good in all religions ..... I can all of there "pros and cons".... Which is why I have never felt the urge to ever join one particular faith.... I like my own...

If I cut my hair, went out and bought a suit, I probably could go to the Kingdom Hall and if I could get there early, I would not be surprised if some one would ask me if I was giving the talk that day. LOL!

Your own 'faith' seems to resonate with mine.

Old 24-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Elfin

Quote:
If I cut my hair, went out and bought a suit, I probably could go to the Kingdom Hall and if I could get there early, I would not be surprised if some one would ask me if I was giving the talk that day. LOL!

Your own 'faith' seems to resonate with mine.
Please don't cut your hair......I like my own faith.... I like bits and pieces of everything .... But none as much as the church of Elfin...
Old 24-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Please don't cut your hair......I like my own faith.... I like bits and pieces of everything .... But none as much as the church of Elfin...

Then why do you go to the Church of John sometimes?

You seem to enjoy communion there, don't you? LOL!

Besides, the Church of John is 'bits and pieces of everything' and a few other goodies....

Old 24-08-2020, 06:47 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Then why do you go to the Church of John sometimes?

You seem to enjoy communion there, don't you? LOL!

Besides, the Church of John is 'bits and pieces of everything' and a few other goodies....
You see ...and this is the classic example....for it is not Elfin that goes to the church of John..... But rather John , that goes to the church of Elfin Lol.....
Old 24-08-2020, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
You see ...and this is the classic example....for it is not Elfin that goes to the church of John..... But rather John , that goes to the church of Elfin Lol.....

and he drinks from the silver chalice..........
how romantic.

Let's go!