Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-06-2021, 06:28 PM
Master
Lobsang Rampa About The New Age And The Tower Of Babel

Just a paragraph that i think it's interesting.

In the due course of time, people shall be led into a new Age where they'll have different abilities from those now existing. There shall be clairvoyance and telepathy as there was before the so called,(miscalled), Tower of Babel, in which through abuse of special powers mankind lost their telepathic abilities for the time being. The whole story is given in the Bible, but it is in the form of a story. Actually, Man was able to communicate with fellow Man and with the animals, too, but through treachery to the animal world, mankind was deprived of telepathic communication and so there was the utter confusion of people trying to converse in what were local dialects, and which in time became the languages of the world.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Guide
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Just a paragraph that i think it's interesting.

In the due course of time, people shall be led into a new Age where they'll have different abilities from those now existing. There shall be clairvoyance and telepathy as there was before the so called,(miscalled), Tower of Babel, in which through abuse of special powers mankind lost their telepathic abilities for the time being. The whole story is given in the Bible, but it is in the form of a story. Actually, Man was able to communicate with fellow Man and with the animals, too, but through treachery to the animal world, mankind was deprived of telepathic communication and so there was the utter confusion of people trying to converse in what were local dialects, and which in time became the languages of the world.
Probably got this from someone else's work, i.e. he has been exposed as a fake and plagiarist. I thought everyone knew now....
https://crackpo****ch.files.wordpres...sangrampa1.pdf
Old 01-06-2021, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Probably got this from someone else's work, i.e. he has been exposed as a fake and plagiarist. I thought everyone knew now....
https://crackpo****ch.files.wordpres...sangrampa1.pdf

I clicked on your link because I was interested to read it and it led to nowhere, please check it, **** might have been mistakenly inserted.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:05 AM
Master
His books are very old.Most likely others took stuff from his writings.In any case,people allays try to debunk authors no matter what.(It happens all the time).
If you want to talk about Rampa open a new thread...This one,is about what he wrote about the tower of Babel and the new age.What everyone thinks about his persona,it's another story.What we have here,is an alternate view about the Tower of Babel,and i decided to post it,cause i think it's interesting,since his writings are based on first hand experience.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:00 AM
Guide
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
His books are very old.Most likely others took stuff from his writings.In any case,people allays try to debunk authors no matter what.(It happens all the time).
If you want to talk about Rampa open a new thread...This one,is about what he wrote about the tower of Babel and the new age.What everyone thinks about his persona,it's another story.What we have here,is an alternate view about the Tower of Babel,and i decided to post it,cause i think it's interesting,since his writings are based on first hand experience.
Sorry my link didn't work. I would provide other links but it would appear you don't regard debunking to have any truth to it. However, it is common knowledge that he is an exposed fake which DIRECTLY relates to what you say 'he wrote'! Most likely he didn't i.e. was a well known plagiaristbut authenticity doesn't seem to concern you here. So be it.

Last edited by ameliorate : 02-06-2021 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 03:25 PM
Master
Firstly folks might have different definitions about 'common knowledge'.Secondly you're still off topic,and i didn't asked for your assumptions about Rampa.I've read all of his books,and for me he's legit enough.What you're doing here,is an attempt to force your beliefs upon me,trying to show me that you know better.(I'm old enough to have my own opinion you know).

If you don't like Rampa,don't read him.

Almost half of the earth's population thinks the bible is authentic and legit.Does it mean that they're right?(if you're going to use common knowledge,the answer is yes)

It would be better if you had something to add about the new age or the tower of babel,cause that was the original purpose of this thread.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:08 PM
Master

I've read a little about some of his writtings, interesting things. He talks about the aura and many other interesting things. I don't really know what to say, spirituality has reached and reaching new hights with every day, more like never before people are talking about it. The near death experiences serve as a huge boost to this movement, after all, they are the closest thing we get when it comes seeing beyond the veil of reality.

We are in a time of incredible technology and I think this is only the beginning.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Sorry my link didn't work. I would provide other links but it would appear you don't regard debunking to have any truth to it. However, it is common knowledge that he is an exposed fake which DIRECTLY relates to what you say 'he wrote'! Most likely he didn't i.e. was a well known plagiaristbut authenticity doesn't seem to concern you here. So be it.

I question the source of this common knowledge that Lobsang Rampa is an exposed fake. Yes, he was ridiculed in the press, but that means nothing. Yes, the information which he gives is available in various other sources, but that could be said about nearly all books on spiritual/occult subjects.

The question here is, does this comment on the Tower of Babel seem feasible? If the Biblical story of the Tower of Babel is allegorical and if humans in the distant past were more naturally telepathic and clairvoyant, then this comment may have some truth.

Perhaps we should be asking, what was the nature of this human treachery towards the animal world?

Peace
Old 02-06-2021, 10:09 PM
Lorelyen

I too heard the story about how he was discredited but the person discussing this also added "But who really knows? It seems bigoted just to dismiss him as a phoney. He managed to inspire a huge number of people and some of his work is still in print I believe. The local esoteric shop had a couple on its shelves (alas closed now because of the pandemic. Our dappy politicians declared that all "non-essential" shops must stay closed. That one went out of business....Can someone tell me what a non-essential shop is?!)
'
Old 03-06-2021, 09:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
How fake is fake? All of Eastern religion/philosophy goes back to the same source books such as the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita and a few more. Much of Western Spirituality is based on those Eastern religions/philosophies that inspire the gurus, who then inspire another generation of gurus. Eckhart Tolle for one counts himself as one, does that mean he's fake too? Does that mean that everything beyond the Upanishads, etc is plagiarism?