Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 27-11-2018, 01:24 AM
ImthatIm

Hey Lucky
I relate with your spiritual journey in preparation and during hunt and after. So many blessings come from it. Of course I say my prayers when I go to the grocery store as well but usually that we survive the trip. I also treat plants with great respect also if gathered or bought. I respect that whatever is in my hand to eat came from the beginning and it's species survived from seed to seed all the way back. But the hunter and gatherer, that is a commitment of becoming one with the land and surroundings and animals and signs, enduring great pains and suffering, sometimes for no meat or plant and still be thankful also seeing the great beauty and majesty of it all working together, seeing amazing things and feeling amazing moments. Also the great benefit of the story telling and sharing with family friends and community all from 1 kill. Learning many skills and passing them on.(Or you can just go to the store I guess.Something always has to die for us to eat)
I get ya.
Old 27-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Hey Lucky
I relate with your spiritual journey in preparation and during hunt and after. So many blessings come from it. Of course I say my prayers when I go to the grocery store as well but usually that we survive the trip. I also treat plants with great respect also if gathered or bought. I respect that whatever is in my hand to eat came from the beginning and it's species survived from seed to seed all the way back. But the hunter and gatherer, that is a commitment of becoming one with the land and surroundings and animals and signs, enduring great pains and suffering, sometimes for no meat or plant and still be thankful also seeing the great beauty and majesty of it all working together, seeing amazing things and feeling amazing moments. Also the great benefit of the story telling and sharing with family friends and community all from 1 kill. Learning many skills and passing them on.(Or you can just go to the store I guess.Something always has to die for us to eat)
I get ya.

Well whadaya know?......... Someone else on here who gets it!

So far I am on what feels like "blown stalk" number five-thousand-and-seven!

Got close.......stepped on a stick.....and the deer bolted

Got close....the wind made a little swirl....the deer snorted getting a snoot full of "human"............and bolted

Got close to a small group........one of them made me out through the bushes.....................and they all bolted!!

We all hunt on foot and stalk up to bow range...meaning 30 yards or less.

It's hard hunting but the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

My 11 year old grandson on the other hand connected on the opening weekend....stalking to less than 15 yards of a buck and making a perfect shot.....

I swear that boy is just pure predator instinct wrapped in big smile!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 30-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Hello everyone….Here in my state of Texas we are now less than 30 days out from the opening of whitetail deer season and I’m wondering if anyone else here follows the spiritual path of the hunter….and if so how they prepare for it.

Myself and my 11 year old grandson Nick who is best buddy and partner a-field since he was three years old are now well into preparations….

For Nick this started sooner than I but he’s young and extremely excited about the coming season……this past summer he was already doing upper body strength work, running and getting into shape ....tuning his bow and shooting on our backyard range every day.

But he is also meditating and going within for the calmness , clarity and focus that will be needed to stalk an animal with some of the best eye’s ,ears and nose in the animal kingdom….

So as the hunt draws near and we celebrate our proud genetic heritage as the “thinking hunter” and solemnly contemplate the part our species plays in the circle of life that we exist in….I’m wondering how others go about this process…..

P.s….Mods….I was unsure where to put this….if this is not the right place feel free to move it!

There is nothing spiritual about your hunting, in more ways than you can see!
Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
There is nothing spiritual about your hunting, in more ways than you can see!

Sounds like you know absolutely nothing about it. ......and are probably not interested in learning
why do you even bother posting? ???

Old 01-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Sounds like you know absolutely nothing about it. ......and are probably not interested in learning
why do you even bother posting? ???

Because you demonstrate that you have no respect for the blessed freedom of animals!
Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Master

I often think how rich and full our planet's natural life would be if we hadn't terminated and 'controlled' it, (as we still seem to think it's OK to do). Nature could solve its own problems as it well did long before we came on the scene with our horrible weapons and twisted logic.

Recently there was a photograph in the press of 'A Successful Day's hunting in India', this was at the time of The East India Company who were also busy tearing down the jungles to plant tea. In the photo there were 80 dead tigers lying on the ground and a smiling, happy group of their proud killers.

Millions of Bison were shot on American plains, leaving behind empty dustbowls. In Australia kangaroos, wild horses and wild camels are shot from helicopters leaving still-alive but wounded animals to suffer until dead. Sharks, shot because they get too near surfers are shot in Australia and South Africa, those that remain have their fins cut off so the Chinese can have soup. French, Israeli and Maltese hunters shoot migrating birds out of the sky just for fun. British hunters still allow their dogs (although now illegal) to tear foxes to pieces. Each winter Canadians kill thousands and thousands of baby seals for their furs. The Japanese and Norwegians still illegally catch and slaughter whales (for scientific purposes they say), a popular sport in the USA is rattlesnake shooting, and our oceans are almost empty of fish. Our fields are bare of wild flowers, our use of chemical fertilisers has ended such beautiful sights as we need the ground to plant and produce tons and tons of stuff we don't need - because we are getting fat and fatter. Bees are dying out, badgers culled in their thousands, rabbits poisoned, and so on. The list of atrocities caused humans and especially by weapons of all kinds shames mankind, if there is such a thing as karma then we are all doomed.

The short listing above is of course due to our spiritual appreciation of nature and our understanding of the needs of all (remaining) living creatures

So lets just carry on killing, murdering and destroying - we won't live forever. For our children's children and their children we'll have to deny all responsibility so let's keep our eyes closed.

We are all nutcases.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Because you demonstrate that you have no respect for the blessed freedom of animals!

That could not possibly be farther from the truth

Old 01-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Suspended
Quote:
That could not possibly be farther from the truth

You've all ready proved that you do not understand the circle of life, therefore you do not understand what you are saying!
Old 02-12-2018, 01:10 AM
Master
Quote:
You've all ready proved that you do not understand the circle of life, therefore you do not understand what you are saying!

I could the same of you......you sound clueless and it pains me to see how people have lost there understanding of how we fit into the natural order. ..

Old 02-12-2018, 04:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello everyone….Here in my state of Texas we are now less than 30 days out from the opening of whitetail deer season and I’m wondering if anyone else here follows the spiritual path of the hunter….and if so how they prepare for it.

Myself and my 11 year old grandson Nick who is best buddy and partner a-field since he was three years old are now well into preparations….

For Nick this started sooner than I but he’s young and extremely excited about the coming season……this past summer he was already doing upper body strength work, running and getting into shape ....tuning his bow and shooting on our backyard range every day.

But he is also meditating and going within for the calmness , clarity and focus that will be needed to stalk an animal with some of the best eye’s ,ears and nose in the animal kingdom….

So as the hunt draws near and we celebrate our proud genetic heritage as the “thinking hunter” and solemnly contemplate the part our species plays in the circle of life that we exist in….I’m wondering how others go about this process…..

Are you equating your ‘spiritual path of the hunter’ with the Ancient Hunter-Gatherers?
Do you find similarities or parallels with Native American Spiritual hunting ways?
If so, in what regard? (Since I do not know – I ask).

As far as I am aware of our Ancient Eurasian hunter-gatherer Spiritual point of view (well - my grandparent’s generation still hunted and observed the old taboos - the rights and the obligations of a hunter even though they no longer were totemic practitioners as such)…..

So in comparison …….
First of all, our Animist-World-View saw it as self-evident that all things have Spirit or Soul, hence we are all equal and besides; - Animals were/are seen as our Totemic Ancestors.

Animist vs. Western hierarchical view:
http://www.convictcreations.com/abor...ges/ecoego.jpg

Totemic groupings ruled who can hunt and for what and it was the hunter’s duty to hold the very exacting ceremonies for the fallen animal, to ensure its Spirit was released back to its Celestial Realm to reincarnate again …..
Here the Bear bones and nails were/are buried underneath a ‘Bear-Scull-Tree’:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-asGvP_XnD_...atherWoods.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/ca...7eec64c676.jpg

Quote:
My 11 year old grandson on the other hand connected on the opening weekend....stalking to less than 15 yards of a buck and making a perfect shot.....

I swear that boy is just pure predator instinct wrapped in big smile!!
I don’t think any of my Ancestors saw themselves as predators, unless perhaps you were a Wolf Totemic – a Turanian “Wolf Angel”:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20171026230525

Besides – even our (survived by the skin of our teeth) Ancient North Eurasian Creation Story tells us that the Loon was a superior diver, but because the Loon was not subordinate to the Spirit (Eagle on the top of the World Pole and/or the World Tree) – it was the lowly duck who managed to dive so deep into the Primordial Waters that it brought mud on its beak that formed the Earth.
i.e. By being subordinate and surrendering to the Spirit - the lowly duck had 'Shamanic blessings/powers'.
Hence "we celebrate our proud genetic heritage as" …..the descendants of this lowly duck – as subordinates and surrendering to the Will of the Spirit Design - when hunting.

When you entered the Forest (or Ocean/Lake) – you entered the Forest (or Ocean/Lake) Master’s or Spirit’s domain and it was/is the Forest Master who decided whether there would be game to be had that day, and it was up to the individual animal, whether it wanted to sacrifice its life to be food for others ….

I have not hunted with Oz-Aboriginals, but from experience we do relate to the Forest in a very similar way ….
When we enter the Forest, we go totally silent (call it meditative) – We enter the Totality of the Forest as an egalitarian part of that Totality and then we let the Spirit of that Totality tell us what to do at any given time.

Hence (back to Eurasia) even if you did not built your bicepts – tricepts what have you, the Forest Master would lead you to a right place at the right time to hunt your game.

A bit difficult to explain this Shamanic View to a Western mind-set.

Last edited by sentient : 02-12-2018 at 11:50 AM.