Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-09-2022, 05:02 AM
asearcher

"Playing" with blue? stones or crystals: Is that OK?

If someone is reckless with blue stones or crystals would that be bad? Knew of someone who would pick up a bunch (sold in spiritual store) and drop them down quite aggressively time and time again. For some reason the owner or employee of the store did not say anything, if noticing that is.

Last edited by asearcher : 22-09-2022 at 03:45 PM.
Old 22-09-2022, 07:11 PM
Ascender

If it were my store I would be concerned about scratching the surface of whatever the stones landed on and damaging the stones. Treating merchandise roughly that you haven't paid for yet is not ok. You could have mentioned something to the shopper or the shop owner/employee.
Old 23-09-2022, 02:20 PM
asearcher

Yes I think you are absolutely right, Traveler.

At the time (years back) I was there with a current (now an ex) and I was having a bad feeling with him there but that was between us.

He would few times I remember first touch me soft to then do it suddenly tighter (like his hand on the shoulder or neck if we just stood talking. If someone else looked on it would not be visible but I felt the difference). I never knew from one instant to the next.

It has been when I have thought back now and began to search on stones and recently been into a spiritual store where I could see how beautiful they were that I realized the way he handled them was to me in a reckless way.His face expression was what mostly then caught my eye and made me feel uncomfortable.
Old 23-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Ascender

He sounds like such the charmer (sarcasm font). Glad you got away from him. I have some damaged stones that my daughter scratched when she was little. All the stones are polished. One is a fluorite polished point wand that is about 6" long (I have such a fondness for fluorite because of the colors. This one is a layered rainbow fluorite). I just recently came across a site on pinterest that showed how to use dremel grinding tools on crystals. It'll be nice to see them polished again.
Old 25-09-2022, 05:35 AM
asearcher

LOL well yeah, live and learn, live and learn...thanks :)

Ah, yes I can imagine it is easily done to scratch them, but but great you an polish them, that there's a fix! The rainbow kind sound just wonderful. And yet another way to fix the crystals too, that is good to know. Thanks for sharing.

I'm thinking of returning to the spiritual store to buy a stone or crystal or two. Too bad he sort of made it into a less worthy of a memory to have before, but I'm thinking I can turn that around now.
Old 25-09-2022, 09:08 AM
Master
Most crystals don't damage that easily, but it depends on what they are, their hardness (Mohs).
Crystal shops have tumbled crystals -large & small ones- in glass or plexiglass containers and people constantly rummage around in those to find one they like. None of the crystals are damaged though. So they can handle quite a bit.

But to deliberately drop crystals real hard is disrespectful, not something you do. I'd certainly tell the person who did that if it was my shop.

You can polish crystals but depending on the Moh of the crystal you need a polishing surface that's harder than the crystal. For instance, quartz is quite hard, if the polishing surface is softer than quartz the quartz will end up polishing that surface.
Old 25-09-2022, 01:57 PM
asearcher

Thank you for the information, I know so very little of these things and good to learn it all and the differences :)
Old 25-09-2022, 10:47 PM
Master
You learn by seeing and doing and observing I guess, and common sense.
And of course when it comes to not so careful handling, like dropping crystals on a hard surface etc. you could damage them or have a chip break off and so on.
Most can take quite a bit, but there is a limit of course.
Old 04-10-2022, 07:59 AM
Experiencer
Is fine.. just don't drop Selenite on the floor ^^
Old 20-11-2022, 09:19 PM
asearcher

Thank you, Bubbles :) You did eh?