Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 19-06-2023, 03:20 AM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
A Little About the Life of the Spiritual Man

The business of spiritual evolution is universal throughout most religions although it is referred to in varying ways. One difficulty is the way we think of or use the word "god". Is there only one god? Before we can answer this we have to agree about what a god is. Yes there is one supreme being, a creative source. But there are untold numbers of lesser beings each on a path of spiritual ascension which only ends with the eventual joining with the ultimate Father, the true God. We humans struggle on Earth in physical bodies but we grow through experience and collect wisdom. Eventually we ascend and leave the physical behind and become what some call "exalted". We have by no means finished with life but we have left the human phase behind. We continue to work, grow spiritually and ascend even further.

Human beings, souls, are by no means the ultimate expression of God's creation.

No. These “lesser” gods are not the same as the Father, the one living God. But... from our standpoint as men on Earth they seem to be and so, in history, we have come to call them "gods". This is the source of the multitude of gods revered by older, pre-Christian societies. Yes. There really is a great one, under God, who is known as Apollo and another who is named Mars. And why not? Those names are only those given by the cultures in which they were known. Which of us is qualified to tell God how to manage His created universe? Who, among us, is vain enough to suppose that all has been revealed?

The goal? Eventually we rejoin, in ultimate completion, with the Father, the source of it all. Remembering that the business of deity is to express this makes perfect sense. Through this expressiveness God expands. But what words shall we use to describe all this?

Along the way humans yet in the physical know about these highly placed beings. Some call them angels, some others call them saints. Humanity has had interactions with these since the beginning (of humans on Earth). They have commonly come to be called "gods". No. Not the supreme being but lesser gods. But remember all they are are collections of souls who have achieved freedom from the need to remain on the Earth as physical beings. They are far beyond the human phase of existence.

Why are they still here? Most are not. The universe is filled with other worlds where these can go to continue their work as God allows. Many stay though, in service to humanity. It is these who occasionally interact with selected men or women. We often note this and at a time we began calling those high but yet to be ascended humans "prophets". They may say "god spoke to me" or "god has revealed". “One who speaks with the authority of God”. Yes. True but which god? The supreme creator works through a hierarchy of ascended souls, many near to and in charge, so to speak, of the Earth.

At the head of our planetary hierarchy is a great one, the "anointed one" (the Christos) of the old Greeks. When Jesus was on Earth he accepted the role of Christ's ambassador. We thus call him Jesus (the) Christ. We also say that he is the son of god. In the earliest Greek texts, copies of original apostolic teachings, Jesus is referred to as being "a" son of god, not "the" son of god or “the only begotten son of God”. This means that Jesus is a great soul who as achieved freedom from the long human cycle and now works on a higher level guiding and teaching those souls who are junior to him. This is the belief in the body of philosophy that man call "esoteric" thought.

May we come to the realization that there are a multitude of other worlds that are home to human souls. Though the physical forms may differ to suit the planet the life of the soul is the same. And may we allow, then, that each of these worlds has a great one, a counterpart to our Christ, who leads the spiritual evolution of the world below?

The LDS church, through it's teachings, is once again shown to be a leader in "esoteria". Whether they use that word or not is of no consequence. The fact of the supreme, the one true God, sitting at the head of all but anointing others who are lesser yet much more advanced than ordinary human souls to assist is a reasonable one. It also explains why it is that a Mormon will say something like "we will (or are to) become gods". This is literally true. This high ascension, transformation, exaltation, occurs though only after we have finished the long cycle of human incarnations and have achieved.

One area in which Christianity fails us is in their insistence that we live once only. It is true that each personality lives one life but it is also true that our souls are not of our personalities. They are of higher "stuff". While personalities come and go souls remain firmly alive on their own higher Earth dimension, plane, density or ???? Use the name of your choice here. The human soul, not any one personality, joins or is connected to a new body/personality when it is born. The body lives once. The soul is eternal. The soul descends into a new personality each time it is reborn to the planet and the process of learning continues. Eventually though the soul is freed and makes the final (Earth system) ascension. Now it has become "a god" and embarks on a new mission. This is the truth of it.

Eastern religions are very much aware of this. Those that we call Abrahamic are not. The reason? It is simply because eastern religions are soul centered whereas the Abrahamic are concerned with the personality. Note the way they stress being “saved”? They also teach that man has a soul as though it were subservient to the body. One kind of religion teaches higher reality. The other teaches Earth living. The reality is that we are first souls and second personalities. Souls are eternal, incapable of being "lost". They are not something that is produced by the body. Personalities are temporal, temporary, disposable.

We find confusion sometimes because we speak of Lucifer in incorrect ways. That great soul did not "fall" at all. He serves as appointed by the creator in a special way. He has only that power which is allowed him by God. His is a necessary aspect in the spiritual scheme of the planet. Through his activities we are able to experience separation from God. It is because of Lucifer that we can feel temptation (to sin). How, I ask, can we rise above that which we cannot see or feel? And how can we achieve if we lack first hand knowledge of evil? This is the very necessary part of Earth living. When we swim through those turbulent seas yet survive we achieve and grow through the accumulation of wisdom. It is this which frees us. Nothing less. You see? Spiritual growth is not a matter of beliefs but one of experience. Lucifer serves God by providing us, humans, on Earth the means to choose.

Lastly is regarding the one who is called Satan. This name is but a metaphor which refers to the separated nature of the Earth. Here we are separated from God in so many ways. This is also by design. Here's why. In our natural homes in the Earth's heavens we can live and learn but we cannot, except for a few moments, be exposed to any forces which are incompatible with the level upon which we live. This is the reason for the lower worlds. Only in the physical can a soul meet and overcome temptation and thus achieve wisdom. Remember that it is this precious commodity that frees us and understand how very essential this Earth is to us. Without it we would not advance.

This.... is God's intelligent design.

Last edited by bartholomew : 19-06-2023 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2023, 04:01 AM
Master
Thanks for sharing, James ~ enjoyed the read very much

I’d like to disagree slightly on the personality bit though. In my understanding, life after life, we carry forward samskaras* (*tendencies). Hence the precocious child, painter, poet, musician.

I’m unaware of the ‘levels’ of ascension although there is no doubt that by overcoming adversity here, we learn, in timeless time melding head with heart, in resonance with love.

I look at soul as identity, in duality, be it with form or without form. The Self however, is a singularity, luminous, renewing itself within itself, in ineffable peace and complete. It is us sans identity. I’ll take this opportunity to seek your insights on this.

Hope you are doing well.
Old 05-07-2023, 06:09 AM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Thanks for sharing, James ~ enjoyed the read very much

I’d like to disagree slightly on the personality bit though. In my understanding, life after life, we carry forward samskaras* (*tendencies). Hence the precocious child, painter, poet, musician.
Thank you for correcting me. I did not speak of those things because I thought to avoid complexities. Yes. I agree and the way the soul carries forth certain past personality elements is by providing the new babe a "connector" within the child's aura. Then, when the time is right, a "channel" to the past is opened. Sometimes it happens spontaneously and a person will have a past life memory. It is more common in children as I am sure you know. We have all heard of small children who seem to be masters of some musical instrument or perhaps in mathematics. They are so very free of guile, open to matters of spirit.

There is also the genetic connection. It is possible for the new child to share certain things with the parents. I include the grandparents as well. This provides us a more efficient means of, a wider range of "circumstance" through which opportunities to learn are provided. As we know our animal cousins are very adept at this. They are born with the memories mostly intact. Doesn't out science speak of "instinct"?

Quote:
I’m unaware of the ‘levels’ of ascension although there is no doubt that by overcoming adversity here, we learn, in timeless time melding head with heart, in resonance with love.
The newly created soul has, for it's goal, the union of lower mind and emotion. Having become functional on this level the soul now looks higher. Now the new goal is the union of higher mind and heart. It is at this time that the disciple becomes aware of itself as a spiritual being. And... direct communication with the soul is very possible. Now the man or woman on Earth has the ability to consciously remember it's past. But here lays a great responsibility. Am I correct? Where before progress was not difficult now the disciple (worker) is burdened with the necessity that he or she not allow the detached self to rise up, too far. This, I think, you know better than I.

Those who can see auras have no difficulty identifying the more advanced souls. But we may also judge the spiritual position of the man or woman by his or her actions in life. Does he or she have a high sense of ethics or morals? Will they want to take advantage of others or perhaps they avoid such temptations. All these are indicators again as I am sure you know.

Quote:
I look at soul as identity, in duality, be it with form or without form. The Self however, is a singularity, luminous, renewing itself within itself, in ineffable peace and complete. It is us sans identity. I’ll take this opportunity to seek your insights on this.

My Teacher (Bartholomew) promotes the idea of the self being of the personality, the lower. I agree that this is a singularity. We agree also that each of the Earth's spiritual (subtle) planes indeed has form. For instance on the mental plane we find mental matter. All who work on that plane have mental plane forms. On the astral plane we find astral matter.

Quote:
Hope you are doing well.
I am well enough thanks. I am thinking more about a trip to India. I do not know why exactly. As a tourist I am sure. I would like to visit the Golden Temple for a meal. It is the history of the land and people that I find interesting.

Last edited by bartholomew : 05-07-2023 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2023, 11:01 AM
Master
James, let me know whenever you plan that India trip! It will be a pleasure to catch up and I’m sure you’ll enjoy meeting Vijay Mehra too
Old 05-07-2023, 10:01 PM
Guide
Quote:
James, let me know whenever you plan that India trip! It will be a pleasure to catch up and I’m sure you’ll enjoy meeting Vijay Mehra too
I do not like traveling as a tourist because tour guides rush people around here and there on a bus. I do not like schedules. I do not like hotels either but they are a necessity. I much prefer freedom to just walk by myself.

I am already saving money for the trip. Perhaps in one year.

Thanks for your friendship,

James
Old 06-07-2023, 10:02 AM
Guide

Thanks for your post's bartholemew,They always bring clarity to my mind.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:26 PM
Administrator
Lovely read as usual

Namaste
Old 30-07-2023, 01:13 AM
Knower
Hi James, would you say humans have the capability to become like a god as in the supreme being? We do have his divine spark within us, so is that possible?
Old 30-07-2023, 06:04 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray=out
Hi James, would you say humans have the capability to become like a god as in the supreme being? We do have his divine spark within us, so is that possible?

Because of the truth in the statement that "all roads lead to the Father" I have to say yes to that question. To the thought of a human being taking that gigantic step while yet retaining the individual human identity is a most misleading proposition though.

May I say that it is not proper to suggest that we have the divine spark within? This would imply that we, our existence, is of some other character or source. But this is misleading. We live within the Father. We are "of" the Father. Instead of saying we have the spark within say, rather "we are the spark" for this is closer to the truth.

The degree to which we are of the Father is measured by the degree to which we are conscious because it is this principal that measures divinity. Consciousness is the very elemental measure of Godliness.

As created matter progresses it changes form time and time again while gaining in, becoming more consciousness at each step. This is true of the very first atom of hydrogen that appeared. It is true of us. It is true of the great one who gives life to our planet, to the other, the yet more magnificent entity in whose body our solar system exists. This continues until we find the greatest that our minds allow us to conceive of.

Go outside on a clear cold night. Look up at the heavens. Let your imagination reach as far as is possible and then go beyond that point. Everything, all the lights in the sky, are parts of the Father. There is no being somewhere else who is simply connected to our heavens. Our heavens, all of them, is the Father. And how conscious is the great one? Again we would have to combine all of the consciousnesses of everything in creation before we could begin to appreciate the nature of God.

Even so we will eventually raise ourselves up and rejoin the Father. But it is a great mistake that we will do so while yet being human beings. Consider this. Before we can leave this Earth we have to divest ourselves of our human-ness. We join with other souls of like levels of achievement and then, in this new post human form, we may leave. But this event, as stupendous as it may seem, is yet small when compared to that which lays ahead.

Will a man become a star shining in the heavens? No. Because one man is not adequate to the task. But many men, together, may take the next step. And then in many of these may take the next. You see? Each time we advance we have to change our form each time becoming greater. This never stops but we will have left our human identity far behind.

As humans the highest we can imagine on the toad to god-hoodness is that level which is at the pinnacle of the Earth's spiritual being. At this level right now is the great one that some call the Christ. We, truly, right now, exist in His body of consciousness. This statement is not an endorsement of any religion. It instead refers to the truth of the way our world is designed. Everything in the Earth is a part of the lesser "god" which is the Earth. And we certainly can imagine rejoining this great one. Will this make us god-like? Yes. We may say that it does.

What dreams do the gods of the stars have? Do they, too, wonder about rejoining the ultimate creator? All that can be said is that at the end of time it will happen.

Now can we look within ourselves? Imagine that our ability to see deeply inside of our bodies is give us, just for a moment. What is revealed? Larger and larger, bigger every thing gets until finally we are seeing, before us, individual molecules of physical matter. Watch them move about. Now imagine that one says to it's mate "do you think we may ever know god?" And the other may say "god is so far away. I have tried to search the heavens near us but it seems so impossible yet our great ones always say that we will finally achieve and that, yes, someday we will return to the Father.

As we listen to the tiny lives within our bodies expressing their concerns can we get some idea of what it is like for a human being to ask the same questions? Each of us has his life within God. Each human being moves about in His body of manifestation. If only we could believe that most profound statement. If only.

For the time being the most lofty life that we can contemplate is that of the great one whose body, whose life, is expressed in our planetary system. We, right now, are vital parts of the "god" who is the Earth system. We have been given to know this great one as the Christ. Note: This statement is not an endorsement of any religion. It's just a word but one that allows us to contemplate the entity which it is. Here is our goal, for the present, As individual human beings we can aspire no higher.

We will eventually achieve though and after changing forms from the human kingdom to the next we will win what for us is the final raising up. With each evolutionary step we increase our consciousness which is to say we become more god-like. And when time finally stops, is no more, the greatest God, the ultimate Father, will call us all home. Can we look that far ahead?

Bartholomew

Last edited by bartholomew : 30-07-2023 at 12:15 PM.
Old 30-07-2023, 12:00 PM
I loved the way you put this in your first post.
"Eventually though the soul is freed and makes the final (Earth system) ascension.''

And glad you bring up Lucifer is not 'the bad guy' people think he is...he has a very special purpose, yes!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru