Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Guiding You

What Dreams May Come

Dear Reader,

Thank you for opening this link, and I hope by the time you've read my review, you may get yourself a copy of this book. Such a beautiful and entertaining novel about love after death, by Richard Matheson, What Dreams May Come. Chris Neilson died in a car accident and his soul is still conscious of life on earth. He is deeply in love with his wife, Ann, and cannot completely let go of the life he had whilst being here in the physical. She simply does not want to go on living without him, and each regards the other as their twin flame or truest love. What he will do to reunite with her after she dies truly makes for one of the most unusual love stories ever told. Even though the story can be enjoyed as pure fantasy, what makes What Dreams May Come unique is how the author spent many years researching the subject of life after death prior to writting this story.

An exhaustive bibliography is included in the back of the book, and while Matheson (the author) admits that the characters are fictional, he also adds, "With few exceptions, every other detail is derived exclusively from research." Whether, after reading this novel, had you not considered the possibility of life after death, at least you'll entertain the possibility that, even though we may not roam earth forever, true love can be eternal. To say the very least, the story is comforting to those who are on the path to finding true love. I don't usually read fiction books, infact to be honest this is the first one as an adult, I have read. It's a hard one to get your hands on however, it was worth the wait and I'll admit, will read again ;)

Abundant Love and Blessings,
Guiding You
Old 31-01-2006, 12:16 PM
imported_devolution

I'm currently distance-reading "Somewhere In Time" with my friend. One of my favourites of all time!
I visited Mackinac Island in 2004 - where they set the film - you know with the Grand Hotel and everything! Took a Buggy ride round the island - it was fabulous!

I'm hoping to read What Dreams may Come soon... I've also seen the film - no doubt the book is even better than the film here too...

"Love after Death" - now that's a quote I haven't heard for a longggg time... I came up with the exact same a few years ago... I had an idea about a film where a man would study Astral Projection etc. to get to a woman he had fallen in love with shortly before he died... The man had discovered that some souls are reincarnated, and she is his twin flame, and if she gets reincarnated then it will be an eternity before they can be reunited - the man wants to try and let her know of his love for her, and hopefully she might wait and watch over him for his lifetime before reuniting in heaven...
Dang - perhaps some Hollywood people are reading this site and now they're going to pinch my idea :twisted: :lol:
Old 01-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Guiding You

Hello devolution,

Made me laugh, you have. Lovely to meet you. Your idea sounds rather interesting, would be good to watch on the big-screen. I haven't seen the movie yet, however, the book was really entertaining. From the moment I opened it up, I had to fight with myself to put it down. There were days which were so busy and I had no time to read but then there were nights where I'd read and read until my eyes closed shut. I really enjoyed it, to say the least. It was fantastic. Somewhere In Time... I haven't read. I was just thinking the other day, I need a good book to read, thank you ;)

Abundant Love and Blessings,
Guiding You
Old 13-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Bluedigits

Thumbs up Namaste...

I didn't realize there was a book.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and found it to be a masterpiece.

Happy Moonday!
Love&Light
-Blu
Closed Thread