Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 04-06-2023, 12:50 PM
Ascender
Maintaining enthusiasm despite constant failures?

"Perform your duty and abandon all attachment to success or failure." - Krishna in Gita 2.48, according to Prabhupada.

I'm feeling defeated and not interested in trying anymore. How do i go from here to what Krishna said?
Old 04-06-2023, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
"Perform your duty and abandon all attachment to success or failure." - Krishna in Gita 2.48, according to Prabhupada.

I'm feeling defeated and not interested in trying anymore. How do i go from here to what Krishna said?
Well, me? I would ignore my feeling of defeat....feelings come and go, they are fleeting and can't be always trusted, imo.
Feel them sure, learn something...never dwell on an unpleasant one.
Do your duty with detachment.

Thinking of Abraham-Hicks you just can't expect to jump from defeat, despair, discouragement right to Enthusiasm and Joy.
But, you could go to something more attainable...like Detachment, to a little Hope, a hint of Inspiration..
and work your way UP to actual Contentment, then maybe Enthusiasm.

Also, get ''trying'' out of your vocabulary ...and ''do'' the thing.
That is influenced by Yoda, Star Wars.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-06-2023, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
We all face this in life, to a greater or lesser degree. There are different ways to deal with this, in my view:

First, the typical Buddhist method, inquiring ‘to whom do these thoughts come’ wherein we disown ownership of those thoughts or resultant emotions and view them simply as objects appearing and disappearing in our consciousness. I find this quite effective.

Second, the tantric method, where we surrender the heart contraction in this case (it could, on another occasion be expansion) to God, who is the ultimate experiencer of all that is. So here, we force identity to acknowledge its non-existence and thus become empty, detached or conversely so full of love and devoted to God that each act, each breath is an offering to Him.

Third, we recognise that life as it plays out in linear time, has already been impulsed in the ethereal domain and we are merely witnessing it from in-form consciousness, which is confined to duality, limited in intellect/wisdom, zero in power and in stupor, hypnotised by the environment while playing our role, as does an actor on stage.

Fourth, we look at the consciousness contraction and do not attempt to interfere. Rather we celebrate it as an experience which we would have been denied, had we remained in singularity of love and light. So we delight in the occurrence.

We may use any or combine the orientations as of our ability.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:29 AM
Ascender
You guys are right, i was taking my feelings too seriously. You guys are right about all of the points you've kindly shared with me. I'm now much more productive, thank you.

"Third, we recognise"..
Wow the paragraph; your profile pic is appropriate, light shining in mind 🙏
Old 05-06-2023, 06:35 PM
Ascender
Now it seems that through constant failures God was teaching me lesson of Gita 2.47, i mean "Let me show this fool that results are not in his hands". Well, the verse says .."you are not entitled to the fruits of action".. . It's not a complaint with God, i've accepted that that's the way it's.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:37 AM
Master
As far as I recollect, the teaching asks us not to anticipate outcomes or seek fruits of actions, to surrender and keep doing the karma (action) in alignment with dharma (truth)
Old 06-06-2023, 05:34 AM
Ascender
Unseeking, knowing one's dharma is the issue. We (I and other humans) just do whatever makes sense to us, like it made sense to Arjuna to not to participate in war.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:01 PM
Newbie ;)

My view on this..

Detachment from success or failure .. it depends on which force is stronger like our attachment or expectation from a task etc vs how much we Love or Surrender to Universe/God

I am trying to practice Being in the present and mind always play tricks to go away from it like.. want to brood over next steps, result of a task etc than being in present. Being in the present b comes easier if we surrender to Bigger Force
Old 06-06-2023, 03:15 PM
Master

A quote from Wayne Dyer:

There is no such thing as failure
You only produce a result
It’s what you do with the result that matters.