Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-06-2023, 05:52 AM
Master
Ego, Awareness, Wisdom

I was going to write a thread up about judgement, then I thought these three aspects together, might be more useful, as an inclusive understanding.

Ego tends to judge, either itself or others. Judgement used as a choice of discernment can work effectively. It becomes a supportive tool to navigate yourself through external situations that might cause you unnecessary pain or grief. So in this view sound judgement, is an anchor of support. Ego as judgment, tends to box things into categories aligned to feelings of displeasure, feelings that determine, somethings not right or wrong. Shouldn’t be or should never have happened.

The world is fuelled with events, experiences and troubled hearts and souls, creating conflict and suffering for others. Right now we are exposed to, so much more of the worlds suffering and struggles, so our experience becomes inundated with a greater degree of suffering because of this exposure. If you watch the news it’s unavoidable, if your constantly researching, curious and noticing such things more prevalent than other aspects of life, you’ll soon begin to notice how easily your thoughts and ego turn against, feel unsettled and possibly even activate deeper levels of suffering, from all this exposure. The judgement is a natural escape from the depth of truth inside you, that often is overlooked. The ego feels justified in the nature of what is, as it determines as ‘not right’ ..Often ethics and morals get entangled in this web one with the ego’s right to judge and label.

Judgement leading as an assault on what is, creates unnecessary rifts and fractures in your own being.

You may feel you’re rightly justified as things are and in most instances peoples reactions in relation to the worlds suffering is valid and often met with banded herd mentality, justifications. As humans in this way we are and can be viewed as armed and dangerous, but most often the ego won’t let it be known as such. It won’t compare its own judgements and controlled truth in this way as being just as dangerous to the world as a perpetrator who inflicts his suffering upon others.

Yet the fuel contained within judgement can potentially yield abd send out deep adverse affects.

So in light of egos desire to win, be right and take a stand against what it determines as suffering of others, the ego soothed and stroked in this way, serves only to build deeper resentments against suffering. Not liberate, overcome and build clear and truthful core values and an integrated awareness, of all life suffering, as being very much a part if you. How you feel about the worlds suffering, choices, behaviours in all ways of the world, is how you feel about you in all this. Aware and clear, without harbouring, without judgement, you give birth to the wisdom and insight where your no longer afflicting and generating more suffering into the worlds greater consciousness, but aware and liberated beyond the totality as yourself.

To reside in a state of awareness, where you can observe and move through life, without this battle in you, you are not dismissing the world as things are, but deeply integrated by being able to observe, be aware fully, yet move and act with clarity. With the insight of your own afflictions, no longer battling to beat suffering, but with the ability to be open and clear, from a deeper residing being state.

To fight against injustices we do so at the cost of requiring some kind of pay off inside. The war against terror becomes the war of terror in us.

The war has to end inside before peace can navigate the waters of life more clear, more truthfully. Your ego determining truth can never win against anything. Your awareness and insight determining truth doesn’t seek to win against anything but rather become the recognition of truth it is seeking through others.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:40 PM
Master
Judging vs discerning, in the former we condemn based on a desire or value system, often with inbuilt prejudice, whilst in the latter we simply recognise, distinguish, assess in nonchalance. So discerning and accepting what is as is.

In my view, how we look at other forms determines the difference in our attitude and consequently our state of being, agitated or equanimous.

Consider forgiveness vs acceptance. The former is essentially a self healing tool, seeking release from imagined suffering, whereas the latter sees that there is no expectation to start with and hence no sense of injury (there may be pain but not suffering) and so no need to forgive. So forgiveness is therapy and acceptance transcendence.

We can extrapolate this concept into almost any emotion felt and choose the ‘higher’ road, metaphorically speaking.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:41 AM
Master
Inbuilt prejudice is probably a huge issue in relation to why we judge. I think just ‘being against’ something can perpetrate strong ill feelings because somewhere within the scope of that kind of moral high ground, we can convincingly believe we are right, they are wrong, because of the nature of circumstance. I’ve become aware that certain types of core pain in humans, has an external association to pain and suffering in the world.

So as an example you’ll find people harsh and judgemental about certain types of suffering in this way. Whether it’s child abuse, animal cruelty or any other stream.

Generally without consistent observation and willingness to notice your strong view, as something more in you, you will miss what this association of suffering means deeper in you.

The ego latches on because you know ‘it’s not right’ and generally when the ego (fight or flight) is activated it won’t back down, because how can you accept something, that in your eyes is morally wrong. The confusion being, that if I fully accept such things, then I am in some way condoning.

I’ve noticed men tend to struggle more so with this issue.
Old 05-06-2023, 01:21 AM
Master
Words of Gautama Buddha (sceptics may qualify as ’assumed to be words of Gautam Buddha’) in a ‘session’ at an ashram in Rishikesh, India, offers the following wisdom on suffering -

Do not get disturbed by evil because evil is playing its own part. Do not get disturbed with the person suffering because he wishes to suffer. This choice to suffer will one day bring him to that level one day when his need for suffering will disappear.“
Old 05-06-2023, 04:56 AM
Master

UnseekingS

Yes there is a lot of truth in Buddhas statement about suffering.
Old 05-06-2023, 05:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Do not get disturbed by evil because evil is playing its own part. Do not get disturbed with the person suffering because he wishes to suffer. This choice to suffer will one day bring him to that level one day when his need for suffering will disappear.“

Do you have the Sutta/ Sutra please regarding the above ? Imo it sounds very strange but mybe the before and after words will make more sense.... Thanks.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Do you have the Sutta/ Sutra please regarding the above ? Imo it sounds very strange but mybe the before and after words will make more sense.... Thanks.

This is not from a scripture. It was relayed in a session by a highly advanced and evolved medium in Brigu Ashram, Rishikesh, India, in the presence of teachers Buddha called Absolutes. Check out this link ~ https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=128587

This is why I added a ‘disclaimer’ in my original post. However, to me the words make sense. As long as we are acting as an ego, deluded that we are separate from source, we generate karma* (*cause and effect), which results in suffering, since we need to spherically experience what we set into motion, because all is one. On the other hand, when ignorance is removed by clear sight or recognition, we act in resonance with love or impulses of universal consciousness, Self, God, whatever we wish to call it. Then, there is no agenda, no lower mind, no fear, no desire, no attachment and hence no karma. No suffering. A bliss continuum in duality or time stretched ineffable peace in singularity.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:05 AM
Knower
Quote:
Do not get disturbed with the person suffering because he wishes to suffer. This choice to suffer will one day bring him to that level one day when his need for suffering will disappear.“

This "quote" is not new and has permeated the new-age spiritual scene for as long as I can remember. I think the only place these words maybe uttered safely is within the confines of a spiritual school or ashram.

I have literally seen people go psychotic because they believed their suffering was by their own choice.
Worse still I have seem people turn other suffering people away with harsh words which sounded much like the above statement. You are doing it to yourself etc. where a hug, a smile or just some silent time together would have been healing instead of debilitating.

In other word I can understand how this works, but find no use in normal 3d consciousness to think about suffering in these terms as they prolong and cause suffering. So it's a worthless truth in terms of its helpfulness to help heal.

It has some merit when used for self-reflection, but in my mind that message can easily substituted by more helpful comments. Even to ones self.

With Love
Old 05-06-2023, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
This is not from a scripture.

I didn't think it had come from Buddha's Suttas/Sutras as it doesn’t tally with what is recognised as His Teachings. Thanks anyway for clarification.....
Old 05-06-2023, 04:40 PM
Experiencer

Human animals are not qualified to judge other humans because they do not have sufficient information to do so. This also applies to self-judgment.

__/\__