Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-05-2023, 08:34 PM
Master
Knowledge not only comes from the mind, it also comes from experience, but most of all, the heart knows. Intuitively we can know. When we have a spiritual awakening there are no doubts, no questions, about it. Your whole being tells you without words or thoughts, that you have stepped into a greater existence, a greater awakening. You feel it throughout your entire being.
Old 18-05-2023, 12:22 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
It's interesting. I wouldn't call any of it "new age" necessarily. It's more like the new age took ideas from very old traditions and philosophies. A lot of it, I feel and knowing what I know now, stems from Buddism, Hinduism, etc... or at least a lot of what I personally learned and experienced.

I have also found this the ironic. I hear so many Christians referring to yoga and meditation as "New Age" when it's literally older than Christianity. I didn't used to believe there was a spiritual war going on, but I have come to believe this a lot more in recent years, especially with some of the more recent technological advances...
Old 18-05-2023, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallVoice
I have also found this the ironic. I hear so many Christians referring to yoga and meditation as "New Age" when it's literally older than Christianity.
I've heard that early Christians did actually meditate, too, though I don't know how true that is. I think some of them are prejudiced against it simply because it's a practice that's associated with other religions, and some have some weird preconceptions about it - my older sister (a Christian) believes that it can lead to demonic possession or something like that, says she's seen videos of it happening. I told her that I've meditated for ten years and never experienced anything like that, but apparently it's something that Christians are more susceptible to (some Christians seem to have a weird persecution complex that they appear to revel in).

Erm, so yeah...