Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-03-2023, 08:50 PM
Pathfinder

Embracing even the parts you don't like.

Hi everyone. Something important I learned about spirituality is that not all of it is perfect. Sometimes in our lives we have to have experiences we don't like. I think it's equally important to embrace these along with the experiences we do like.
It may be very hard to do but I don't think being spiritual means "having positive experiences all the time." This is why I think that embracing all of it is the only way one really achieves enlightenment.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 27-03-2023, 09:28 PM
Master

I think that "embracing" is too much, and even detrimental. "Recognizing and learning from" is a more appropriate attitude.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-03-2023, 10:00 PM
Master

i think sometimes ya gotta make it worse to make it better...
Old 28-03-2023, 09:01 AM
Master
If you can see into your demons; that is what I call the things which torment us, we can turn those demons into angels, or experiences which can benefit us. Just because I don’t like something does not mean that something is bad. The art of human alchemy is transforming the undesirable into the desirable. It is a process which takes time.

The nature of our passage through life depends on the quality of our attitude, the clarity of our intention, and the steadfastness of our will. We should be certain that we are not just suffering over our suffering. Lessons come in many shapes and forms, and learning from our suffering, in my opinion, is much better then suffering over our suffering.

Any part of me that I don’t like is still a part of me. I was totally blind for about 5-years; lost my eyesight in Vietnam, and went through more then a dozen eye surgeries to get my eyesight back. I could have gone catatonic and withdrawn but, after my initial freak out, I decided to learn from my blindness, and that learning took me to a much deeper level.
Old 28-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Master

Yes, the spiritual journey is not all bliss and kisses. We get to see everything within ourselves. It all gets pushed to the surface into conscious awareness, which may require going through all sorts of experiences.

And as we become aware of our weaknesses we may beat ourselves over the head for being spiritual failures. Or we can learn to accept that we have certain tendencies and we can try to do something about them.

And the more we can accept whatever is within us without judging, the less we judge other people for their apparent failings. We are all humans doing our best to deal with our limitations.

And maybe one day we look back over the decades and realise that where we are now is very different from where we used to be. It has all been a learning process.

Peace
Old 28-03-2023, 07:19 PM
Administrator
Sometimes Spirituality can seem more of a curse than a Blessing.
that happens to be the way a lot of people see it.
But it is how you deal with it that is important.

Namaste
Old 28-03-2023, 09:22 PM
Master
When it comes to experiences we don't like and experiences we like, I like this saying: The good news is, this will pass; the bad news is, this will pass.
Old 29-03-2023, 12:36 AM
Master
Once you apply labels to what is as it is, the mind/body creates more suffering than has to be.

It’s ok if course to look on the bright side of life, but everything you are will in its own time rise to meet you, even if you try to bypass it.
Old 29-03-2023, 04:41 AM
Master

Love that quote Gem! Brilliant.
Old 06-04-2023, 03:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

And as we become aware of our weaknesses we may beat ourselves over the head for being spiritual failures. Or we can learn to accept that we have certain tendencies and we can try to do something about them.

Peace

Iamthat,

A good post….thanks. If we deem the truth to be important then the recognition of our limitations is a gift and an important step in the right direction. In the Bible the word ‘metanoia’ is translated as ‘repent’. Metanoia literally means to change/transform the mind. In humbling ourselves by admitting our failures we become targets for the grace of God. Specifically Luke 7:47….”But he who has been forgiven little loves little.” It is our recognition and admission of sin(limitations) that opens the door for the inflow of love.