Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-02-2023, 10:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

Actually, why don’t you post a few more quotes from him or Netzsche. I’m sure some people here would enjoy them. I know I would.

Redchic12,

I appreciate your interest…..it is a temptation to honor your request. The nature of quotes is that quotes should be absorbed singly to be properly absorbed. However this one quote from Kierkegaard seems to fit with what I am saying…being this:

“I found I had less to say, until finally, I became silent, and began to listen. I discovered in the silence, the voice of God..”

I find this a good time to take good counsel……😊
Old 17-02-2023, 07:49 AM
Master

Omg I just love that quote!

But funny enough that describes Exactly what has been happening to me so I know there is much truth in that statement.

Here’s another lovely little quote from Ajan Chah:

If you can’t improve on silence then don’t open your mouth.

Ya gotta laugh hey but much truth in that one as well.

Thank you so much for that.
Old 24-02-2023, 10:05 PM
Master

I just wish we kept fur as we evolved as it covers up wrinkles as we age. Be nice if our entire body and faces were covered in fur like a cat. Then we would pretty much look like we did at 20 at 80. I think hair-less cats was a bad idea.

I think aging exists to make the transition to the after life easier. The body gets old and worn out and it doesn't work well anymore so we are more willing to leave the body.

I think moving from life to life is great because it would be terrible to be stuck in the same one if you got a bad one for an incarnation. I got a body that can't eat dairy so I have to go a whole life time without pizza. That makes me ready to start over with a body that can eat pizza. It's terrible to not be able to eat pizza.
Old 25-02-2023, 03:59 AM
Master

funny i was thinking again today about that red and hairy guy in the bible, I suppose we think it an aberattion but then again we were told we DID fall... so maybe we are supposed to have red skin and be hairy if we weren't so stubborn about getting what we 'want' instead of what we 'are'?

on another post you said something about in the future someone would think your beliefs silly, well I've already got people thinking I'm silly (or maybe crazy is a better word) lol...

I remember lives where I went off and essentially was bigfoot, seems like this was in the north lol... so i think you can grow hair if you will let yourself be chilly... i did also notice that with my computer on my lap my leg is less hairy, I associate it with the heat lol...

on the dairy, well, you can change stuff like that if you go to a lot of effort,
but still, I think it better to not be doing stuff I don't want to be doing just to get something that seems slightly nice, so I'm just as happy with what i've got even though it is uncomfortable, and then there is the 'another life another body and lets do something a little different' thing too.

i was wondering if aging isn't a blessing rather than a curse... but... we don't get to continue on the way we've always been going and don't wish to be outcast either, so we just give up and die instead of trying to learn something new.

but i believe a lot of silly things I suppose...
Old 25-02-2023, 06:33 AM
Master
For any being whether they are God or not it is death that is the ultimate challenge.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-02-2023, 02:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
For any being whether they are God or not it is death that is the ultimate challenge.

Articulate what the challenge is,,,,,
Old 25-02-2023, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Articulate what the challenge is,,,,,

Tough question. I guess it is to outlive it. Does death not strike us all down eventually? Any spiritual existence has to survive through death too. I wonder if there are any states of being above and beyond it.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.