Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-10-2021, 02:44 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
God is the one who gives spirit……we have no role in developing spirit.

I am a triad being consisting of Body, Soul, and Spirit. The body is created from the universal elements and must return to the elements from which it is created. The Soul is the divine animating principle that pervades the entire universe, activating all within, and like the elements, the soul must also return to the ‘GREAT THOUGHT’ which is made manifest as this visible universe.

While the Spirit is the invisible mind which is the ‘I Am,’ that is imprinted upon the eternal universal Soul, which Soul must return to the ‘GREAT THOUGHT,’ with or without the ‘I Am,’ that is either accepted into the GREAT THOUGHT, or rejected, and if rejected, it is separated from the eternal Soul and ceases to exist.

“YOU,” as a human being, are Body, Soul and Spirit, but “YOU” the invisible mind, are spirit.

The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul, [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and pre-human has been gathered in its evolution to become ‘WHO YOU ARE’, and that gathering of parental spirits, which is the evolving ‘SON OF MAN,’ dwells behind the veil of the flesh to the inner most sanctuary of its temporary earthly tabernacle or tent, which is your physical body, as it awaits the creation of its glorious temple of incorruptible Light. [THE SON OF MAN] who stands on the highest and final rung of the ladder of evolution in this period of universal activity.

For Just as mankind developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, so too, the Son of Man develops within the body of EVE, who has become the androgynous body of Mankind.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality or “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body.

Then of the Thee in Me who works behind The veil,
I lifted up my hands to find A lamp amid the Darkness;
and I heard, As from Without----
“The Me within Thee is blind.”----- By Omar Khayyam.

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body of “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU, the mind or spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force or soul, which returns to ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT,’ [The collective consciousness of all that exists] from which it will be resurrected in this cycle, or the next cycle of universal activity. Unless of course, the information=spirit that is “YOU” has condemned ‘WHO YOU ARE’ and ‘WHO YOU ARE’ having being condemned by ‘YOU’, is then divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death.

For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul. Hebrews 4: 12.---------“For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit.”

Peace
Old 19-03-2023, 10:11 PM
Knower

Has anyone else here ever wondered, as I have on occasion, what becomes of babies and other small children who die prematurely but not 'in Christ,' which would pretty much account for all of them? Are such ones doomed to Hell?

Although all of us would like to believe that every child who dies goes to heaven, there are those who feel it unfair that there would be innate sinners whom God would treat preferentially simply on account of their age.

The Bible clearly teaches that in order for one to be saved, a person must acknowledge Christ as his or her redeemer. The average infant and pre-adolescent, lacking in the intellectual maturity required of one to do this in sincerity and full understanding, thus seems to be as ones living in a damnatory spiritual condition. It is a thought I find abhorrent, however much it appears to be the case as perceived from a theological standpoint.

Granted, the Scriptures are not specific as to the fate of toddlers and other youngsters born into non-Christian faiths and secular households, yet for anyone who's scripturally literate, it isn't difficult to read between the biblical lines. Such is why infant baptism is practiced among certain Christian denominations, even if this may only amount to a token gesture on the part of the parents, a superficial and meaningless display in the grand scheme of things. In the end, only God knows whether these types of baptisms are counted as worthy of his acceptance.

As a somewhat related aside, one hears of Bible-believing mothers and fathers who fear for the eternal souls of their kids whose special needs prevent them from consciously welcoming Jesus into their lives.

On a more positive note and in complete contrast to this are the numerous accounts of (non-religious) children who, during an NDE, describe encountering the Heavenly Father and Jesus upon crossing over the threshold. This is how it should be, however contrary to scriptural teaching these case reports may be viewed. (Then again, consider what is recorded at Matthew 19:14, a verse which seems to suggest the Judge of All may in fact be an ageist, one partial towards non-adults.)

And, yet, if God is truly loving, shouldn't people of all ages -- not just 'sinful' innocents -- be granted a free pass into heaven, as well?
Old 19-03-2023, 11:32 PM
Master

there is a difference, between doing something, and being old enough to coherently say the words that mean you are doing that something.

that is how I see it anyway.
Old 20-03-2023, 07:14 AM
Master
Babies who are born/unborn and young children who are unable to accept or reject Christ are not held accountable for their actions.
Imo.....
Old 20-03-2023, 08:46 AM
Master

Totally agree with Sky.
Old 20-03-2023, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
Has anyone else here ever wondered, as I have on occasion, what becomes of babies and other small
children who die prematurely but not 'in Christ,' which would pretty much account for all of them?
No. Never once in my entire life.
I trust God's love. (As opposed to the nutty things taught by men.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
The Bible clearly teaches that in order for one to be saved, a person must acknowledge Christ as his or her redeemer.

I'm not sure I would say "the bible" teaches that. The bible is made up of many books and letters and sources written by different people at different times. Saul of Tarsus, a Pharisee and Roman citizen, later known as Paul the Apostle and later known as Saint Paul taught that. As Saul, he participated in the persecution of early disciples of Jesus in the area of Jerusalem before his conversion. He approved of the execution of Stephen.

According to the Acts of the Apostles, Stephen was a deacon in the early Church at Jerusalem who angered members of various Jewish synagogues by his teachings. Accused of blasphemy at his trial, he made a speech denouncing the Jewish authorities who were sitting in judgment on him [Acts 7:51–53] and was then stoned to death. Saul of Tarsus, later known as Saint Paul, participated in that.

What did Jesus say about such things?

Mark 10:14 “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

Jesus was asked what one must do to have eternal life:

From Mark 10

“Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone

Jesus said to then follow the commandments, don't murder or steal, etc then said "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

Jesus asked him to physically join his group and follow him around as he taught. After giving everything he had to the poor.

Some try to do this now days, by becoming monks without any possessions and serving the poor.

Jesus also referred to God here:

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

So there Jesus did not say to enter the kingdom of heaven one must believe in him, Jesus said they had to do the will of the Father or God.
Old 20-03-2023, 07:40 PM
Master

Jesus basically said one must do good works. Good actions. Helping the poor. Following the commandments. Do God's will. Love others as yourself. Love your enemies. Saint Paul and the early church emphasized belief in Jesus. Thus set up the early huge debates in the church about what was required to enter the kingdom of heaven, works or belief.
Old 20-03-2023, 11:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
So there Jesus did not say to enter the kingdom of heaven one must believe in him, Jesus said they had to do the will of the Father or God.
i agree with that. But I find it hard to decipher what god wants. Too many people trying to tell me what it is who don't know anything about him...
Old 21-03-2023, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i agree with that. But I find it hard to decipher what god wants. Too many people trying to tell me what it is who don't know anything about him...
I'll tellya right now what He wants -You and your love and He will wait for eternity for it.
Tall or short, Jew or Gentile. :) From my personal, up-close experience...I think it was 2008? I get so many mixed up sometimes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru