Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 03-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I thought his explanation of the difference between aroused kundalini and awakened kundalini was interesting, especially the concept of an awakened kundalini "lasting for several incarnations pulling you towards sadhana (spiritual practice) over and over again until you are liberated." Powerful idea.

Yes, I find that very interesting as well.

Kundalini is consciousness. The realization that you are that energy.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
Pg 133.

Abhinavagupta continues to insist that manifestation really occurs

within the Supreme:

Everything whatsoever which is said in the secret books sacred to Siva-Rudra

etc. arises from this reality. That form indeed, which bestows the lowest and

the highest powers, all that is obtained in the thirty-six principles. Selfreferential

consciousness constitutes the life of those thirty-six principles.

The cognizable objects which are the inert aspects form, so to speak, its body.

That consciousness is found in the blessed Goddess, and therefore she is able

to bestow everything. This is the threefold manifestation, which has the

phoneme A as its root, and ends in the phoneme KSA. That manifestation

is in the abode of the Ultimate A, has its beginning in the Ultimate A, and

finally therein comes to repose in the very Siva. Therefore, by that knowledge,

the true nature of the Ultimate, of the Vibration, comes to be well known.

Which is to say, that the Ultimate is only that, i.e. the entire srsti is really only

the Ultimate A. Thus, the Power which abides in the Heart is, above all,

formed of an undivided self-referential consciousness. Then, that Power,

by its own innate freedom formed of the Ultimate A, turns itself into distinct

cognitions whose form is the kaulikasiddhi. This has been decisively ascertained

in all the tantra-s such as the Siva, Rudra. Rahasya, etc.42

The entire manifestation is nothing other than the Ultimate. Abhinavagupta

puts this in a slightly different way in the TA:

The powerful movements of manifestation and reabsorption are nothing

more than the Emission of the Lord. The level of the Emissional is a projection of the Self, from the Self, in the Self.43
Old 10-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Master
The following is an amazing description of the process of realizing oneness.

When the yogin begins to expand the face or sphere of consciousness, all the channels of the senses flow into the inner circle (cakra). Then the channels of the senses forcibly expand with an expansion whose nature is the absence of the variety or differences of the objects of sense. The multiplicity of objects, such as blue, yellow, the relationship of subject and object, and so forth, begin at once to disappear because they are in a state of expectancy facing towards consciousness.

At that very moment, by means of the mudra which bestows direct experience and which he obtained from the tradition that stems from the very mouth of the yogini, he seals the All. The yogin directly relaxes into the direct experience of Bhairava in the form of consciousness, the ruler of All. That yogin, filled with wonder attains knowledge of his own Self.

The water-tank is empty even if it is joined with a quantity of water swelling up with various objects. The water which is found in the tank cannot pour forth from there elsewhere. It is incompetent to fill the tank even with continued exertion. But when, because of the liquid that results from the shower of rain which falls into the essence of the door of the inner portion, the tank is filled quite full, then the streams of water flow fully in all directions. Thus, because of the violent force of its own light, consciousness begins to manifest itself.

If even for an instant the sense objects would all together turn to repose in consciousness, which illuminates all things as being non-different from itself, then maya disappears and the plane of Bhairava shines forth brilliantly.
Old 19-05-2017, 06:39 AM
Master
Namaste.

This is totally different to what I was taught...not saying there's anything wrong here...it's just different.

The abode of Shiva is said to exist at the centre of the Sahasrara Chakra - the Crown Chakra.

The abode of Shakti is said to exist at the Mooladhara Chakra, Root Chakra, coiled 3 and a half times around the lingam residing there.

When the Goddess, full of energy awakens and ascends the Meru Danda, She unites with Shiva at the Crown, showering the yogi with nectar and bliss, leading to the process of Samadhi.

I always thought/was taught that the Crown was the site of their union and this was the realm of chaitanya or pure consciousness.

This is the more classic explanation I was fed anyway.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 21-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Namaste.

This is totally different to what I was taught...not saying there's anything wrong here...it's just different.

The abode of Shiva is said to exist at the centre of the Sahasrara Chakra - the Crown Chakra.
Abhinavagupta is more describing what that experience is like, to be One with Siva to go beyond the local mind.

On a personal note the journey doesn't end with the opening of the crown. Beyond the crown and the 7 chakras opening the next step is them unifying and with that comes the realization of emptiness of self, a realization of oneness but one still has not moved beyond the local mind. It becomes a process of expanding ones being an ever increasing state of clarity/oneness.

It is a oneness that can be shared anywhere, anytime with anyone that is open.
Old 22-05-2017, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Abhinavagupta is more describing what that experience is like, to be One with Siva to go beyond the local mind.

On a personal note the journey doesn't end with the opening of the crown. Beyond the crown and the 7 chakras opening the next step is them unifying and with that comes the realization of emptiness of self, a realization of oneness but one still has not moved beyond the local mind. It becomes a process of expanding ones being an ever increasing state of clarity/oneness.

It is a oneness that can be shared anywhere, anytime with anyone that is open.
Namaste and thank you.

I get it now - it's the love you feel when it happens.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 22-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Master
Vijnana Bhairava Tantra (my ultimate and favourite resource):

14–17. Mystical ecstasy isn’t subject to dualistic thought, it is completely free from any notion of location, space, or time. This truth can only be touched by experience. It can only be reached by those entirely freed from duality and ego, and firmly, fully established in the consciousness of the Self. This state of Bhairava is filled with the pure bliss of unity between tantrika and the universe. Only this state is the Shakti. In the reality of one’s own nature thus recognized, containing the entire universe, one reaches the highest sphere. Who then could be worshipped? Who then could be fulfilled by this worship? Only this condition recognized as supreme is the great Goddess.

18–19. Since there is no difference between the Shakti and the one who embodies her, nor between substance and object, the Shakti is identical to the Self. The energy of the flames is nothing but the fire. All distinction is but a prelude to the path of true knowledge.

20–21. The one who reaches the Shakti grasps the nondistinction between Shiva and Shakti and enters the door to the divine. As space is recognized when illuminated by sun rays, so Shiva is recognized through the energy of Shakti, which is the essence of the Self.

22–23. Bhairavi: O supreme Shiva! You who bears a trident and a garland of skulls, how to reach the absolute plenitude of the Shakti that transcends all notions, all descriptions and abolishes time and space? How to realize this nonseparation from the universe? In what sense is it said that the supreme Shakti is the secret door to the state of Bhairava? Can you answer in common language these absolute questions?

24. Bhairava: The supreme Shakti reveals herself when inbreath and outbreath are born and die at the two extreme points, top and bottom. Thus, between two breaths, experience infinite space.

124. Understand that the spatial reality of Bhairava is present in every thing, in every being, and be this reality.

125. Happiness resides in equality between extreme feelings. Reside in your own heart and attain to plenitude.

126. Free yourself from hatred as well as from attachment. Then, knowing neither aversion nor bond, slip into the divine inside your own heart.

Siva's Triadic Heart is symbolised by the Trishul He holds.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 22-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Master
Vijnana Bhairava Tantra is written by the Kashmir Shaivism tradition.

Very good stuff.

Thank you.
Old 29-05-2017, 04:20 AM
Master
Namaste...now isn't this interesting...

I was just looking at the Mahavairocana Sutra and comparing it to Vijnana Bhairava Tantra.

I have always been very interested in the differences/similarities between Bhairava and Vairochana seeing as how, linguistically they come from the same Indo-Aryan etymological root word.

I was reading about the Adi Buddha (Vairochana) and saw him meditating before a small stupa, which for all the world looked like a Shiva Lingam...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vairocana

So, in the Tantric teachings of Buddhism, there is Mahakala:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mah%C4...Bernakchen.jpg

In the Tantric teachings of Hinduism, there is Bhairava:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhaira...ndu,_Nepal.jpg

Quote:
Now, I, Vairocana Buddha am sitting atop a lotus pedestal; On a thousand flowers surrounding me are a thousand Sakyamuni Buddhas. Each flower supports a hundred million worlds; in each world a Sakyamuni Buddha appears. All are seated beneath a Bodhi-tree, all simultaneously attain Buddhahood. All these innumerable Buddhas have Vairocana as their original body.
- Brahma Sutra

Yeah...pretty confusing...then again, I'm pretty much fully absorbed in Shiva Bliss right now.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 29-05-2017, 05:14 AM
Master
Oh...my...God!

My hand is being Divinely guided in my internet searches today.

I found out all about Vairochana vs Bhairava and the spread of Tantra from India to Nepal and then to Indonesia.

I had wondered about the Shiva Lingam at Candi Sukuh for SO long and I probably heard the tale when I was very young, but I forgot all about it...because what I am reading now is opening the flood gates to a past-life experience here:

https://books.google.com.au/books?id...rocana&f=false

OMG...the origins of Tantra!!! what I was taught and raised into!!!

*goes and reads that book to re-acquaint myself with all this again...it's been a while.

Om Namah Shivaya