Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 10-08-2023, 10:47 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

There is a lot of literature on the subconscious mind. What you feed your subconscious opens the gates to a different existence, you can reinvent yourself, you are anyway.

You are on a programme, a reel of today like yesterday.

It takes a lot though, you have to feel the change, and act like its already happened. For instance, going to a cashpoint and seeing a million quid, and feeling what that would feel like.

And before going to the cashpoint knowing its already there.
Old 10-08-2023, 09:04 PM
Seeker
I love this and reading this really helps reflect and inspire my own situation , is this the power of manifestation from what you’re subconsciously taught even through meditation - helping mould the mind beyond and push new capabilities . I do believe in the power of positive thinking and loving each day , motivation in good life practices, believing is achieving , making a belief a reality
Old 12-08-2023, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Something we never discuss.
And that is the importance of the unconsciousness and our own subconscious mind.

Some words are relatively new in origin.

One language surprised me in that they did not have a word for "FREE". So what they did was adapt the English word "Free". It is interesting to here those native people speak and use our word that sounds like our word Free.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 13-08-2023, 07:38 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
And that is the importance of the unconsciousness and our own subconscious mind. Religion does not mention it.

"What Is Alaya-Vijnana [Storehouse Consciousness]?

The alaya-vijnana is the foundation or basis of all consciousness, and it contains impressions of all of our past actions. These impressions, sankhara, form bija, or "seeds," and from these seeds, our thoughts, opinions, desires, and attachments grow. The alaya-vijnana forms the basis of our personalities as well."

https://www.learnreligions.com/alaya...ousness-449659

__/\__
Old 16-08-2023, 02:15 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
In many cases what is hidden from our conscious mind is a protection for us…..why dig up the past ?

It seems to me that some religious teachings and practices were developed as an anecdote to how the unconscious (or Storehouse Consciousness as referenced by AnotherBob) operates in the human heart/mind. While the collection of beliefs, experiences, or karma held in the unconscious may have a temporary effect of protection, in many cases they do impact our present actions in ways that create more suffering – mostly in unintended and misunderstood ways. Sure, running over the past can be counterproductive and a waste of time if the exercise is used to further entrench resentment and suffering. But when used to examine and transform present difficulties and harms, exposing the unconscious can be useful.

Practices to make the unconscious conscious or eliminate harmful karma or “original sin,” (and/or associated concepts from other traditions) seem to me a way of peeling back the layers so that we begin to understand what we think is not what we are and can approach a level of awareness unclouded by the flotsam and jetsam of the subconscious. Whether it’s western psychology or religious/spiritual traditions, I feel like they all take a stab at either managing or unpacking the unconscious – they just call it something else.
Old 25-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Master

it has been referenced that people prefer to 'live in darkness' than to face the truth of what they are actually doing to themselves and each other... and some of the teachings seem to be about what those who decide not to live that way have discovered instead...
Old 31-08-2023, 01:57 AM
Pathfinder

I use Active Imagination, used to do it more but I am picking it back up.

The sub conscious is a little upset at the moment , used to be hostile place to visit to some degree and I suppose. Learned about an issue that I had not known had gotten vastly out of hand and resulted in parts of my mind turning into literal monsters that after talking to them and finding out at least part of the issue they had begun to turn back to a human shape but still looked like the dead. Whatever it was happened in the late teens and very early 20s as the shape the fragment took was myself at that age, something of me got stuck there and what most people do today as something they did not think about being bad actually was making it far, far worse.

Found out what my world view was summed up in a very, very well done but vulgar package. The subconscious does not pull punches and cuts to the point in the most understandable way possible. Though due to the vulgar nature of the last third of the conversation I had with part of myself I balk the idea of giving details of it.

I have to think hard about some things I have seen with-in, something of a companion that is also forward movement taking on something of a demonic appearance but was decidedly happy to that I can back around and spoke to me for the first time instead of well speaking with movement and gestures.

Parts of my mind are exceedingly vicious if they feel you are wasting their time but with be back to neutral in actual but display a happy attitude to see me on the next visit.

Also never forget that the ego is the smallest part of the mind.

Last thing. My idea of manifestation. The ego feeds the subconscious through actions , words and how they take a view on things even if not shown outwardly or spoken about and then the subconscious builds apon the ego what the ego fed the subconscious. It is a circle. If you act and think a certain way then the subconscious will do what it can to make that happen and it knows far more then you. Faith can move mountains , both literally and figuratively.

I would love to talk about this more but I sometimes worry that I might over stay my welcome as it were. Very rare I get the chance to utter a single word in spoken or text about this and I tend to worry I might say something dumb.
Old 06-09-2023, 04:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizwold
I would love to talk about this more but I sometimes worry that I might over stay my welcome as it were. Very rare I get the chance to utter a single word in spoken or text about this and I tend to worry I might say something dumb.

Your post was very interesting.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.