Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-03-2023, 10:59 AM
Master
hazada guess, it is my opinion that not only the Bible but many other spiritual writings can be interpreted in many different ways. Most of the time I defer to my experience but sometimes I read so-called “holy books” to see how they match my experience.

All of us will definitely find out the truth; what we are doing here is mainly belief and speculation. I feel a need to get away from my computer for a while, so I am going offline but I have enjoyed our conversation.

Peace
Old 09-03-2023, 01:44 PM
Guide

Me too starman,take care.
Old 09-03-2023, 08:15 PM
Administrator
Starman speaks a lot of sense

Namaste
Old 25-08-2023, 07:52 AM
Seeker

I believe the soul is the ethereal substance
a non-material spark – particular to a unique living being.
what you say
Old 15-11-2023, 02:33 AM
Newbie ;)

What Is the Soul?

Hi!

Your question is related to the question I am investigating at the moment. I don't have a definitive answer yet. I am currently reading a translation of Aristotle's On the Soul and it's a really tough read. I have also read Dr. Michael Newton's Journey of Souls. From his research into past lives using hypno-regression therapy, I get the idea that the soul is pure energy and light. His report of his findings sort of dovetail with an idea postulated by certain early Greek philosophers, and later by Emerson, that the soul's ultimate purpose is to return to its place of origin. Or, to put it terms of Neo's task in The Matrix trilogy, to return to the Source. But before it can do so, it must first learn and experience things.

I heartily recommend reading Newton. You can find his books on Amazon and they're not very expensive.

Hope this is helpful!

Aurelius Fan
Old 15-11-2023, 02:38 AM
Newbie ;)

Sounds very much like what Aristotle said.
Old 17-11-2023, 03:37 PM
Master
QUOTE 75 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius Fan
I have also read Dr. Michael Newton's Journey of Souls. From his research into past lives using hypno-regression therapy, I get the idea that the soul is pure energy and light.

... the soul's ultimate purpose is to return to its place of origin.
I have researched this question for many years with sages of various wisdom traditions throughout almost 50 countries. My understanding is consistent with yours. In the very concise words of the Sufi Mystic Hazrat Inayat Khan,"the soul is energy loaded with consciousness".

Regarding the "return to its place of origin", Michael Newton raises a very interesting point in the conclusions of his book with very insightful implications regarding the "place of origin" or "the Source".

Reread page 275. "In a remarkable underlying message, particularly from ADVANCED subjects, the possibility is held out that the God-oversoul of 'our' universe is on a less-than-perfect level......we might exist as one single dimensioned universe out of many, each having its own creator governing at a different level of proficiency in levels similar to the progression of souls seen in this book." (That point is consistent with my meditations and discussions with my own spiritual mentor. )