Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-05-2023, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I suggest that both are necessary. Too many rules and regulations is restrictive. A complete lack of rules and regulations leads to chaos.
Absolutely! Without the masculine the feminine could not really manifest anything much. And the masculine needs a bit of the feminine too. You can see that clearly in the Yin & Yang symbol. Neither are 100% resp. masc or fem.
For men it's crucial to get in balance with their inner feminine, for women with their inner masculine. What Jung called the resp. Anima and Animus.
Without that inner balance you get the unhealthy version of Anima or Animus expressing itself which is very unpleasant and does no one any good.

Quote:
Perhaps a part of this process will be to stop attributing blame for the imbalances of the past. It has all been part of human learning.
Agree with that too. Maybe some things seem to be blame, but it's not. Simply observations of how things went, were, are etc.

Quote:
And those who currently blame men for all the problems of the world might incarnate next time round in a male body to experience the other side of the coin.
Not sure I agree or disagree with this.
Personally I see more men blaming women. Not in real life as in my country we apparently are already a bit further in the process, although not entirely there yet. But I come across this online an awful, coming from US men. Now this could be different in various regions of the US or maybe even occur among certain ages, don't know. But since I do not come across it in life in my country it stood out to me like a sore thumb.
Generally speaking men don't bounce back from loss (divorce/break up is also loss) as easily -if at all- as women. Which again is logical as the feminine principle (notice I do not say 'women'!!) is used to dealing with loss, death & birth, dealing with emotions & feelings. This is the arena of the feminine, not the masculine, so I think that's why generally women bounce back easier than men from setbacks & loss. Again, generally, as this won't go for everyone this way.

Quote:
Let us not get too hung up on the gender of the body we are currently inhabiting. It is a brief experience in a long history of experiences - maybe when we finally let go of the body we will wonder what all the fuss was about.
Peace
The feminine & masculine isn't about a body per say although of course it leads back to that as the body is what regulates all this with hormones etc. and these substances also shape a body into either male or female.
But don't forget the whole idea of being on Earth is to learn to deal with being in a physical body!! If we were meant to deal with energy being only we wouldn't have incarnated here!
The whole learning school Earth was created after the fall of Lemuria, on request by millions of Souls, to have a chance to experience life in a physical body! So contrary to what you suggest this is actually the entire goal!
BEing in a body comes with many things that cannot be experienced without one, hence the importance of it: pain, lust, hunger, illness, sexual pleasure, touch, smell, seeing, dying, being born, being in the womb, being pregnant, having an orgasm, being abused, hearing, feeling (wind, sun, sand, rain on your skin etc.), dipping in water and so on and so forth.

None of that can be experienced without a body which is the whole point!! So many are trying or thinking it's about overcoming the body, it is not! It's about becoming whole, fulfilled, ascend, living from the Heart & Love WHILE being in a body.
Meaning we had/have a helluva lot of challenges to overcome to get there. It's way easier without a body and that has been done before many times in many dimensions and places. Doing it in a physical body is unique, which is why tons of Souls wish to incarnate here on Earth.

So you see, it's not about overcoming the body, living to achieve that. It doesn't take work to do that. All you have to do is die and you're energy-only again
Waste of time to try to get there. You will, eventually, when you make your transition, which will happen whether you do something or not. What's the point of pursuing something you will get regardless, something that's just going back to where you came from and will eventually go again without effort (when you die)? That's like chasing after your own tail. It's pointless and meaningless!
The big challenge is to do and achieve ascension (living from the Heart & Love) while IN a body! While dealing with all the challenges and distractions.
Now that is one helluva challenge! That is what we all should set as goal, not 'overcoming the body' as that's not the reason for being here.

As for the gender of the body and the importance of that... it was deliberately chosen to be that way -men & women- as this is a very powerful incentive to grow, evolve, learn, develop. This is because the attraction between the genders rouses the desire to be together and that can only happen in a good, healthy way when both genders rise above primal instincts. Otherwise we would still be at the level of the stronger caveman male dragging a woman by her hair into his cave to rape her to create offspring, leave her to fend for herself during pregnancy and so on and so forth.
The craving to become whole again is what stirs growth, learning, evolving, and the craving comes forth from splitting into a feminine & masculine part (Twin Rays).
So having genders is crucial to our ascension process! And that again makes the body extremely important, both the male & female body. Without it there'd be no ascension, just violence and chaos, no love, no hope, and we likely would've gone extinct yonks ago.
Thinking about it, since having genders and different bodies is crucial to our evolution as a species, having these bodies is the Nr1 prerequisite of human life on Earth!
Go figure how important our female & male bodies are. Without them this entire learning school Earth couldn't and wouldn't exist, nor would we.

Old 21-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Master
I wish to say that I am really happy so many are posting in this topic! We may not all have the same views, nothing wrong with that.
I love reading your posts, and appreciate your input and taking an interest in the subject/topic.
Learnt a number of new things, for instance on the Adam & Eve story, Torah, etc. It's always good to broaden the mind

So regardless of us seeing eye to eye on the subject, thank you all for your input! Keep it coming, hihi.

Old 21-05-2023, 12:41 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

That perception of female emotionality, according to lots of men, set them a part from females and in their perception, higher then females. Women were not allowed to attend college for many centuries, and still can not do so in places like Afghanistan. Because men thought that women were intellectually inferior.

Starman,

Those might be the stated reasons but the unstated reason could be fear of competition and fear of being exposed as not being demonstrably superior. This same dynamic has been at play historically against Jews and now Asians. In these cases being ethnic discrimination as opposed to gender discrimination. As far as Afghanistan I could talk for some time about lack of work ethic in the Middle East.
Old 21-05-2023, 01:28 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Molearner, that is why I said it was a religious myth, but I have found many Christians, especially Fundamentalists and those in the U.S. Bible belt (Southeast) who literally believe that Eve corrupted Adam.

Starman,

Speculations are interesting and yes I can see it as a myth. A myth has the advantage of being able to shrink time……making something appear to happen in a relatable length of time for us instead of eons of time in reality.

The significant thing for me about the Garden was the moment they realized that they were naked….it is hard not to accept that as being the symbolic birth of the ego…..meaning separation from God. The actual percepitating cause is of less interest to me other than to say it had to be an act of disobedience to God.

People should remember that in the Garden there were 2 trees….the Tree of Life and the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Some can understand these 2 trees as being opposites. Meaning the tree of the knowledge of good and evil could be seen as the ‘tree of death’. The life of polarity is dependent on death. We read later that access to the tree of life was guarded to prevent men from reaching out and taking so that they could have eternal life. The significant thing is the prevention of ‘taking’ making it obvious that it can only be given. It is a narrow path to the Tree of Life..
Old 21-05-2023, 05:20 PM
Master
Molearder, in my opinion, myths have a way of becoming truths for lots of people, and I feel like what is contained in many cultures and societies around the world, that are taken as truth today, began as myths.

The Christian Bible talks about two trees but the Hebrew Bible, also called The Tanakh, only refers to one tree, The Tree of Life. The two trees referred to in the Adam and Eve story are external trees here on Earth in the “Garden of Eden,” while The Tree of Life referred to in The Hebrew Bible and also The Kabbalah, is an internal tree which is a part of our intrinsic being.

In my opinion a lot of what is referred to in spiritual texts are internal and not external, but lots of believers take it as being external. Every religion believes that their way of seeing things is the way that things should be viewed. I studied comparative religions, beginning back in the 1970’s, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, and I looked for the similarities in their teachings and not the differences. I felt like they are all saying the same thing only using different words and models to describe it.

Most religions talk about a great coming battle in this world, the Hindus Mahabratta, the Christians Armageddon, The Muslims Jihad, etc. but my interpretation is that these are references to internal battles, battles between the heart and the mind; which I feel can be the greatest battle of all. Many different religions talk about the coming of a messiah, although they call that messiah by different names and attributes.

Personally I think it is important to go beyond the various religious texts. Truth, in my opinion, is something that everyone must experience for themselves. I use the various scriptures from different religions for my mind to relate to various spiritual experiences that I have had, which are beyond words. But for me what we call spiritual masters, or spiritual texts, are only references. Talking about a meal may cause me to salivate but it is only in actually eating that meal which will remove my hunger.
Old 21-05-2023, 05:21 PM
Master
Cosmically I feel like there has been and continues to be, a shift in the masculine and feminine aspects of existence. For so long this world has been patriarchal but the shift, which is evident today, has bought lots of females into positions of authority.

One might also say that the shift has been from the mind, a masculine aspect, to the heart, a feminine aspect. More people, especially males, are now getting in touch with their feelings, many are embracing their heart over their mind.

In my opinion this is part of an evolutionary cosmic shift, or it may be the move from what Hindus call “Kali-yuga,” and age of the external senses, to “Sat-yuga,” an age of the true union.
Old 21-05-2023, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
One might also say that the shift has been from the mind, a masculine aspect, to the heart, a feminine aspect. More people, especially males, are now getting in touch with their feelings, many are embracing their heart over their mind.

I can't agree here, it will depend on the individual and also the context said individual is in. Because of cultural beliefs, we just happen to register certain behaviours more whilst ignoring other behaviours, and this further exacerbates our possible faith in this perceived duality, and reasserts these belief systems.

I don't do ''masculine'' and ''feminine''..
There is just the human.
The human can be in touch with his/her feelings.
The human can be outgoing or inwards.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Etc. Etc.
Etc.

Quote:
In my opinion this is part of an evolutionary cosmic shift, or it may be the move from what Hindus call “Kali-yuga,” and age of the external senses, to “Sat-yuga,” an age of the true union.

The so called ''Kali Yuga'' has only just started and isn't supposed to end in a looong time.
Of course, the calculations done (if correct anyway, I don't believe in these 'yuga's') seem pretty 'mental' to me, as math is logical and an intellectual exercise and an attempt to organize and structure the universe. Following popular notions of masc and fem, this would absolutely be a ''masculine'' exercise.
Old 21-05-2023, 05:46 PM
Master
Altair, Different interpretations, I embrace that. Truth to me is a personal experience, it is a matter of perception, and not necessarily something we should agree upon. Once we start agreeing on paradigms, those paradigms tend to become dogma. In my opinion, there is no competition for truth, or reality, so I embrace what you have shared about your views. In my opinion, pros and cons only exist in the mind.

Peace
Old 21-05-2023, 06:10 PM
Master
Perhaps there is no meaningful difference. It's just that calling it this or that isn't my cup of tea, I find it limiting to men and women. One may say ''we are all masc and fem'' but if explored a bit further people show their frustrations about ''men'' or ''women''. Not sure how that serves, we're all human and we have the traits in us, why the categories?
Old 21-05-2023, 11:06 PM
Master
Altair, Now I will contradict myself and agree, why have all the categories. But I do not see masculine and feminine as categories, rather I see them as a particular flow of energy; one is protrusive and the other is receptive.

I concur about categories and feel like we have taken the one presence and fragmented it in our mind into millions of this and that, and then placed a label on each this and that. Even labeling the flow of energy is a mental construct.

But in a forum like this all we have are words to communicate with each other so I make allowances for the words we use to communicate different states of being and flows of energy.

The energy is one but discriminating between hot and cold can be beneficial to our human state of existence. So in this respect categories serve a purpose, one of the dichotomies of existing among varying cosmic frequencies.

My truth is not fixed, it is ever expanding……