Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-06-2023, 10:38 AM
Master
Cultivating vibrant nonchalance

Thoughts appear, shift, disappear, then arise again, in another form.

Let them.

Events manifest, crisis precipitates, in as assumed.

Let it.

It’s not that we are passive. We embrace and release each offered impulse, participating with zest and zeal but with nonchalance, indifferent to the outcome.

Freedom by choice.

Ego (mind-body identity) conjures desires. If not material, maybe spiritual. A seeking, an enableability, a this or that imagined boon or siddhi* (*power)

Time for a laugh!

There is no one here.

In time, making this an ever present orientation, without seeking an escape from life as it is, the fulcrum of our consciousness (being) becomes void-centric.

Vibrant nonchalance. Fullness in emptiness.

The reason I’m posting this, is because I’ve discovered that this non-doing blurs boundaries between Self and ego, with identity finally falling away, enabling recognition of light of Self whilst awake.

There being no identity and therefore no desire, we choose choicelessly, act spontaneously, without fear.

Life is a continuum moment to moment, all moments in time entwined. As such, in my view, whilst a this or that spiritual practice like meditation or yoga has its place, it’s the same actually as eating, drinking, driving etc., if in each activity we fully submerge and emerge, unendingly, leaving behind no residue.

Just sharing.
Old 08-06-2023, 10:40 PM
Master
In reading through I’m interpreting this sharing as no longer being attached from within, to the processors of life as things are. Meaning no matter what’s happening, in full immersion, you dive in fully and rise just as fast? Let those moments in the flow of life keep stripping you back fully to the emptiness/fullness..

If I am interpreting correctly, I do understand this, but I notice in my own process in this way, I can do this with life in so many ways, but I’m still affected by my grandson’s processors, those thoughts and concerns for his life, so it’s revealing to me that my inner child through his reflection, is revisiting/deepening through the stream he represents in me. I’ve already worked through my son and surrendered him to death in me..but those mind/body processors through my grandson obviously represent another direct lineage of letting go..

In sharing this, if you don’t have certain reflections in your life ( I have so many) then how can you gauge these processors of being full immersed and open to allow these reflections to strip you right back to fullness in emptiness?

I’m aware of course what my grandson represents as myself, but I’m thinking many who don’t have certain types of reflections or who are suffering directly with starvation, war, homelessness..those kind of experiences inform me that how I deal and feel, relate my processors, only really bring me in good steed and standing to cope with life as life is.

In many ways riding the waves, to meet life as life is.. ( all life outside of you)

Also..
What do you mean - this non doing blurs boundaries between self and ego?
Old 08-06-2023, 10:41 PM
Deactivated Account

On the bank by the river of thoughts, emotions and impressions, there are no thoughts
I can watch the river flow detached, and dip my toes into it if I so wish
I is the reality, the truth and the thought
Yet I came from the river, I am that fish

And as there is no supply of thoughts, emotions, impressions feels like an end
I have become alone apart from my usual friends (thoughts, impressions, emotions)
Struck by fear that all the air will disappear
And didn't become lifeless, because there was nothing here

I am empty, I am meaningless, life is meaningless
There is no truth, no reality, which is my new truth and reality
I have let go of that which weighs me down, even the ventriloquist
Now there are no opposites, no variances, no duality

But if I am, then I was, then I am not, so nothing here, yet I perceive
And in an instant of deep. Inquiry, through form, self and emptiness i fall
Into my inner heart, wait, the heart of all, and I begin to hear a constant call
Saying I am the bank, I am the river of thought, I am the fish, I am full, I am empty, I am all

Can you feel it my beloved?
Old 09-06-2023, 03:07 AM
Master
@ JustBe ~ in my view, all attachments to objects, animate or inanimate, as also thoughts, relate to ego identity. Nothing wrong with it as momentary indulgence but if we stagnate therein, it is bondage.

Someone we love, in this case the word love meaning attachment to that form, does it not have roots in ‘ownership’, a ‘belonging’, seeking at least recognition if not reciprocation? Knowing each form is dust, made alive by God’s breath, once we know this, we would or should look at spirit indwelling the form and not its outer shell, which is transient and doomed to decay.

There are two of us in here. One is ego identity, to help us navigate earth life, day to day and the other is what we may call at first level soul (yet duality) and yet ‘above’, the Self (singularity). We are where our attention is and all that is, is emanation of Self. However, we are free if we flow without resistance, becoming the pulse of life itself. This requires feeling by touch in wonderment, moment to moment without clinging and without narrow agenda.

A thin film of ego identity retained allows life in body to continue, otherwise the form will die, since our attention would remain rooted in the eternal renewal of light of Self pulsating within itself, feeling complete and in ineffable peace.

As an individuated aspect of Absoluteness, if we can bilocate, being both ‘here’ and ‘there’ simultaneously, where exists identity, where lies attachment, where is bondage?
Old 09-06-2023, 03:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
On the bank by the river of thoughts …

Can you feel it my beloved?
Lovely poem!
Old 09-06-2023, 05:37 AM
Master
Thanks for sharing further.

Yes the bondage definitely is more than passing thoughts and often (for me) reflects a consistent paralysis in relation to my openness and immersion. But then if thoughts in this way are overly consuming then what in myself is consistently stuck in this way?

Im opening this up from a processing state of awareness. Im aware of when and how it’s happening. Im aware of myself in it, but that doesn’t elevate a liberation from it. Yet I believe there is one.

Seeing with eyes of spirit is of course what you’re suggesting.

At a distance we can believe we are not contained, when not directly and fully immersed with all our senses involved. So seeing all life through eyes of gods/spirit view, is easily thought of and as. That’s not hard to do, but the nature of what is as a whole mind/body/spirit still ripples through the whole. So there is that.

In the case of my grandson ( being open and aware as I am) his immersion into life as I am aware of as life is, means I am in some way reliving memories through him perhaps?

The awareness of breaking free in myself for myself and the awareness of his immersion into life at the beginning of his life, must surely be triggering memories of my own ‘ fall into the clutches of life’ that conditioned and created my suffering.

In some instances being open and aware of how this occurs. Watching and observing those familiar processors means I have no control over watching someone I love fall into the arms of life, with no knowing of how those arms nurture or destroy..

Being aware of processors might just be the main issue.

So how do we turn off not being aware? Being fully immersed and open, but detached from those processors that those we love may or may not be affected by?

It’s one thing to say. Just see through the eyes of spirit without form, but when form is glaringly obvious to the nature of the ‘whole’ person’ in one’s engagement of life, how do you let go of the totality of form?

All bodies still require care love and attention. We feed and nourish this form. We create and engage through a totality of being you immersed into life as a whole package. You can escape your humanness if you so choose, but at what cost might that have, in the understanding of yourself as life ( as a whole experience if life) in this vehicle that allows you to live and experience yourself as life?

Last edited by JustBe : 09-06-2023 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-06-2023, 08:37 AM
Master
@ JustBe ~ I’d say, there is no struggle, no inner conflict. Whatever thought or emotion that appears, will also disappear, as our attention flows, propelled by divine magnetism. Recognition is enough, like we see stirrings of attachment, knowing they relate to mind-body. That’s fine. We feel hungry, we eat. We are sleepy, we sleep. The human experience is enjoyed but we flow, without clinging. That’s the ‘trick’ in my opinion.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:09 AM
Master
Yes I understand.

How do you stop the mind that follows what is as I see this, a post delayed affect?

I’m very aware of all things that I can be and as you’re sharing. I can flow in the moment with things as they are. I can recognise where I am reacting or not.

Can the fullness of being this aware, affected from external circumstances suggest that being this open to what is be more of a hinderance than a help to one’s process?

When I’m not there, there is no problem, the remnants of engagement are not there to flow with simply because im not engaging.

Flowing with so many varied circumstances is a life long process, as each new experience arises to see how grounddd and in flow you really are?

As an example what do you measure yourself against and in reflection of everything in your world, according to your opening post?

If this vibrant non chalance requires entering something beyond one’s human nature, how do you enter into this as a direct experience?
Old 09-06-2023, 09:19 AM
Master
Why would we wish to stop the mind? Application of force is resistance, an activity being performed by volition and hence, in my view, self defeating.

A bird flies outside our window. It disappears from view. We do not cling to it. We have watched it with pleasure and then that’s it. It’s done and dusted when it’s over.

On the other hand, where there is attachment, we revive that thought form. That’s our choice then. If we do, we are indulging, stagnating. If we don’t, we are free. Why assign ownership to the thought or idea or feeling? That is bondage.

Looking deeper, heart is where stirrings begin, after which thoughts arise. So if heart is quietened, we dwell is silence and thought is merely an instrument to be employed if and as and when needed, otherwise not.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:33 AM
Master
A mind racing in all directions as a post delayed response I’ve determined is worry.

A post delayed concern and worry.

In the midst of such turmoil the mind unsettled the whole network in one’s body. Circuits, nervous system..are all fired up..

It’s not healthy to witness this chaos in myself..

Being the observer, watching on .. I’m aware but cannot stop it?

Why wouldn’t I want to stop this? Lol