Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-11-2022, 07:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
And that is the exactly what I was asking In reality we are not seperate but it creates a 'sense' of separation.
It's dualistic nature makes us think that we are a subject separate from all other objects in existence (observer v object)....

....Exactly ....
Another way to think of it.
Our leg goes "dead" . We stand up to walk and fall over cos we can't feel it.
But the leg is still there. Because we can't feel it doesn't mean it's gone anywhere.
( And people with missing limbs can still feel them ! )
Old 29-11-2022, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
....Exactly ....
Another way to think of it.
Our leg goes "dead" . We stand up to walk and fall over cos we can't feel it.
But the leg is still there. Because we can't feel it doesn't mean it's gone anywhere.
( And people with missing limbs can still feel them ! )

Oh you do have a wonderful way with words I thoroughly enjoy your 'down to earth' vocabulary AB.....
Old 29-11-2022, 07:42 AM
Master

...Haha... It's cos I'm only simple !!
I don't know big fancy words like the rest of you LOL...
Old 29-11-2022, 08:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
At that moment when you are rushing around , doing cooperate buffets, plus cooking expensive meals for groups of diners with all the pressure of prep, timing, presentation etc you are not even thinking at all with one mind, never mind two.

I think we all can escape the mind for awhile in so many ways. It's a huge pleasure right. To get a break from it. Like watching tv or a movie. You get absorbed in that for a few hours and forget your life and problems and all of that. While the movie is on, your attention is in the movie and not in your mind.

It's not so hard to forget the mind if you are into some activity, like you get lost in it. The hard thing, the advanced thing, is to be able to not have the attention on mind when NOT doing some distraction like watching a movie or concentrating on something like baking or art or something. That's where one is more advanced. When they can find that divine state anywhere at anytime with no activity needed.

That's one crazy skill. To be able to take your attention off of mind at will. I think thats what higher souls learn to do or achieve.
Old 29-11-2022, 08:09 AM
Master

...yes, and that really is difficult to do sometimes . I'm thinking in particular about meditation for example. Not always easy.
Even I cannot do that without some guidance.

The only reason I could respond was because of my bad experience where my mind was completely gone. I've never known anything like it.
Old 29-11-2022, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I think we all can escape the mind for awhile in so many ways. It's a huge pleasure right. To get a break from it. Like watching tv or a movie. You get absorbed in that for a few hours and forget your life and problems and all of that.

You watch a movie or engage in activities using your mind so that is not escaping the mind imo. What your doing is exchanging one set of thoughts for another set. Escaping the mind is not something we 'do' it's a 'happening' rather than a 'doing'. AB has obviously had this experience from what She has said but She didn't 'do' it, it happened.
Just my opinion from my own personal experiences and if I'm wrong about AB's experience, I apologise....
Old 29-11-2022, 09:10 AM
Master

Hi sky. No you're not wrong . It's a coping mechanism from a severe trauma.
Another example is my poor cousin who aged 18 , kissed goodbye to her mum , dad and grandma one morning , then skipped off out.
They all got in car and never came home . Head on collision with another vehicle with two occupants . All 5 were killed just like that ....gone.
My poor poor cousin, at that tender age went into such deep shock that none of us thought she would ever come out of it. For days on end she just sat there. She could not function in any way , shape, or form. She could not move, eat or talk. I can only imagine that she was experiencing "Nothing" .
Old 29-11-2022, 04:40 PM
Knower
Ephesians 4:22-24 ESV To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

One of my biggest strengths today is I can change my mind.
I am not bound by my old patterns of self-centric egoic thinking.