Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-05-2023, 09:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'm pretty sure that if polled, people would overwhelmingly want to be loved by everybody and love everybody. Then, why is the world in the bad shape it is now, and it always was?
Maybe because most people look for fulfilment outside themselves. They hope that the next possession, the next promotion, the next inflow of money, the next friend, the next partner, the next slice of cake, the next whatever will make them feel complete and that this completeness will satisfy their desires.

And it may briefly satisfy them but they are always left wanting more, so they continue to repeat the process, sometimes to an extreme.

Quote:
All the posts I read on this thread sound like well meaning wishful thinking.
My previous comment "There is a space within where love and peace and joy arise spontaneously in each moment, ever present, independent of whatever else may be happening," is not just wishful thinking.

It is a reality, present within the heart area, a space of emptiness and stillness. It is what we are. But it is so close to us that nearly everyone is unaware of it because they are too busy looking outside themselves for what they seek.

Quote:
Does any of the posters apply what they posted?
Yes, this space of stillness and emptiness is my habitual resting place. Of course, I can get caught up in everyday life doing whatever needs doing but I always have the option to pause and rest in peaceful stillness, enjoying the incessant wellspring of love and joy.

Peace
Old 23-05-2023, 01:44 AM
Master
As iamthat pointed out; most people chase happiness as an external possession, i.e. when I graduate everything will be fine, when I get married everything will be fine, when we have kids everything will be fine, when I get divorced everything will be fine, when I leave this Earth everything will be fine, etc., etc., etc. Chasing love and happiness.

Deep within us everything is already fine and has always been fine. The problem, as I see it, is that too many people let their head, reasoning, etc., rob them of the experience that is in their heart. The questions are in our head, the answer is in our heart. Its’ not something to think about.

Love is not a thought, it is an experience, an experience which is beyond reason. It has nothing to do with logic. How do you feel unconditional love? You start with gratitude for the simplest things, like breathing. Let the feeling of gratitude grow and it will lead to love.

Love is an internal journey, it is not mechanistic, it is spontaneous. It is more about what you don’t do then it is about what you do. It is about letting go to the deeper parts of yourself. The world is the way it is today because most people are stuck in their head.

They worship at the alter of logic and reasoning, which can be faulty. Logic has its place but there are also lots of logical fallacies, most people do not know the difference between sound and valid reasoning and faulty reasoning. I had to learn how to move my attention from my head to my heart; its that simple. I used to be stuck in my head also.

I have two grad degrees and used to be some kind of intellectual. I mean I was a college professor and also a war veteran. I did not want to hear about my heart, thought that was for sissies. I had a woman tell me, “have you not ever had a gut feeling, a feeling in your gut?” I did not know what she was talking about, but it took time for me to get there. Love is a journey that in my opinion all of us are on. It can happen instantaneously but usually we have to nurture it.
Old 23-05-2023, 02:09 AM
Master
I love talking about love. Small children and babies exude unconditional love, somewhere along the line we became sophisticated and complex adults and made love conditional. Little puppies will also give unconditional love, love is ageless, but it seems most readily available in the very, very young.

But even as adults, including the elderly, love can make us feel young again. It is a presence which we can nurture and grow, it is a presence that we can allow to engulf us, over take us, and guide us. It is the simplest experience that exists. So simple that a new born baby can grasp it.
Old 23-05-2023, 04:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
... Peace
I'm glad for you!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-05-2023, 04:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
... I had a woman tell me, “have you not ever had a gut feeling, a feeling in your gut?”...
That is described by Pete A. Sanders in his book as "psychic feeling", one of four psychic-senses.

pic

Not to be confused with "intuition", or manifestation of emotions.

EDIT: pic
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-05-2023, 05:56 AM
Master
People call it whatever they want to call it. Here is a link to a Psychology Today article which says “intuition” is a “gut” feeling. Personally I do not care what we call it, the thing is to experience it. Words are symbols, references, but they are not the things themselves. For instance, love is much more then the word “love.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/intuition
Old 23-05-2023, 06:52 AM
Master

Love your comments Starman. So true imo.
Old 23-05-2023, 12:38 PM
Master
True love is where you reached oneness with pain- when there’s no pain left: only to remind you your down a level- but then again here comes the kick… pain is just a kick… revolting the urge to come from ego- where pain thrives…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 23-05-2023, 08:51 PM
Master

Adding my thanks to Starman and iamthat on this thread, and others.

Namaste.
pixiedust
Old 23-05-2023, 08:53 PM
Master

There is unconditional love but it can't be spoken.

There is unconditional love but it can't be captured.

Even that of Mother and Child - is that conditional? Conditional upon he or she being my child?

And what could be higher than a Mother or Father's Love.

Some call it God Head. Others True Love. But whatever it is, it is, as Starman says, to be experienced. Only to be taught by the wise.