Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-05-2023, 08:55 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallVoice
It could be. I was diagnosed with C-PTSD a couple years ago, but I figured it was a bogus diagnosis because I don't even fit the criteria for regular PTSD. I just know that I've never had another experience like that since then. I do experience a lot of my dreams from a 3rd person perspective, though.
That's the problem with self-diagnosis, or just not wanting to believe what the professionals are telling you. I find it interesting that I've seen many instances of the same thing in forums like these, where Spiritual people think they know best. I've had three instances where I've experienced the same thing, the first time was during child abuse and the other two was when my life was in danger.

I dream from a third-person perspective, it's common enough. One of the possible reasons for dreaming in the third person is a dissociative personality, and in your case it can be caused by your experience at pre-school. Experiences like those can cause us to 'detach' from ourselves slightly. I have one of those.
Old 20-05-2023, 09:05 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Yep I believe this world is a dream as well.
In very short, how you perceive is processed by your unconscious, which accounts for some 85-90% of your total consciousness - depending on the study you read. The other 10-15% is what you become conscious of. Dreams are your mind trying to communicate more directly with your unconscious, and because you're talking about 'raw' consciousness everything is in symbol form. Either way, what you see is your unconscious given form. This understanding 'dovetails' into much of Spirituality and how we perceive reality from a Spiritual perspective. Life IS a dream.

Sometimes people want to believe Life is a dream not because of any Spiritual understanding, but that their Lives are not what they might want them to be. Believing that Life is a dream can detach people from that reality.
Old 20-05-2023, 06:35 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
That's the problem with self-diagnosis, or just not wanting to believe what the professionals are telling you. I find it interesting that I've seen many instances of the same thing in forums like these, where Spiritual people think they know best.
I talked to my psychiatrist about that diagnosis, and she agreed that I didn't fit the criteria. My therapist also later implied that she gave me that diagnosis so that I could qualify for a medical marijuana card, so I'm not really sure what to believe. No one ever beat me, raped me, abused me, or put me through a war. The most traumatic thing that ever happened to me was being raised in a religion that forced a lot of toxic beliefs on me. But no one ever forced me to stay in that religion and when I left, my family didn't disown me or try to bring me back into the fold. A C-PTSD diagnosis sounds a bit like overkill in relation to something like that.
Old 21-05-2023, 06:58 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallVoice
No one ever beat me, raped me, abused me, or put me through a war. The most traumatic thing that ever happened to me was being raised in a religion that forced a lot of toxic beliefs on me.
There isn't any kind of standard "This is what you have to go through to get PTSD." It's your own personal response to what happened to you. In your case it was traumatic enough for you to be diagnosed with PTSD, forget the rest. If your therapist changed your diagnosis so you could get a marijuana card don't worry about it, really they're doing you a favour. It's what your psychiatrist says that counts, so go by that. If you have a medical marijuana card then make the best of it and forget the rest.

One of the problems with these kinds of diagnoses is that they're subjective, it's not like a psychiatrist can pop the top of your noggin open and check what's going on inside. All they can work with are the outward signs. There are also people who might 'adjust' your diagnosis to fit so forget overkill. Work with what they give you to benefit you. You have your diagnosis, you have your card so stop thinking abut it because you have better things to consider.