Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 29-04-2023, 03:03 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I feel so close to discovering something. Maybe soon. Maybe in a million years lol. But I feel like I am close. It's like I can almost touch it but still can't seem to.
"The Absolute works with nothing.
The workshop, the materials
are what does not exist.

Try and be a sheet of paper with nothing on it.
Be a spot of ground where nothing is growing,
where something might be planted,
a seed, possibly, from the Absolute."

~ Rumi
Old 29-04-2023, 06:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
"The enquiry 'Who am I' ..." ~ Sri Ramana Maharishi

The human mind/ego appearance fights the simplicity of asking and answering "Who am I" until it finally gives up looking for truth in thought, often because of seeking exhaustion.

To me, it seems that this other Ramana quote contradicts your interpretation. Doesn't it?

Quote:
“The question ‘Who am I?’ is not really meant to get an answer, the question ‘Who am I?’ is meant to dissolve the questioner.”
Ramana Maharshi
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-04-2023, 06:52 AM
Master

This is another deep Ramana quote that I recommend:

Quote:
The Self alone exists. When you try to trace the ego, which is the basis of the perception of the world and everything else, you find the ego does not exist at all and neither does all this creation that you see.”
Ramana Maharshi
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Master

Love that quote!
Old 29-04-2023, 04:15 PM
Master

Just imagine or "pretend" you are someone else. I think that may give one a way to experience perceiving in a different way.

Last edited by Maisy : 29-04-2023 at 09:39 PM.
Old 29-04-2023, 05:46 PM
Master

be one or step in someone shoes

Quote:
Just imagine or "pretend" you are someone else.
While you may really be trying to be one with someone else or to step in others shoes or to empathize , sticking to the word "pretend" or "imagine" for long won't take us far.

I agree that any learning / penance is some 'pretense' in a way that we try to be someone who we are not really (not in the way we wont to fool others by showing off something else ) . So I agree with your contention . Just that the association with such words should go in order that it really impacts us positively .

Another key ingredient to be with one is to have immense love for it . Just that way moms have it for their new-borns to the extent that she can sense what the kid is going through (sleep,hunger,pain etc) even when the kids simply dont know any words except crying.

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 30-04-2023 at 03:51 PM.
Old 15-05-2023, 09:20 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
"The enquiry "Who am I" is the only method of putting an end to all the misery and ushering in supreme Beatitude.Whatever and however it may be said, this is the whole truth in a nutshell." ~ Sri Ramana Maharishi
That's not the whole story though -
"The question ‘Who am I?’ is not meant to get an answer, the question ‘Who am I’’ is meant to dissolve the questioner.”
Ramana Maharishi

In Spirituality 'I' is the ego, the questioner, and the source of misery.
Old 15-05-2023, 09:23 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Just imagine or "pretend" you are someone else. I think that may give one a way to experience perceiving in a different way.
Like thinking you are a Spiritual person? No offence intended, by the way.
Old 16-05-2023, 04:29 AM
Master

“The Self alone exists. When you try to trace the ego, which is the basis of the perception of the world and everything else, you find the ego does not exist at all and neither does all this creation that you see.”
Ramana Maharshi