Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-05-2023, 07:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
Psychology isn't a teaching it's a science, regardless of your opinion. Nor is it opinion-based, as all accepted science it's based on verifiable evidence and research.

Which brand of psychology? Neuropsychology is not the same as social psychology...
Old 10-05-2023, 09:32 PM
Master

As I use these terms, knowledge is acquired intuitively, and it is processed intellectually.

Science, atheism are predominantly intellectual. Religions, spirituality are predominantly intuitional. All distort the underlying reality, then each individual adds their own distortions according to their beliefs and ability to understand.

What we consider "facts" and "experience" is what we perceive only through our physical-senses. That is further filtered and distorted by our conscious and unconscious beliefs (assumptions, respectively truths), and by our intellectual and intuitive abilities that are dependent on our personalities' individual levels of evolvement.

I believe that those who decided to incarnate now, here, under these conditions, did it either from youthful ignorance or to learn humility. Both lead to painful experiences.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-05-2023, 04:59 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Which brand of psychology? Neuropsychology is not the same as social psychology...
Take your pick, none of it is based on opinion.
Old 11-05-2023, 05:06 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
So I've noticed. But for me it does not change anything. Science is very different from religion. Believing the sun goes to sleep in the underworld is not the same as observing and measuring what's going on.
In Spirituality people can believe whatever they want to believe for their own agenda, it doesn't even have to make any sense. Even groundless opinions become truth and frankly, Spirituality is an entropic system. With science there's a validation process, essentially, where ideas become facts or are dropped by the wayside.
Old 11-05-2023, 07:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
Take your pick, none of it is based on opinion.
But quite a bit is based on Richter scale variables. For example, measuring the degree to which people agree or disagree with X, Y or Z, such as in personality tests. This is largely based on your interpretation (and knowledge) of words, sentences and what memory comes up to you and what you emphasize when the question is asked. It has its uses, it can definitely give insights into one's self, but I'd be careful to call it science.
Old 11-05-2023, 08:26 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
But quite a bit is based on Richter scale variables. For example, measuring the degree to which people agree or disagree with X, Y or Z, such as in personality tests. This is largely based on your interpretation of words, sentences and what memory comes up to you when the question is asked. It has its uses, it can definitely give insights into one's self, but I'd be careful to call it science.
The problem with personality tests is that personalities vary depending on a number of factors, so if you took a Myers-Briggs test right now it's likely that you'd have a different result after you'd won the lottery. Similarly with Richter scale variables, I know that the scale of my agreement or disagreement depends on who I'm talking to about what. I don't think either of those things are set in stone and often areas of science account for the variables too. I can take a Myers-Briggs when I feel grumpy, but after an afternoon with my camera it would give different results. There's still a process of validation regardless though, and it's not based on someone's opinion of themselves. It's what relative reality is all about, it's a response to the changing circumstances we find ourselves in often from moment-to-moment. Like a formula in a spreadsheet, punching in different numbers gives you different results but the formula is constant.

I'd call it science and for the time being, it's often the best we have but there is such a thing as evolution. Sadly, there same old behaviour patterns appear in Spirituality that have been around since a long time ago.
Old 11-05-2023, 10:12 AM
Master
I wouldn't call it a science, because of Richter scale and context dependency (how you interpret, your mood at the time, choices in life, etc.). Questions such as ''do you prefer to be at home in the evening or go out?'' entirely depends with whom and where you go, so there's really not a meaningful way to answer it. I can imagine different scenarios and what springs to mind influences the outcome of the test.
Old 11-05-2023, 12:07 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I wouldn't call it a science, because of Richter scale and context dependency (how you interpret, your mood at the time, choices in life, etc.). Questions such as ''do you prefer to be at home in the evening or go out?'' entirely depends with whom and where you go, so there's really not a meaningful way to answer it. I can imagine different scenarios and what springs to mind influences the outcome of the test.
The law of gravity is science but it varies according to distance from the earth, so because it has a variable - distance - does that make it any the less of a science? Being on the moon is a different scenario to being on earth. So yes, an individual might give a different answer depending on mood or whatever else but bear in mind that the results will be analysed by large numbers. That means statistics and minor result anomalies due to mood or other factors will be insignificant and the people doing the analysing would be expecting that anyway. The methodology behind it is sound though and gives verifiable results, and if it didn't work people wouldn't use it. The truth is not what they're after, what they want to see are trends.

And is the Richter scale a psychology anyway? It's gathers information based on what answers people give at the time, it doesn't seek to analyse the reasons they give those answers.
Old 11-05-2023, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Please keep the post polite or it will be closed

Namaste
Old 12-05-2023, 01:26 PM
What is an entropic system?

''(in cosmology) relating to or characterized by entropy, a hypothetical tendency for the universe
to attain a state of maximum homogeneity:
As entropy grows, the system loses dynamism, to the point that a perfectly entropic universe would
be a smooth and inert field of matter.''

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru