Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-01-2023, 11:04 PM
Master
Question How long before creation of the self and big bang - coming into existence

How long after the Big Bang- or God creating us do we come into existence?

When I was born and I was self aware - I was aware that the thought of me could of been around longer than my first breath and sight…

What your thoughts?

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 14-01-2023, 02:37 PM
Master
I believe immaterial 'life' / spirit was there before the big bang, has always existed, us included (just not what we are now..). So I don't believe we were ever created, what is ''created'' is the body but that is just a natural process.
Old 21-02-2023, 04:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
Regarding concept of self. Is soul considered self?

If already present, then you weren't created being already existent. Consciousness.
Old 21-02-2023, 08:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Regarding concept of self. Is soul considered self?

As I understand these, selves (ego aka awake-self, dream-self, inner-self, ...) are states of focus of the current incarnation (aka personality), which together with other incarnations (concurrent and not) form the whole-self (aka entity). There are further levels of evolved entities where from whole-selves sprung.

I call "soul" the whole-self. So the soul is the self. When you die, you wake up (aka change your primary focus) to that "self". As I mentioned above, a whole-self may concurrently have several simultaneous incarnations.

Considering the nature of the physical-time (as a dimension of the physical hyperspace time / 3d-space / probability), those concurrent incarnations can be any time, and place, any probability of the physical-reality.

From this perspective, the "big bang" was the instantaneous creation of the whole physical-reality, by higher evolvement entities, as a framework for souls' education and growth.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-04-2023, 01:27 AM
Knower
i will throw in on what every body here is sayin i agree and will say i am a bit of a follower of the intelligent design theory which would be a concept of Meyers, Behe and oxford scholar John Lennox who told a story of a well known Mathematician who stood up at a lecture at Oxford and to every ones amazement proclaimed that after running the math the evolution of at least man could not have taken place in the time frame given and had to have started someplace else not on this planet but thats the theory.
Old 07-05-2023, 06:23 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
Somewhere around 2.5 mins, which is just enough time to put the popcorn in the microwave and make it pop.

The trouble is that we still don't understand so many things, and I think both scientifically and Spiritually we don't have the faculties to answer that. There was an interesting idea that was spawned from quantum theory. In a moment of quantum realisation God realised that in order to become God he had to go through all of this. If you're used to linear time, this is a doozy. If you're talking about after the Big Bang then the best theories are that it happened after we started eating cooked meat or it was the Stoned Ape to blame. When we started eating cooked meat we began ingesting the proteins needed to build the pre-frontal cortex of the brain, and that gave us the ability to think of abstract thoughts that give rise to questions like you're asking. Or the apes munched on mushrooms, spent most of their lives stoned out of their skulls and here we are today, after neuro-plasticity took its toll.

But then who are we? According to Jung children don't have an ego - a real ego and not the Spiritual *deleted* one - until puberty. Before then, what they have is the imprint of the personality of the mother. That is when the "sense of I am" is formed and therefore the self. And by the way, the Jungian is a translation of the Advaita Vedanta so yes, it is very much Spiritual . And what is the 'self?' I'd bet that if you'd started a thread with that you wouldn't get much more than a multiplicity of opinions and very little Spirituality. And again the Jungian is a translation of Advaita Vedanta.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:00 AM
Master

I tend to agree with Inavalan.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:07 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
As I understand these, selves (ego aka awake-self, dream-self, inner-self, ...) are states of focus of the current incarnation (aka personality), which together with other incarnations (concurrent and not) form the whole-self (aka entity). There are further levels of evolved entities where from whole-selves sprung.
One of the problems with Spirituality is that it tends to redefine to suit its own agenda, but with little underlying understanding. This whole business of 'multiple selfs' is confusing at best. There is no 'dream self', dreams are created in the unconscious which is an aspect of the self. Ego is not a 'self' but is another aspect of the self. When you understand that there is the self and a 'structure' of aspects of self you understand what so many Enlightened people have been saying for many years.

In some traditions it's called the Overself or the Oneself, which is what you mean by the whole-self entity. So you have the One/Overself that has multiple aspects, one of those aspects being an 'incarnated you'. Each of your past and 'future' Lives is an aspect of the One/Overself and each aspect is a lower-case self - which has aspects in and of itself. There's a beautiful symmetry there. In some traditions each One/Overself is an aspect of another 'level' of One/Overself - commonly known as a 'Soul Group'.

The self is a psychological construct and the Soul is.... Nobody is quite sure what the Soul is but it seems to be analogous

As for the Big Bang, some attribute it to a God that had a quantum realisation and variations of that ilk. Other traditions mention The Golden Ones or variations of that theme but they all parallel the One/Overself or higher entity theme.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
In a moment of quantum realisation God realised that in order to become God he had to go through all of this.
Ah, quantum. The new buzzword. Everything seems to be quantum this and quantum that. What does the term "quantum realisation" actually mean?

The above comment seems to reduce the idea of God to a very limited state of existence. Perhaps the entire unfolding of the universe is an increasingly perfect expression of the Divine Perfection which has always existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
According to Jung children don't have an ego - a real ego and not the Spiritual nonsense one - until puberty. Before then, what they have is the imprint of the personality of the mother. That is when the "sense of I am" is formed and therefore the self.
Many would disagree with this. It could be argued that the sense of "I am" is always present from birth but the physical, emotional and mental vehicles of the child are inadequate to express this.

For those who subscribe to the idea of seven year cycles, the sense of self spends the first seven years becoming established in the physical, the next seven years becoming established in the emotional, the next seven years becoming established in the mental.

This makes more sense to me than the idea that up until puberty a child is only an "imprint of the personality of the mother".

Peace
Old 08-05-2023, 06:07 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The above comment seems to reduce the idea of God to a very limited state of existence. Perhaps the entire unfolding of the universe is an increasingly perfect expression of the Divine Perfection which has always existed.
It means I don't take myself too seriously, unlike some people with their 'many' at their backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Many would disagree with this.
You and your 'many' versus Jungian psychology and that 'many'. With respect, what do you have to support your claim other than an opinion?