Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-02-2023, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali
the clarity feels like being a child forever
We compare and contrast the concept of child with the concept of adult, but child-like does have a particular feeling. Innocence feels a certain way that short circuits our mind and fills us with joy. The child in us wants to dance.

What we see in a little baby is still with us now regardless of the decades we have lived with our physical body, or the things we have been through. The child in us, that was displayed when we were an infant, and is still with us right now; is untouched by this world. Although human culture does serve a purpose.

It is our natural state to feel the richness of joy, clarity, and love, in ways we never could solely as a human being. The qualities that await us, if we are open to them, are pleasurable beyond awestruck and ecstatic; it defies description. We will always be as children to the source of our being.
Old 21-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Master
There is a widely held misconception that because we live in duality we have to pay homage to duality. A bible verse says “while we are in this world know that we are not of this world.” A verse from the Quran says “we do not see the world as it is, we see the world as we are.” A Zen Buddhist koan: “It is better to see yourself clearly then to be concerned about how others see you.” A Jewish Kabbalistic quote: “The Kingdom of Spirit is embodied in my flesh.” A Hindu perspective: "everyone knows that the drop is in the ocean but few realize that the ocean is also in the drop.”

Peace
Old 22-02-2023, 01:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We compare and contrast the concept of child with the concept of adult, but child-like does have a particular feeling. Innocence feels a certain way that short circuits our mind and fills us with joy. The child in us wants to dance.

I've come to think, there isn't a 'proper' way to feel so that you know you are acting as a child. wonder and laughter and play are all nice things, but, it seems like there is more to it than what you see from the outside.

For me it is more about being open to life and dropping my preconceptions about how I want it to be and what I should intend to get. And being willing to do something other than reject things that are freely offered in favor of trying to obtain the things others tell me I should want.
Old 22-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Ever think the...
... about a childlike experience.
Thanks, that means allot to me. I really wish I could be more like that childlike wonder more of the time. be without all these negative thoughts. It requires great effort and focus for me to quiet my mind, and often all that effort backfires. Where I end up being more bogged down by thoughts.

I can just surrender and let the thoughts be what they are, but that's not a very nice place to be in either. Unless I can maybe find a way to be completely unaffected by them, as you say. It does require great focus, which I don't have the ability to do anymore nowadays, sadly. I'll just have to leave myself to fate. Sometimes I get glimpses of peace. It's the best I can have right now.

oh, and remembering that I am the awareness that is aware of all things, does give me a reasonable sense of detachment or sense of unaffectedness. It's as good as it can get right now. I'll stick with it. Or the awareness that is aware of the one trying to stick with it.
Old 23-02-2023, 09:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
It requires great effort and focus for me to quiet my mind,

I don't think a noisy mind is a problem. I think the problem is putting our attention on mind. We have zero control over mind, but 100% control on where we put our attention.

I think some have a habit and routine of putting their attention in mind so maybe they have not yet discovered there are better places to have it.
Old 28-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I don't think a...
...places to have it.
Oh, I don't know what is "other than mind". Since all that exists is vibrational, I see it as mind/illusion. Including all the "physical" senses. But to quiet that down and find something other than vibrationality/duality/relativity. I have not been able to do.