Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-10-2022, 06:38 AM
Master
Unmoving awareness, where does movement come from?

If awareness does not move, where does movement come from?
Old 12-10-2022, 09:04 PM
Master
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746176/

Timing and awareness of movement decisions: does consciousness really come too late? The article in the link might give some insight.
Old 13-10-2022, 01:56 PM
Master
This is true, filling the mind with positive thoughts does improve many things, especially timing. And the higher one goes, the higher the chances of burning up as a result of smaller and smaller more indiscernable bits of resistances. That is the duality of allowing and resistance, which are also interchangeable in definition, depending on the perspective. What is a path of more resistance to one may at another time be the path of lesser resistance to that same person. The pathway of lesser resistance is eternally evolving. And there is no path of no resistance, except as an ideal, or a rainbow, that keeps moving as one moves.

Without duality, such a thing would not be possible.

The question is, if the nondual consciousness and unchanging awareness, is aware of all these things (from subtle dynamics of mind, all the way to physical manifestational reality), and it is thus the ultimate Source of it all... How can something that doesn't change, give rise to that which changes/moves?

It is a nondual question, but only assuming that consciousness is nondual. Ofcourse, if consciousness is a duality, then I already know all these things. They are simply cycles within cycles, with no beginning or end, of infinite self similar expansion of infinite variety. Where duality is so absolute that it is even impossible to identify it, as even the identification would be part of the never ending cycle of consciousness, which would thus also always evermore change.

From the dual consciousness perspective, non duality is non sentient, no thing, unknowable. Existence would be nondual, and unknowable, except as a concept, that can evermore be known, but never absolutely be known, as consciousness is duality/vibtrational/relative in such a case.
Old 13-10-2022, 04:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Ewwerrin,

A real brain teaser…..thanks….:). Awareness is an in the moment perception. Moment indicates time. If you were to take two pictures of the same thing they would not be identical. We might not see but perhaps an eagle could….maybe a leaf moved on a distant tree or a mosquito appeared. In the time that you were taking those two pictures the earth continued to rotate. POV is a moment in time. We either say that time does not exist or we say that it is eternal..2 different things. We have all seen slow motion photography of a flower coming to bloom. I have to suggest that time accounted for, what is now, perceivable movement.
Old 13-10-2022, 04:43 PM
Master

For the way that we are formed limited acuity is a protective mechanism….otherwise sensory overload would render us impotent. Becoming spiritual is path to surmounting the 5 senses.
Old 14-10-2022, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
We either say that time does not exist or we say that it is eternal..
Thank you, that makes sense.

Consciousness moves from nowhere to nowhere.

And I can say movement occurs in this consciousness, but where is it moving to? If it is not moving to anywhere, then it is not really moving. And it is not unmoving, because it is not staying anywhere either. It simply is... The isness itself. Beyond location or time.

So nothing is moving. So movement is also a misdefinition. Just like time. What we experience as time/change, and movement, is the unchanging and unmoving itself. So it is basically an illusion. But the fact that it is an illusion is real. Once the fact that it is an illusion, is realised to be real. Then it doesnt exist. And as it no longer exist, and the absolute unchanging truth is perceived throughout all things. As all things. Regardless of how they continue to appear or not.

So it's basically the same throughout all religions and philosophies. That there is but one truth and all things are it and thus all things are realised through it, as it, by it, for it, from it, to to it, etc. And that one thruth is the realisation that all things are an illusions, which then realisable the unrealisable, which already is, the ultimate self/being/all. And then there can be only one thing left, and it is the most familiar and good and graceful and blissfull.
Unconditional surrender. Absolute allowance. Without ulterior motive. With no identity or expectation. Pure allowance for allowance itself. Pure being for being itself.
Pure unconditional bliss, for unconditional bliss itself. Not held back by anything, in undeniable unwaveringly undoubtful realisation that nothing else exists, but existence|consciousness|bliss.
Old 14-10-2022, 07:23 AM
Master

Quote:

Aliveness might be a better word than movement or potentiality might be a good word too ? Movement to me suggests the laws of mechanics
and vectors and all of that which i don't know a great deal about ? Even when the laws of life are discovered through science, Awareness remains,
abiding and un- effected, it is immovable only in the sense that it cannot be extinguished. Although having said that, all movement comes
from awareness and goes back to awareness, so maybe movement is a good word in that respect ?

__________________________________________________ __________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 14-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Master

Quote:
And I can say movement occurs in this consciousness, but where is it moving to? If it is not moving to anywhere, then it is not really moving. And it is not unmoving, because it is not staying anywhere either. It simply is... The isness itself. Beyond location or time.
Ewwerrin,

Here is the way I really think of it. My meditation practice has a goal of no thoughts…..you might say a goal of experiencing NOT experiencing time…which in itself is the perception of movement. If I achieve this….at the end of meditation I am greatly surprised at how long that that experience actually was. In my case it can be 20 minutes to an hour. Essentially this is an experience of eternity……ie you maintained consciousness without any experience of time.

From the Scriptures we are familiar with “Be still and know that I am God”. I prefer to think of it as…”be still and allow yourself to be known by God”. I think think of the Biblical meaning of ‘know’……Adam knew Eve his wife etc. To know is to plant a seed…to fructify…to produce fruit. If this seems too graphic then consider God as the great physician…..by stepping into eternity you have allowed Him to operate on you. This, obviously, is being open to the Spirit.

As far as the effects of this meditation: the immediate effect, of course, is refreshing peace……but the long term effects are from the fruit it produces…to numerous to mention…but significantly opening portals of understanding and acquiring enhanced awareness. In reality this is the essence of being “born again”. People allow themselves to be mystified by how to be born again but it is this simple. Fundamentalists make the mistake of thinking they become born again by immersing themselves in the Scriptures. John 5:39…..”You diligently study the Scriptures because you think by them you possess eternal life…yet you refuse to come to me to have life.” Jesus is saying…’come get your operation’…..:).

I would add that many well intentioned Christians waste much time in attempting to verify the literal truth of the Bible….looking at in historical context. Utilizing archeology….etc. Logic, reason and the intellect cannot decipher that which is esoteric. Revelation comes via the Spirit……it opens a whole new world…..:)
Old 14-10-2022, 02:50 PM
Knower

To Ewwerrin re post #6: bingo!! I might have to change my name.
Old 14-10-2022, 02:51 PM
Master

In regards to that meditation I would say that is as if you are consciously unconscious. It is verified by the absence of emotion….no peace, no joy, no sadness, no anything….it just is. To have an emotion to something…it would have to be relevant to something else….either the opposite or something better or worse etc. This would be to be a prisoner of duality….and that cannot be eternity. ‘A day is like a thousand years’ and so is a second. Your whole life(in eternity) is within the moment.