Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 06-09-2022, 11:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Beautiful words!

The deep rooted behavior and mental patterns can still be expressed automatically by the body, we have been spending decades to enforce them, but they slowly dissolve, I know this from first hand experience, and surely it does not need to take decades.

ThatMan,

I've experienced before when it dissolves pretty much completely - but I have also experienced re-creating (what I call) this "karma."

So I'm guessing this is why it can be helpful to have masters around i.e. those that have already walked the way.

Best wishes

pixiedust
Old 07-09-2022, 06:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Did Ramana Maharsi talk about what leads one to the permanent state of such, while others might just glimpse at it?
Ramana Maharshi gave a lot of advice, but there is no guarantee that this will lead to permanent samadhi.
  1. Self-enquiry - Who am I? Look within for the sense of "I". Try to pinpoint its location within the body. We discover that there is no actual location for the sense of "I", there is just the thought of "I" arising in conscious awareness. Let go of that thought and rest in conscious awareness.
  2. Still the mind. We experience the mind as one thought at a time. Stop giving energy to these thoughts and prevent the next thought from arising. Thinking gradually fades away. Easier said than done.
  3. Investigate the nature of the true Heart, the seat of the Self. This is a small space in the centre of the chest, and within this space we find constant stillness, peace and joy.
But often Ramana Maharshi simply sat in silence and others were transformed by sitting in his presence, their minds becoming naturally still. Or he would gaze into someone's eyes and they would enter an exalted state. Such teachers are rare.

Peace
Old 07-09-2022, 08:27 PM
Master

Thank you so much, iamthat
Old 08-09-2022, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Investigate the nature of the true Heart, the seat of the Self. This is a small space in the centre of the chest, and within this space we find constant stillness, peace and joy.
Absolutely!

In time, we’re looking at a toroidal energy field, expanding
Old 08-09-2022, 01:56 AM
Master
Quote:
To know mentally this, is not enough, you have to realize this. And when you will realize this, awareness of awareness would not need the cessation of all doings, it will always be there. The apparent self who has always been the center of your experience collapses into consciousness and now all there is, is consciousness.

What about you, have you realized this?

I don’t relate my experience through the language you use.

I agree mental is just one aspect of the whole self.

So for me being aware I’m aware means I’m clear and integrated through all of myself. ‘Being it’ ‘illuminated being. I’m clear in the totality of what once was not clear. I’m aware I’m aware because of all this.

I’m trying to understand this ‘collapsing into’ your suggesting. Maybe that’s what I mean by ‘total immersion’ .. and what arises from that point is the flow and creation of my whole self, clear as consciousness/or a blank canvas..
Old 08-09-2022, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
ThatMan,

I've experienced before when it dissolves pretty much completely - but I have also experienced re-creating (what I call) this "karma."

Me too! I called this, heightened states of consciousness at that time, pure presence, pure love, pure peace, pure joy, pure happiness, oneness. Instantly, the whole world became alive, better said, it was always alive, I just did not see this.

To be sincere, the concept of "karma" has never found itself in my experiences, to me, this human experience appeared like the G.E.E ( greatest experience ever ) where I descended into this world with "others" to experience separation as if separation was something real for in the world we come from, love is all there is.

All the best to you too! Let us "climb higher" and bring more back to our fellow men.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Let us "climb higher" and bring more back to our fellow men.

I'm happy.

Thanks ThatMan
Old 25-09-2022, 08:39 AM
Master
The journey not only includes us learning how to navigate our own heart and mind but also the hearts
and minds of others. We give to each other the conditioning of our own consciousness, while we live
and have our being in our own awareness.

For me awareness is light, light which helps us to see. A growing awareness deepens our perception
and the ability to see deeper into the outward images. Perception often dictates what we call “reality,”
as it is the process of acquiring, interpreting, selecting, and organizing, sensory information.

Perception grows from awareness. Our physical senses extend deep within us, far removed from the
physical their quality changes. Insight has a different quality than outer sight, etc. In my opinion there
is no this or that, as everything is an extension of everything else.