Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-11-2020, 04:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hahaha, made me laugh...
Helping as you do is appreciated, btw.
thank you - I do try.
Old 14-11-2020, 02:36 PM
ImthatIm

Then the next verse says:
Quote:
Ecclesiastes 12:8“Everything is meaningless,” says the Teacher, “completely meaningless.”

I will talk of Love. I see the afterlife as merging back to Love.
I don't have a better word, but I could add Divine to Love.
This is my home and I don't mean any sort of earthly Love.
This Love is alive and it brings life to all we know.
This Love is Energy and Source and Light and warmth and Being
it is proceeded by a warm loving wind that blows right through your soul.
People talk of life review. No? Is this not the same as judgement?
Judgment in the bible means "decision" (for or against)
I look forward to judgement which is life review since I will be able
to see what I could not see then and when I am merged with Love
we can Lovingly look at all that I Loved or didn't Love.
Where and why I was afraid to Love.
When merged with Love I will see how I could have Loved better
or Loved in innocence. The after life will be a reunion in Love and nobody
can convince me otherwise.
I came from Love and I am created to Love and I will return to Love.

No problem.
Old 18-11-2020, 08:32 PM
Administrator
Miss Hepburn---beautiful story. Thank you for sharing this---it has stayed with me all week......
Old 19-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Miss Hepburn---beautiful story. Thank you for sharing this---it has stayed with me all week......
I now, right?
When his nurse wanted to talk to him about 'things' - the Other Side, etc,
2 days before he passed - he cut her off even. That was Carl.
"No, there is nothing. That's the end of that. No more talk about it."

Then, was he ever surprised to see the love and beauty.
Who cares if here he forgot a few things for a few years and became an atheist ---God could care less. Ha!
What a dope....hahahaha!

All there is is understanding ---another form of Love. Ah.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2020, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I dont read the Bible dont even own one. i dont believe what a book says that was written by MAN to suit his own needs.
It keeps changing as There is Nonone to say what has been written is even correct.
When we pass We go home to spirit you do not go there to await your judgement at all.
I agree with this. People think the answers are in the bible when it is not. I will respect other peoples opinions of course. A lot of people believe in the bible and that is fine. We all think differently and we have to respect and accept other peoples beliefs.
Old 19-11-2020, 09:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
People think the answers are in the bible when it is not. I will respect other peoples opinions of course. A lot of people believe in the bible and that is fine. We all think differently and we have to respect and accept other peoples beliefs.

The Holy Bible answers questions for those who believe in what it teaches. I have met many individuals who are very happy with what they find there and happy with what they are taught by their religions about it.

I don't, however, have to accept others' beliefs any more than they have to accept what motivates and guides me. But we all should respect the other person's right to hold personal belief even when theirs doesn't appeal to our reason.

I try hard to maintain that approach although I don't always succeed.
Old 20-11-2020, 05:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
The Holy Bible answers questions for those who believe in what it teaches. I have met many individuals who are very happy with what they find there and happy with what they are taught by their religions about it.
I should have said it differently. People do not have to accept and respect other peoples views, opinions etc. I like to accept other peoples opinions and beliefs. If someone treats other people badly I do not accept that.
Old 20-11-2020, 08:07 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I should have said it differently. People do not have to accept and respect other peoples views, opinions etc. I like to accept other peoples opinions and beliefs. If someone treats other people badly I do not accept that.
There's a big difference between folk's behavior and folk's beliefs but the reality is that we may have to accept the former and we should not try to change the latter.

But what does accepting others' opinions and beliefs actually mean in practice, I wonder? Does it mean we must not challenge others' opinions and beliefs because they are earnestly held but where we see significant, demonstrable flaws? Or is it reasonable to explain what flaws we see and reject those views or opinions?
Old 20-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
There's a big difference between folk's behavior and folk's beliefs but the reality is that we may have to accept the former and we should not try to change the latter.
But what does accepting others' opinions and beliefs actually mean in practice, I wonder?
What I really mean is I accept other peoples religions. People can be religious and I do not want to try to upset people. I cannot change other peoples views in what they believe.
Old 20-11-2020, 09:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
What I really mean is I accept other peoples religions. People can be religious and I do not want to try to upset people.
Religion is different to opinion/belief and challenge to another's religion isn't something I would do either. Each of us has the right to follow any chosen religion, faith or belief and provided others don't try to cram theirs down my neck I'm comfortable leaving them to it.
Quote:
I cannot change other peoples views in what they believe.
You might begin to change someone open enough to consider what you have to say. A well-reasoned presentation with supporting evidence could get them considering something different.
Certain of my own formerly strongly-held views have changed after I heard different individuals repeatedly telling the same story - and I'm not easy to persuade!