Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 19-07-2011, 03:55 PM
dragon charms

Color Life Changing Books

I would love to hear about the book or books, that really made such a change, that literally changed your life, or lifestyle, or beliefs for the better.
Old 19-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Time

Jurassic park - I read this in 4th grade. I had a better understanding of genetics then my teachers LOL. IT teaches about chaos theory, and the big question in science :

"Just because we could, should we?"

It touches on greed, pride, and big questions about life. Ive read it probably 10 times.

And, im going to have to say, the LOTR stories, from the silmarillion, the hobbit, to the Lord of the rings trilogy. Long story short, the very few can change the fate of all, the smallest of us came make a difference, and that the smallest, even a seemingly insignificant gift of pity ( as in good), can change the fate of everything, the smallest choices can change history and the world as we know it...
Old 19-07-2011, 04:56 PM
dragon charms

That's very cool :) Thank you for sharing it!
Old 19-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Master
Concersations with god
Old 20-07-2011, 03:00 PM
dragon charms

iolite :) lovely stone btw,...Seth Speaks was my first kick in the pants when I was a young woman. And you know, I never did read "Education of Oversoul 7" !!

glpossson- :) SRF awsome

Spiritlite- thank you. Does it still inspire?
Old 20-07-2011, 12:40 PM
iolite

For me it was Jane Robert's "The Education of Oversoul 7" as a teenager.
Old 20-07-2011, 01:21 PM
glpoisson

Autobiography of a Yogi
Old 07-06-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
For me it was Jane Robert's "The Education of Oversoul 7" as a teenager.

Fabulous book! I have a good friend with an amazing story of synchronicity that led him to that book in college.
Old 20-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Master
I highly recommend William James's 'The Varieties of Religious Experience'. It was a book that helped me through a tough time in my life, and really put some things in perspective and was objective, enlightening yet grounding.

The book that got me into Spirituality (besides a terrifying acid trip) was actually 'The Celestine Prophecy', that still holds a place in my heart, and i consider to still have some really good basic sort of ideas, and take on the nature of reality and Spirituality, regardless of some questions i may now have with some of it. Simple and easy to understand.

The other book that was sort of a signpost of sorts on my path is Robert Anton Wilson's 'Cosmic Trigger' the 3rd volume, 'Final Secret of the Illuminati.'

Those just happened to be 3 books that marked certain stages for me, not necessarily saying they are the best or whatever.

I also have been helped immensely by several novels by both Charles ****ens and Philip K ****. I highly recommend ****'s 'Ubiq' & 'Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said'.

As for ****ens, 'David Copperfield', 'Great Expectations' 'Our Mutual Friend' & 'Tale of Two Cities' are among my faves from him. Not Spiritual i guess, but full of wisdom none the less in my opinion. Same goes for ****. 'VALIS' was an important book for me also, it was a semi autobiography of ****, basically outlining some of his personal experience with mental illness/Spiritual awakening. Actually 'David Copperfield' was ****en's semi-autobiographical novel. Coincidentally, both Valis & David Copperfield were the first book i read of each author.

I cannot think specifically, but Carl Jung I have read a lot of, and is one author that has had a significant influence upon my understanding of Spirituality and Psychology. 'Man & His Symbols' is considered and was written as the best introduction to him.
Old 20-07-2011, 08:02 PM
dragon charms

So nice of you to share this. I still love Celestine Prophesy. I still find the drama's that people use to communicate / rather get energy impressive.

And one winter, I read every Carl Jung I could get my hands on. Now I can't remember one thing I learned! lol

Thank you very much :)