Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-09-2020, 11:33 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
In what I described in my previous post, that which was scared was my ego. I know if I go deeper
into the silence ego will be silenced. So at least for me, the depth of inner silence will determine
whether the features of ego are extinguished.

We can learn and grow from knowledge, without meditating, but going deep into meditative silence
is another dimension. That silence is thicker than anyone can imagine and there are features there
that will grow us in ways unimaginable. Ego does not care for inner silence.

The inner battle is the only battle; it is the true Armageddon, the true Jihad. The only lasting victory
is within our own heart, at the center of our being. My advice; don't get too far away from the inner
silence, go further and further into it. Nurture it and let it grow you.

I hear it every morning and often at night. It's been years now hahahah when I hear/feel it there is intense fear.

Love and gratitude --

JL
Old 08-09-2020, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I hear it every morning and often at night. It's been years now hahahah when I hear/feel it there is intense fear.

Love and gratitude --

JL
As soon as you awaken from sleep go straight into quiet meditation before your mind starts the chatter;
if you take a nap do the same thing when you awaken, go right into quiet meditation.

I believe this is the best weapon against unwanted mental activity. Also put on some stereo headphones
and listen to soft music, or spiritually oriented music. Your mind will latch on to those tunes.

Basically you have to train your mind and you do that by gradually, and consistently, quieting your thoughts.
Consistency is important. Just like people train their physical body we also have to train our mind. Letting our
mind run wild can cause problems. It is a gradual process.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for all the great responses. I noticed that I made the same post twice (possibly a result of said exhaustion!) haha, but this one has more responses so I'll stick with this one. Thank you for the responses in both threads. I think some of the responses speak more to the ego and some are more to the true self, but both are important. It is difficult for us larger children to take care of smaller children and having sympathy and compassion for our egos is a good thing. Being "present and at peace with the fact that things matter only as much as we believe they do" is one thing if you only have to care for yourself and you've already accepted your own mortality. It's quite another if you're talking about your offspring and the protective instincts in our dna. Nothing else quite evokes the ego and its survival instinct like that. I've noticed that with others who have children and they tend to seem more in the throes of ego. When I'm with my daughter, I've been trying to stay present and appreciate every moment with her and remind myself that its those moments that truly matter.

Both my clinging to the idea of being "spiritually strong" and my impact on my child may be based in ego, but I suppose we all have to choose which version of ego we'd like to have. When my daughter looks at me she tends to smile and laugh when I talk to her (at only 6 weeks of age). With her mother she tends to look at her with a sleepy awe. I think I like being the fun goofy guy. She also tends to do new things when she's with me. If I make her feel lighthearted and confident then nothing makes me feel better. I should probably try to be the same person for my wife.

I have switched back to reading ET. I did some reading of A New Earth. Perhaps its good to read those words in my own inner voice. One of my inklings is that making our thought patterns closer to our true identity will help. Thus, reading the words of enlightened literature may help internalize it... I also tried reading some in the morning and that seemed to help. I have done better today and at one point I felt myself getting sucked into a dramatic situation on FB and I realized (and had compassion for) the egos involved.

One thought I had when reading how ET views us as being "the watcher" is that life is like a movie. We don't have full control over the plot but we can try to choose which "character" our ego plays in the movie. I thought there might be some insight in what movies/tv/books one chooses to consume. Nowadays, I tend to consume stories where the hero is sarcastic, tragically ridiculous, or humorous but believes their own mission to nonetheless be very important. That, and I watch a lot of hockey. So I guess I want my ego to be someone who is a humorous, ridiculous, hockey player and that is already who I am when I'm at my best self, which is very interesting. Anyways, I'll stop the rambling.

I tried what someone said about being fully present and going deeper in the exhaustion and that seemed to help. And my sleep was of higher quality. Feel free to chime in on anything else that you like..
Old 10-09-2020, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude
Greetings gang, I hope this is in the right subforum.

I'm a big fan of Eckhart Tolle. I used to read his books but watch his youtube videos nowadays because I feel like you get more out of it hearing the way he talks etc. Sometimes I listen to Alan Watts as well. Anyways, I had what felt like extreme life challenges that helped/forced me to work on being present (some of those challenges we are all facing right now). Before our newborn arrived, I was getting to a place where I had what I can best describe as an exhilarating experience when I was fully present. I worked on paying attention to as many stimuli of the present moment at the same time as possible and experienced a "rush" for a lack of better words. My feet tingled and I felt perfect. At other times when I was going about my day, I was more at peace in my life and dealing well with things considering these strange times. Then the newborn arrived.

She is amazing and I love her so much. I'm a modern dad and very involved. However, my wife and I are both very tired and I'm struggling to stay present. Sometimes I'm rude to my wife (it goes both ways). I know that if I can be present it will help both of us. However, I'm finding it impossible to be present while I am this tired. Do any of you have any tips? There are going to be other times in my life when I'm tired and I want my spiritual muscles to be strong enough to handle it. Thank you

Nothing you do can overcome physical tiredness other than downtime, sleep and ‘recovery.

It doesn’t matter how spiritual you have been, previously, real life matters are the essence of practice. Practice is honouring your physical needs. We are human form one with spiritual essence, there are times and experiences in life, where we experience both separately.

Tiredness means rest. It’s simple.

Taking turns to support each other with the child, is one way.

Keeping life simple with simple measures that support parents and child together. Walking, nature, baths with the baby and honest communication with regards to each other’s needs. You have to become smarter and resourceful. As an example. Right around babies sleep time, if both are tired all sleep whether it’s morning noon or early to bed.

Parenthood in its early stages is a juggling act. Building a routine for baby and parents is essential to your sanity and recovery times.

Routines for the baby gives you routine and space to build your balance.

Another one I learned is bathing the baby at night so baby is more relaxed and timed with that night settling time.
My son was a difficult sleeper, this worked a treat.

Spiritual muscles when you have a child is a long term, changing awareness that incorporates you as a real living being, the first twelve months is establishing routines and sleep, feeds and food, self care.

The toddler stage tests your physical endurance differently, because they often sleep better and all night if you’ve created healthy sleep patterns for them.

Toddler up to pre school you’ll be challenged by other things, such as tantrums and assertiveness, likes and dislikes, don’t want, will nots!!!

It goes on and on. My son was my teacher, for 18yrs. He was my gift to grow deeper during that time. He was the experience created by his parents and you learn about yourself differently than any other way in the world. It’s a very unique and special arrangement so take care of yourself and rested and you’ll manage better.

Sometimes as parents we want to be perfect, but it won’t be and you have to get real about what is as it is, don’t rush this process, just trust it, get rested and you’ll do just fine..reconciliation is a great model for a child and how parents interact. So if you feel you failed or not doing enough, just voice it out loud and be open to heal the rift. A child doesn’t need perfection, it needs to see life as it is and know it’s loved unconditionally through you loving yourself in this way.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:49 PM
janielee

Wise words from JustBe too.

Sleep training helps, if you believe in that too, ThatDude.

Mm and don't beat yourself up - it's easy to as spiritual inclined people

Blessings,

JL
Old 16-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks JustBe and janielee! Helpful words!!