Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-03-2021, 06:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Can anyone make sense of my experience

Hi all
After reading a few websites I wonder if I experienced some sort of spiritual awakening possibly?

It started when I caught covid in December. I began to get very poorly with my breathing. I’d always thought if I was to catch it I wouldn’t survive, so I spent a large portion of last yr researching and taking supplements etc.
I wrote my funeral plan.
Shortly after this, I had the sense of feeling the presence of my nan and two aunts. Hearing a spoken word of my late mother in law saying she’s not ready for me yet. 2 days later I was taken into hospital. I wasn’t ventilated but was put on lots of drugs and oxygen.
During my stay in hospital I couldn’t sleep, I kept feeling internal vibration and would suddenly gasp if I did fall asleep. I’d messaged a few friends in hospital, one friend had lost her mum a few wks previously, and I was telling her things she said only her mum would know.
When I was discharged from hospital, it continued at home, vibration and being shocked like with a cattle prod. My husband said I kept talking about road signs.
I was having a lot of suggestions from my late father in law. I told my husband that there was a hifi unit in my loft that needed repairing. It was his late dads. My husband was freaked out by things I was telling him about his dad and became angry with me. He didn’t want me to talk about his dad.

We have had a few things happen like balls moving across a room on their own prior to my illness.
I didn’t sleep for 2 weeks. And ended up almost being put in a mental facility twice. They diagnosed me with psychosis.
My youngest daughter has said her grandads presence she had felt had been in her room for some time. She said he liked our house but had pain in his heart regarding one of my husbands brothers.
His death was recorded as foul play but no evidence was found.
My husbands sister told my husband that their brother had killed their dad. My husband never told me this until I had this experience.
I actually called police and opened a historical crime file.
I’m just seeking answers really. I don’t think I went crazy as my daughter has this connection too.
I meditate daily now.
It’s all quiet now, my daughter says she hasn’t felt her grandad since, she said he’s happy and at peace now.
I really don’t know what to make of it really. I was told by someone from my workplace that I’m probably more open than I know, and to protect myself and get angel tarot cards.
I did follow her advice and I do occasionally read a few cards for myself that can be emotional.

I’ve had a few odd moments also. 4 yrs ago someone told me if I’d thought of being a paramedic. When I was poorly after having covid, I went to a hospital. I was talking to a doctor and he was asking me how I knew about some condition, he said ‘normal’ ppl don’t know stuff like I was saying, he then asks if I’d thought about being a paramedic!
I had thought about some sort of career change if I can heal my own health first obviously. I do wonder if it’s a sign or if it’s just imagination though.
Feel a bit like I’m at a crossroads though. I do really need to talk to someone but obviously better if it’s someone who understands what this is I’ve been through
Old 17-03-2021, 05:19 AM
Master
Simple, you just need a bit of extra love in your life to brighten things up around you. You are very special to have caught covid 19 and lived to talk about it I can assure you of that. Love is life, life is love. What your looking for is the answer, that answer is love, its right there under your nose. Love. Amen
Old 17-03-2021, 08:42 AM
Deactivated Account
You've posted your experiences in the 'Mediumship' forum and what you're experiencing MIGHT be an indication you're beginning the often-long journey to becoming a medium. But many people misunderstand what being a medium means.

Experiencing heightened psychic/spiritual sensitivity and awareness isn't the same as mediumship but they may be early indicators of it developing or, more accurately, emerging.

What happens next may help indicate if you will eventually emerge as a medium.
Old 17-03-2021, 11:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
You've posted your experiences in the 'Mediumship' forum and what you're experiencing MIGHT be an indication you're beginning the often-long journey to becoming a medium. But many people misunderstand what being a medium means.

Experiencing heightened psychic/spiritual sensitivity and awareness isn't the same as mediumship but they may be early indicators of it developing or, more accurately, emerging.

What happens next may help indicate if you will eventually emerge as a medium.
I wasn’t actually very sure where to place my post. What has happened to me since December has caused a lot of distress to my family. Much of my experiences have been blamed on covid or drugs or my mental health.
I had a physiatrist asking me if I see or speak to dead ppl. I knew exactly what he was getting at.
My husband says I’ve changed and has said he wants his wife back! He’s hugely negative about life and things and I do feel I have to distance myself from him as he drags me down too. He’s been home for the past yr with this pandemic. I felt really happy, positive I’d survived covid, and I felt a depression slump over me.
I have had back pain for 2 yrs. I don’t know what happened during this awakening but I had no pain for 3 weeks. It all descended back and I’m currently in a large amount of pain. I do wonder if it’s tension and stress and an unbalance of sorts in my body. I was going to try maybe seeing a reiki master. It’s holding me back I’m what I can do job wise and also I need to walk off some weight but the pain is debilitating.
Old 17-03-2021, 11:44 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Simple, you just need a bit of extra love in your life to brighten things up around you. You are very special to have caught covid 19 and lived to talk about it I can assure you of that. Love is life, life is love. What your looking for is the answer, that answer is love, its right there under your nose. Love. Amen
I agree I do need more love around me. My husband has been very nagative towards me tbh. It’s like we are polar opposites. He’s stressed he has a lot of health issues. I thought I might have nearly passed from covid when I felt my Nan and aunts, my husband said it was rubbish. I know now though they were showing me strength and love to get me through it.
I feel quite alone and emotional tbh.
Old 17-03-2021, 11:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You're a natural medium.
It must be very disconcerting to have this just 'happen to you'!

Sylvia Browne had it basically come on suddenly and many others...
a friend of mine that was 60 was very confused as a 13 yr old when it started for her, luckily she and many,
have family members that explain things.

James Van Praaug - good to read, John Edward...
Even The Long Island Medium, Theresa Caputo would be good to read about or watch.
They all will help you feel 'normal'.

Plus, people here.

It came completely out of the blue and suddenly. Though I’ve seen a lot of 11.11 times over several months. My daughter who has always said to me that she feels presence in places, I hadn’t taken much notice of her, but she’s very educated at only 14 on spiritual beliefs. She’s told my husband her Nan and grandad go up and down the stairs at night.
She hasn’t been frightened by it, but when things were happening to me, and ppl were saying it’s psychosis that I’m experiencing it made me worry about my daughter if I’m honest.
She says now that she doesn’t sense her grandad she said he’s around but not in her room like he was. I do wonder if he was getting a message through, I acted upon it and now it’s calmed down?
I’m trying to go with the flow I suppose. :) hopefully things will get clearer soon
Old 17-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melie1111
I wasn’t actually very sure where to place my post. What has happened to me since December has caused a lot of distress to my family. Much of my experiences have been blamed on covid or drugs or my mental health.
I had a physiatrist asking me if I see or speak to dead ppl. I knew exactly what he was getting at.
My husband says I’ve changed and has said he wants his wife back! He’s hugely negative about life and things and I do feel I have to distance myself from him as he drags me down too. He’s been home for the past yr with this pandemic. I felt really happy, positive I’d survived covid, and I felt a depression slump over me.
I have had back pain for 2 yrs. I don’t know what happened during this awakening but I had no pain for 3 weeks. It all descended back and I’m currently in a large amount of pain. I do wonder if it’s tension and stress and an unbalance of sorts in my body. I was going to try maybe seeing a reiki master. It’s holding me back I’m what I can do job wise and also I need to walk off some weight but the pain is debilitating.

I don't give advice but before getting into anything of a spiritual nature I do suggest you try to deal with the physical pain you're experiencing and the depression that's a consequence of all that's wrong in your life. Stress - as you've correctly identified - results in huge imbalances in the energy of your physical body. A healer may be able to help you but there's nothing wrong by praying for some healing for yourself. You won't be as effective in using your own gifts to help others if your health is compromised.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
I agree I do need more love around me. My husband has been very nagative towards me tbh. It’s like we are polar opposites. He’s stressed he has a lot of health issues. I thought I might have nearly passed from covid when I felt my Nan and aunts, my husband said it was rubbish. I know now though they were showing me strength and love to get me through it.
I feel quite alone and emotional tbh.

Negativity is quite harmful and no good for the health and well-being of an individual like your husband for the matter. I think he needs to turn the love light on and be more positive about things, this will help with his health. Amen
Old 18-03-2021, 08:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It came completely out of the blue and suddenly. Though I’ve seen a lot of 11.11 times over several months. My daughter who has always said to me that she feels presence in places, I hadn’t taken much notice of her, but she’s very educated at only 14 on spiritual beliefs. She’s told my husband her Nan and grandad go up and down the stairs at night.
She hasn’t been frightened by it, but when things were happening to me, and ppl were saying it’s psychosis that I’m experiencing it made me worry about my daughter if I’m honest.
She says now that she doesn’t sense her grandad she said he’s around but not in her room like he was. I do wonder if he was getting a message through, I acted upon it and now it’s calmed down?
I’m trying to go with the flow I suppose. :) hopefully things will get clearer soon

In times of great difficulty some people become aware of 'spooky stuff'. That may be because their loved ones in spirit are drawing close and trying to help and it's not uncommon to hear that a grandparent has been seen or has appeared. This may be frightening or alarming but they come with love.

The more individuals are 'into' such matters the more it may happen but it can also happen even to those who have never demonstrated even the slightest interest in, or knowledge of, the subject.

'Going with the flow' is a great approach without over-thinking the situation but it may be hard to recognise having reached that point. Everyday life has to continue and even family in spirit may not have the answers to all life's problems. Nobody becomes omniscient simply because they have died but sometimes they may be able to help guide a little.
Old 18-03-2021, 10:33 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Bobjob

Namaste