Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 14-05-2021, 01:56 PM
ImthatIm

Post #619 response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopPwlN68GQ
There are different mindsets that hinder reciprocation and relations.

I think John Trudell hits on some of it.
I will bring up a short vid. but there are other longer ones where he talks about the industrial slave mentality and predator energy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSFf4TojYHc

I include this industrial predator energy and more when I refer to Frog skin religion.

Your probably well versed in reading/sensing energy.
I experience it too, maybe not to the degree you do, maybe I know what you are talking about and maybe not.
I think the Hunter/Gatherer may very well have tuned in more and practiced regularly, this reading/sensing of energy.

My biggest connection is probably with fire.This in-tunement.
Especially the home fire to keep it burning all fall and winter continuously.
I don't have to do anything other than go about my business and
when the fire needs attention it tells me energetically.
I know it is not the same as hunting but it is that silent communication that is there.
Old 14-05-2021, 03:49 PM
ImthatIm

I imagine that Black Elk is speaking of the unseen knowing.

Quote:
And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being
Old 14-05-2021, 09:54 PM
ImthatIm

I feel part of the fukarwe tribe most everywhere.
Like a shapeshifter in and out of different realities.

Which is why I need more Mountain time. About 3 weeks worth.
Get rid of all this civilized residue off me and get pure again and slow way down.
Old 14-05-2021, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
My biggest connection is probably with fire.This in-tunement.
Especially the home fire to keep it burning all fall and winter continuously.
I don't have to do anything other than go about my business and
when the fire needs attention it tells me energetically.

I know it is not the same as hunting but it is that silent communication that is there.
Yep.

I am not exactly sure the Aleut speaker was talking about the same thing, but I strongly suspect he was. He is Arctic after all and all our cultures & beliefs & experiences are based on animism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eti%C3%A4inen

At the bottom of the page there was an Irish link:
Quote:
A fetch, based in Irish folklore, is a supernatural double or an apparition of a living person. The sighting of a fetch is regarded as an omen, usually for impending death.
Now, this really is an unfortunate belief, because the double is a natural part of the living.
Like waiting for a tradesman at 9am, but by 2pm you’re already given up hope he will come that day. But then at 3pm your body suddenly knows beyond any doubt he is coming – now.
So, you go outside to open the gate – and there he comes down the street and now driving into your yard.
A perfect match.
As everyday mundane as that.

The Double
Experiences of the “double” in Saami culture are a norm, something to be expected, therefore people do not generally fear nor feel anxious about them.

“EtiƤinen” in Saami is called “Ovdasas” (forerunner or forewalker) or “Mannasas” (walking afterwards) or “Forrosas” (traveller) or “Suoje” (protector).

In ‘Karel’ the double is “Itse” (the self) or “Varjosielu” (shadow soul) or “Varjohaltija” (shadow protector) or “Suojelija” (protector).

I have never gotten an ‘instruction’ how to experience them, but in one’s culture, one just takes it for granted that everybody does.

But in the modern Western World doubles are not observed.
So, when people tell you they are this and that, yet their double tells another story – it is not a match … then one is in the “Where the Fukarwe” again.
Besides, when one’s identity is more in the double, one feels like a ghost in the modern world - nobody sees you, you are invisible, you don’t exist.
So, Thank God for Aboriginal & Islander people who see beyond the physical form.

This is “New Agey” but from 1:50 onwards to 3:40 it talks about the “Energy Field” & yeah, it’s Ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRZPWit-Zrs

My Tibetan Lama friend (when we were talking about Chakras) told me to always keep (awareness of) my “Guru” sitting above my head.

Quote:
I feel part of the fukarwe tribe most everywhere.
Like a shapeshifter in and out of different realities.

Which is why I need more Mountain time. About 3 weeks worth.
Get rid of all this civilized residue off me and get pure again and slow way down.

My plans as well, now that the weather is getting good.
I am not a healer, but I imagine it wouldn’t hurt to start strengthening the light of one’s “Luminous Energy Field” – to work at it from both ends.
Exercise, diet etc. healthy living for the physical and increasing the light on the non-physical side.

Old 14-05-2021, 10:36 PM
Master
ImthatIm

You then perhaps have a connection with Fire …
I guess mine is Wind …
& One doesn’t make it so – it just turns up that way …

Old 14-05-2021, 11:26 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
ImthatIm
You then perhaps have a connection with Fire …
I guess mine is Wind …
& One doesn’t make it so – it just turns up that way …
Yep
Always have had the fire connection.
If there is a ceremony I look for the fire.
If I can't help I will just sit quietly if welcome and the fire will speak all I need to know thru connection.
But of course I pay good attention to the Waters and Winds and Rocks also.

I find the chainsaw meditation keeps the Mind from wandering.LOL ,true but funny Stihl.
Old 16-05-2021, 06:44 PM
ImthatIm

sentient
Here is the dragon I made for my friend.
https://redroadsters2.wixsite.com/pa1621190300234
Old 16-05-2021, 06:57 PM
ImthatIm

sentient
In reference to your post #624
In reference to a fetch:I have never heard of such Irish folklore.
I know very little about Irish folklore or culture.
I have heard of a type of Spirit double.

In reference to the vid. talking about the energy field:
Yeah, that seems very plausible.I believe in the energy field very much so.
I also believe in a type of guru above the head.
Old 16-05-2021, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
sentient
Here is the dragon I made for my friend.
https://redroadsters2.wixsite.com/pa1621190300234
That is really carefully, thoughtfully, artistically & beautifully done.
You have got talent.

Old 16-05-2021, 09:55 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
That is really carefully, thoughtfully, artistically & beautifully done.
You have got talent.

Thanks, I enjoyed making it for my friend.
Ha, It's also funny.I was just going to bring up gifts and talents.
In reference to your question."why is ‘native way of knowing’ different?"

Maybe a part of it is not unfolding and learning about ones own individual and collective gifts and talents.
Maybe there is too much going after and adopting others gifts and talents.
Like reading about something and wanting to have that persons gifts and talents.

I was reminded of early on when I began meditating I had read somewhere,
"Pray to the White Eagle before meditation and it would help".
Well I was curious so I did. I was surprised because during my meditation I was kinda reprimanded or corrected.
I received a clear message."Don't search for the answers,the answers will come."
So from that point I quit trying to adopt things I read into any type of practice willy nilly without serious investigation and contemplation.
So I've attempted to follow a path that I see unfolding in front of me that has a certain pull not just a curiosity.
Also things that speak to me and pull me naturally.Through visions and dreams and a inner Heart knowing or a outer Spirit guidance.
Of course I get side tracked. I have very human tendencies and emotional traumas to tend to also, and I have a thinking brain.LOL
Also without any sort of traditional upbringing, I was raised in the Industrial fabric of the USA but I was always in rebellion to it.
So you could say I was lost and boy was I.
Also anyone could say I am still lost and I would not argue.
I see my path and I see my growth, so I know my Fukarwe tribe is at least headed in the right direction.LOL

I have no idea if this helps any to answer your question any.
It is just something I was reminded of, these natural gifts and talents.
Here in the USA they tell you "you can be anything you want to be".Of course they mean within their system.