Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 26-08-2023, 03:16 AM
Ascender

the sub conscious as base camp.

Hello all.
Some pretty rough and ready thoughts came to mind.

The awakening awareness of being alive requires a first mental base camp where feelings concerning the provisioning of requirements for survival can be begin to become apparent to the now independent yet utterly dependant new born.

So begins the dilemmas of being alive, dilemmas apparently similar for all but presenting in great variety of circumstance as each new born begins the journey of navigating the realities of cause and consequence.

These varying causes and consequence for each individual begin to be reacted to by each individual, recorded in memory, and become the bedrock foundation of instinctual individually chosen judgement preferences--judgement pathways which influence all subsequent conscious reasoning, behaviour, and perception.

Cheers.x
Old 17-11-2023, 03:46 PM
Master

survival requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
The awakening awareness of being alive requires a first mental base camp where feelings concerning the provisioning of requirements for survival can be begin to become apparent to the now independent yet utterly dependant new born.

Feelings of survival are important but not primary .
1. When kid is mother's womb - umbilical cord connected to foetus provides food on its own and baby grows inside mother's womb.
2. When kid comes out womb and does not have teeth to have any food , the milk is prepared exclusively for the baby in mother's breasts till the time teeth comes to the kid . No special effort or assistance required.
3. Even when kids grow for most of the kids, they don't have to worry for food/shelter /clothing at least till adolescence. Gradually with social training survival requirements become prominent and dominant.

Sub-conscious definitely plays an important role in anyone's life decisions /choices / preferences. But that too can be purified with spiritual growth .And this is where spirituality plays important and crucial role and gives meaningful results to seekers .
Old 18-11-2023, 08:55 AM
Ascender

Hello HITESH.
Thanks for adding your thoughts to the mix. Cheers.x
Old 18-11-2023, 02:20 PM
Master

the 'base camp' is as far as i know one of the steps many people have to take on their journey through life. Stocking up enough abilities or resources to know they can survive and then building the rest of their life on that....

im given to understand some people get everything handed to them though. For example Joseph in the bible. But there is a price for that...

my own thought is that such 'base camps' kind of blockade out a part of reality, I'm 'fixing' a part of my life in a big way and simply won't allow it to change if I've got any say with that. Because the fact is everything I've wanted and gotten is built on that foundation, and if the foundation goes I risk losing the rest of it too.

this i think is why people are so fixated on their own 'attitudes' about life being supreme in some way...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And also any more I'm getting very discouraged with this ongoing theme I've got where I've got to have one thing before I will let myself have another thing. Having to continously be building things up that way is getting to be a very big chore. I'm kinda wanting to do something else for a change? But how do you do that when all you know how to do is set one brick atop another? Well the answer to that is more obvious than it might seem but it doesn't sound too appealling...

sitting dealing with the rawness of life as it happens doesn't seem so appealing at first either, because one looks around and everyone else *seems* to be doing something much more pleasant... and even if one decides they aren't well there isn't any social value in not doing what others are doing sigh...

and meanwhile you can't be building castles in the sky if you are doing that...
Old 18-11-2023, 04:20 PM
Master

sub-conscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
... if the foundation goes I risk losing the rest of it too....
.... Well the answer to that is more obvious .. it doesn't sound too appealling...
.... if one decides they aren't well there isn't any social value ...

You are right . People face lot of dilemma / conflicts in any path. Opinions/ preferences stored in our sub-conscious as illustrated in quotes above come in the way of our progress.

This is where guidance from genuinely experienced ones , faith and patience come into place and with that sub-conscious mix changes gradually for better. But its definitely no magic and the process takes time. But without this process and perspectives at base camp surmounting mountain-tops is challenging task.