Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Mountain-Goat

worst movies

Share the one's you don't like.

My all time worst movie still is Happy Feet.
It's currently the only movie i stopped watching part way through it.
I lasted 20 minutes or so because i could not believe how bad it was and i wanted to make sure i wasn't trippin'

I nearly walked out on terrible movie version of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
There was even a scene in it that is not in the books.

The last three Star Wars.
My kids wanted to watch them because of all the buzz.

Oh yeah i watched a few minutes of one of the first Harry Potters and have never watched any more of any of them.
So i can't express if they are horrible or not based on a few minutes.

Tim Burton's, Planet of the Apes and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Reservoir dogs.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Master
I was not a fan of Happy Feet either. It was not that good of a movie. I was surprised that it made a sequal.

I did not think the first three star wars movies, or the last three depending on who you speak to are as bad as some people make them out to be. I will say the first movie seemed like it was really long, and Jar Jar Binks was too much of a stereotype to be believable as a relateable character. I did not like how characters just appeared throughout the movies with no actual story with them. Such as Dooku, Grievous, etc. I did like the third movie and thought it was really good and showed a good side to the vader/anakin. I didn't like how the force went from being about energy type stuff to being almost like possession. Perhaps to take the religious aspect out of it.

As for bad movies. Anything where Tom Green has a major role in it. I don't know how it got so popular at the time, but his movies were terrible. Such as his Freddy got... movie.

I'm not a fan of those horror movies where there killer has been shot, stabbed, lite on fire, and keeps on going. They just are not relateable to me.

Or the movies that are poorly written so they use a lot of special effects to try and compensate for the poor story telling. Like in Spiderman III.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Deactivated Account

hmmm, I thought Happy Feet was a cute movie, just for fun

ok worst movie ~ Kill Bill ( not that I watched it but happened to see bits and pieces of it when with a friend )

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Henri77

Well I'm a movie LOVER , and really try to go along for the ride, disengage the critic for 2-3 hrs
and get my $7 worth ...... I
I've only walked out of one movie, but forgot which.

Terminators 2 was, IMO absolute trash , (if one is over age 12). I was hoping it'd get better and shoulda just left.
If Meghan Fox wasn't in it, I'd have passed on it , for sure.

Other than the Exorcist, it's the only film I truly regret seeing, but for different reasons, had nightmares for weeks after that one.

Hated the ending of "No Country For Old Men" ... as a writer I feel they betrayed the audience, with no real ending. A cardinal sin for screenwriters. Brilliant story-acting with no resolution.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:15 AM
madein71

for me the worst movie I have had the misfortune to sit through was Eat Pray Love....... which says a lot for me because I like most Julia Roberts movies!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 AM
hawkmoth65

I don't know whether it's just me,but Nicholas Cage seems to have a tendency to star in awful films.

The book 'Captain Corelli's Mandolin' was beautiful,but the film?Starring Nicholas Cage,it was the biggest wasted chance I think I've ever seen.Huge swathes of the book were missing,the atmosphere was non-existent and even the very pretty Penelope Cruz couldn't save it.

Also,the remake of 'The Wicker Man' starred Mr Cage and was dreadful,the decision to relocate the small Scottish island to somewhere off the coast of America was a huge mistake.

The 'Final Destination' franchise is forgettable,we got the message in the first film so by the fifth I think most viewers were likely to be asleep.Ditto the 'Saw' films.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Suspended
I thought Fatal Attraction was a load of old tripe.
Was so cross with myself for falling for the hype.
Paid to see it at the cinema and had popcorn.
Came away feeling cheated and somewhat forlorn.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Master
Titanic.
Everything starring Kevin Kostner
Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Henri77

Any movie starring Tom Cruise better be damn special, for me to stomach his presence. Even Hannibal Lecter is more endearing.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I was not a fan of Happy Feet either. It was not that good of a movie. I was surprised that it made a sequal.

I did not think the first three star wars movies, or the last three depending on who you speak to are as bad as some people make them out to be. I will say the first movie seemed like it was really long, and Jar Jar Binks was too much of a stereotype to be believable as a relateable character. I did not like how characters just appeared throughout the movies with no actual story with them. Such as Dooku, Grievous, etc. I did like the third movie and thought it was really good and showed a good side to the vader/anakin. I didn't like how the force went from being about energy type stuff to being almost like possession. Perhaps to take the religious aspect out of it.

As for bad movies. Anything where Tom Green has a major role in it. I don't know how it got so popular at the time, but his movies were terrible. Such as his Freddy got... movie.

I'm not a fan of those horror movies where there killer has been shot, stabbed, lite on fire, and keeps on going. They just are not relateable to me.

Or the movies that are poorly written so they use a lot of special effects to try and compensate for the poor story telling. Like in Spiderman III.

Same here.
I was somewhat shocked that Lucas decided to make the Force like some kind of bacteria that could be measured with a Star trek like tricorder.
And yeah, Grevious( the red devil guy with horns?)
A real badass character, but he shows up and then he's killed.
Sort of like the albino twins ghost people from Matrix 2,3?
Unstoppable, real story plot material, and , oh look, they're not unstoppable, they now dead.

I simply did not like the director's choices for dialogue and acting.
And his obsession with GC as opposed to those two things.
Yes, two and three got a little better, but the pleasure was few and far between the pain for me.

My son described a few scenes from a Tom Green movie.
I will never watch one.

Spiderman I was ok.
The first movie is always about the birth of the superhero, the transformation, so you've got to be pretty lame to stuff that up.
I saw the sequel with the black evil spiderman in it...did not like it.

Like Batman Begins. One of my all time favs.
But The Dark Knight, even though it has the brilliant efforts of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker, I didn't like the overall experience.