Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 22-01-2022, 01:50 PM
asearcher

Reading people - where does it come from?

I am not exactly Einstein, (who would have guessed, LOL) but I have been told I have something called "emotional intelligence". Good to have, I guess.

I have tried to think of how did I ever get to have emotional intelligence? Does anyone know why some of us have that in particular? From what I understand there is something called "the 7 intelligence", that we end up with something.

My best guess is that i developed it because there were circumstances in my childhood that led to it, I simply had to develop this type of intelligence, make it stronger, seeing "the little things".

Later in life I was in for a period in a romantic relationship with a psychopath and he was skilled at reading people, situations but he lacked the ability to read few human facial expressions (fear could have been one of them). He knew me or better off knew of me for a long time before we began seeing each other for real, and I think he had enough time to study me both from a far and closing in, to understand I could read people, and read more than he could, and so he had use of me (or so he thought). As I understood as the relationship progressed that he read people, and used this for manipulation, for his own gain, I naturally did not like him and became afraid of him.

Later on I got to know a narcissist (not romantic) and this narcissist was, is up to the same type of reading off people. The psychopath and the narcissist use it for selfish reasons, but I'm thinking for starters it had to be a mechanism for survival? It's because they have no empathy they don't feel bad doing this to other people. Both the psychopath and the narcissist would apologize to me only for me to later know they did not mean it. They have learned nothing and was on repeat. Had, has no empathy.

I've read that narcissists, psychopaths have been through something extremely terrible in order for them to create this personality disorder, but I've also read psychopaths are born that way, I can't say which, naturally.

Last edited by asearcher : 22-01-2022 at 08:10 PM.
Old 24-01-2022, 03:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Psychopaths are bored and struggle to feel any emotion whatsoever, so they pursue that "shock value" all the time. With less constant info to deal with, the mind has more energy for analytical thought.

Sociopathy and derivates, on the other hand, is more like a depression in reverse, so yes it is a defense mechanism. Every single sociopath I know of went through some really crude, personal moments in their lives, and they try to push them away however possible (i.e. keeping their minds busy all the time), but hardly get over it. This leads them to target autistic people more than anyone else, to put it simple it's a similar principle to the gay homophobe.
Of course I'm not justifying their decisions but, after all, don't we imitate what we see? It's infectious for weaker minds though, and the cycle could continue through many generations.
Finally, it's a fact that people in general tend not to be so nice to the sad ones, but being functional (and hopefully a pro) is what matters most, probably an achievement. Hence the need to wear so many masks (thus "reading people" becomes a must); when everything seems to fail in a specific moments, it's easier to fall into extreme measures. Then the cycle gets reinforced anytime anything works, or, it's yet another memory to push behind anytime anything fails.
Old 04-02-2022, 07:43 AM
asearcher

Thank you very much for your reply, MrBin =)
Old 05-02-2022, 08:12 PM
Master
Emotional intelligence is a good gift to have—- it’s tactile… it’s great you can read people, it gives you the emotional and empathy edge- in breaking away also when things get to intense…

I think these people sociopaths (go through struggle and are made in suicidal crippling of society- like suicidal banking lol

Psychopaths are born that way-

narcissism is learnt and people are born with it…

A say a lot life is the true narcissistic—- firm believer—- reincarnation changes people, life emotional relationships change people- deaths and grieving; changes people… death changes people- almost like death didn’t wipe the state clean from memory and the sadistic ways of death- thoughts that burn in plenty fires ect are tormented and more princess to narcissism like those with heart attacks/ like love stopped or love only for it’s own life- thus settling ways of narcissism and vanity —-

All this is research… but from personal opinion being in accidents with fire ect sustained burns and carrying them through other avartas/ pictures to proof it… have a tendency to mimic the piecing ways of life- cutting right through the hay stack.. life builds you up in moments and brings you down the next-

Your posts are interesting…

Narcissistic and sociopaths and psychopaths all interest me.. but can’t be explained but by their behaviours against other people and their tactics, I’m sure there’s tactics that we haven’t learnt being used by them- when more is available more also because a tactic…

I think reading people comes from our first memory’s of life- environmental and habitat: survival and instincts from the instrumentals fire, electrical, water and other elements : living a native way- comes with a native way of living not being naive and putting our hands in every substance and socket ect. Watching how we are with our body- a pain body - in some reckless forms - always listening and learning from our mistakes- like learning to walk or pretend playing- all apart of the mind to help stabilise and improve vitality… it’s a dangerous world out there-

With limited people gaining access to us we had to use our instincts to decide and recognise our clan ect

That was born and the first thing I remembered was my children- I instantly knew everything about them.. what they looked like, names ect we are to a point engaged with what’s ours- from what’s theirs… we had to grow up under these conditions so we would learn-

Everyone is different- it’s saviour affect- we want to save people in order to save our self’s- at least as far as my children go: but we are separated- until we are whole I can’t know for sure they will go through death,pain, and all the fame this life has to offer- 50,000 hours for 10 hours seems like a good deal- when in fact it’s pointless- when 10 hours of pain means 50,000 hours of fleeting in time-

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 05-02-2022, 08:32 PM
Administrator
I am a people reader have been all my life. one look is all it takes for me to know if i like you or not.and I am never wrong.
but there again i am a medium so its normal for me

Namaste
Old 13-03-2022, 09:47 AM
Master
Everyone has the ability to read people. People subconsciously do it all the time. It comes naturally as does intelligence. Children and animals due it all the time. Though a clouded mind burden with prejudice, fear, anxiety, worry, infatuation, etc, can hinder this natural ability.

I notice quite a few people who are attached to a spiritual identity will make it into an ego thing where they become kinda boastful about it.
Old 13-03-2022, 06:28 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I am a people reader have been all my life. one look is all it takes for me to know if i like you or not.and I am never wrong.
but there again i am a medium so its normal for me

Namaste

Hello

I am the same as Native Spirit I came in with all that I am and I so had no choice to dump it all no matter how hard I tried. Even a Near Death Event did not end the journey of me being me. More it just changed the path I was on to a new path going forwards.

What I have learned is that I can control reading others and that its not my "right" to go around doing it with free will, but that said if I am to know something I will get that feedback, then I have to decide what I do with it.

Does it serve another's higher good to know what is going on ? Or is it best that things stay in still waters.

We are all born to be open to what we are chosen for in this lifetime but too I do feel we have a "little" wiggle room in control.

Lynn
Old 15-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Master
Intuition and experience. And I'm not apologetic for it like I used to be years ago

I trust the vibes that I get and it's to the point I could even somehow detect things like "narcissist / energy vampire laughter" or "toxic parasitic indirect brainwashing" and things like that in real life
Old 16-03-2022, 05:52 AM
asearcher

Maybe it is something that is intertwined then.

I think Ocean Breeze is right that everyone can read others, but to some level of it, can be clouded by other things, then perhaps too it is something naturally used by psychics, mediums as well then. About the boosting part of it I can't say, I don't have any personal experience of it or else, so I am not able to say anything about it, but Ocean Breeze has had experiences of that happening with some in the psychic/medium community.

I am someone "open" and have had my experiences for sure but that don't make me a psychic or medium, mine seem to more have a life of it's own than something I can control. Then again there's always something that seem to stand in my way of advancing myself but hopefully one day I will be able to know if it's possible.

For me it is perhaps something connected to that I am highly sensitive so I take in a lot more because of that, good and bad, just part of my personality I suppose. It's hard to tell.

Like Izz I failed to go on my intuition one time in my life and I learned from this mistake, not to go by others but by my own say, my own intuition, experiences. Nothing bad that ain't got something good that comes out of it :)
Old 16-03-2022, 09:43 AM
Master
Dear Asearcher,

I felt the intuitive pull to share with you this picture. As I told you, you needn't hold on the guilt or shame

(I feel like if it were not for both my tf and soulmate, I would not have awakened to things like this)