Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-01-2022, 06:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There is another level of knowing which transcends common sense. The human mind is dualistic while the heart,
at the core of our being, is holistic. (...)
I believe that the middle path is best and we can benefit from both the path of the head and the path of the heart
Mmmh

I read here https://www.sahyadrisamadhan.com/201...s-of-mind.html
Patanjali says that yoga “neutralizes” or calms chitta, rather than destroying it. (...) This stills the mind and allows one to perceive God. (6) In the body, chitta is centered in the heart.

The middle way is not middle up/down, it's middle between pains and pleasures, asceticism and hedonism.
Energy needs to raise up to the crown and flow, resulting in a healthier, happier, more profound, more conscious life, that's, to me, the unavoidable "hierarchy" or way up.
And common sense, to me, includes the feelings from the heart

Last edited by Guillaume : 20-01-2022 at 07:59 PM.
Old 21-01-2022, 02:12 AM
Master
Guillaume, The Hindu paradigm aside, instead of saying the word “middle” I could have just said
use both the path of the head and the path of the heart. I referred to middle as using both and not as
a reference to mean in the middle.

When I was a teacher students would tell me that they were either right brain or left brain, and proclaim
that was their style of learning. I would tell them to be whole brain, meaning they might use both
hemispheres and not just one.

This is the same way I meant regarding the heart and the head. The language I used may have been
misleading. Middle also infers balance, nonetheless, I initially learned about the mystical path from the
Hebrew Kabbalah, and not from yoga per se; although I do understand that yoga is the alchemy of the
east and alchemy is the yoga of the west.

We all have our different way of interpreting the same thing; all paths eventually lead to the same space.

Peace
Old 21-01-2022, 08:03 AM
Master

Quote:
I believe that the middle path is best and we can benefit from both the path of the head and the path of the
heart, but lots of people are polarized in their head where reasoning and logic are God. We view life through the
lens of our thoughts and feelings.

I wonder how we know where we are at; isn't it hard to determine where "I'm" at.

What you say strikes me as entirely true. I have a lot of respect for those who operate completely through the heart centre. My belief is there are people who function almost entirely through heart, and heart's wisdom is much deeper, wider, and real than anything our heads can offer.

Signed,
Head Person

pixiedust
Old 21-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes, you can say the Earth is a sphere and that lions are meat eaters. But we are are talking about the human context, our preferences, how we define something (like the ''ego'') etc. Perspectivism is not the same as relativism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspectivism
If I put it in a breath meditation context for the sake of illustration, no two people will feel the same thing, nor will a single person feel the same thing at different times. In this sense, or these senses, there is a perspective of perception, or we say 'we see things differently'. However, that being true, the perception, the qualia of the experience, does not require an interpretation or other secondary notion like opinion, reaction etc. In most cases we would interpret perceptions to make sense of and give meaning to our experiences, but these are secondary notions, that come after the fact, primarily based on past conditioning and accumulated learning.

In relation to 'ego', as Nietzsche was quoted: "The "subject" is not something given, it is something added and invented and projected behind what there is.—Finally, is it necessary to posit an interpreter behind the interpretation? Even this is invention"
Old 21-01-2022, 11:22 AM
Master
Pixiedust, the head wants to know what the heart already knows. The head would put a label on it,
which basically means put it in a box, or category, under the pretense of curiosity.

In my perspective I do not see things as high or low, as my journey has been an inward journey that has
bought me to and increasingly finer state of being. All motion is circular, there are really no straight lines of
up or down.

What goes around comes around, and the lessons keep repeating themselves until we master them.
Once mastered our consciousness travels in a spiral motion to a finer perspective. Everything is right
here right now; its all just a matter of perception.

Humanity hands out grades and judgments about where a person may, or may not, be but beings in
heaven do not call the place they are in “heaven.” The spiritual experience is immeasurable; any reference
as to where a person is at, is but a mentally constructed façade born in human culture.

I used to be stuck in my head, a highly intellectual type. There is no right or wrong in this, everything is
useful. The journey will eventually take you into your own heart. Don’t judge your self, because saying
where you are at does not mean that is actually where you are at. Truth, as I experience it, shows me
that we are growing into the realization that we are everywhere.

Peace
Old 22-01-2022, 08:41 AM
Master

Quote:
The journey will eventually take you into your own heart. Don’t judge your self, because saying
where you are at does not mean that is actually where you are at. Truth, as I experience it, shows me
that we are growing into the realization that we are everywhere.
Wise words all round.

Do you think that I'm not in my own heart? Do we ever leave it? We are both here and not here perhaps and maybe knowing who and what we are brings greater clarity to us all in life.

Namaste.
Old 22-01-2022, 05:14 PM
Ascender

Probably a bit of both, depending on the individual. On the one hand, you can have your spiritual turning point, and decide that life is much better on the spiritual path. You don’t want to go back to your old ways, feeling separate from the Source, judging people, feeling at the mercy of events etc.

Or you can have some success, then manifest some more difficult life lessons, and feel disenchanted with the spiritual process. You may even withdraw from it at some stage, feeling that is all a load of rubbish. But then you may still have that nagging feeling that there is ‘more to life than just struggle and negativity’ and return to the spiritual process at a later date.

I would say though, that it is more common to stay on the spiritual path, once you have had your transition moment.
Old 22-01-2022, 05:52 PM
Master
Pixiedust, we exist, concentrated, at the heart of our being, we are always there.
Unconsciousness is the culprit, just about every mistake, or every problem, which I have had
in my life came from a lack of awareness.

We can never really leave our heart, we can only ignore it; turn our attention elsewhere. The
external world of materialism can be so alluring. I call it the plastic fantastic and it can be so
enticing. If we live by our outer senses then we are at risk of being dragged into the outside world.

Human culture does not respect the human heart, or at least there is more attention and respect
given to reasoning and logic then there is to intuition and the path of the heart. Objectivity is seen
as more valid then subjectivity. A lot of ignoring our heart comes from human conditioning.

Our senses go deep within us, even into other dimensions. We have outer sight and also insight,
we can feel things with our hands and we can also feel within us. The process of turning our
attention inward will help us follow our senses into the depths of our own being, where an experience
more ecstatic than the outer experience awaits.

Pixiedust what is the month and day of your birth; do not tell me the year. I will post something
here about the month and day of your birth; which may give some general insight into your journey.

Peace
Old 23-01-2022, 09:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes!! I say this a a lot. 'Suspect' is a good word.
I say 'woefully limited'!
For the most part our senses and perceptions are 'designed' for survival in a world we'd be munched on out of existence without, so they're adequate enough for that. Interestingly those same survival instincts are still in play during 'Spiritual practices'. And since you're a Jung fan too, 'Spiritual' is one of the main archetypes of the collective unconscious, it's a behaviour pattern playing itself through. Dontcha just love self awareness?
Old 23-01-2022, 09:49 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I am not bothered about Jung's specific definitions of them.
Of course you're not, as is everyone else that creates their own definitions of the words and calls it Spirituality. It's all Brownie points at the end of the day but for those who seek authenticity the serve as examples of how making stuff up to suit an agenda is a really bad idea, and no matter how hard they try the only people they really convince is themselves.

When everything is what people make up for the sake of their own agenda the world is a self-inflicted delusion, so by all means think that is Brownie points.